Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Scroll bar for the left column is very thin and difficult to grasp/click, please make it thicker, like a normal browser scroll

2. Please create a dedicated workspace scroll bar on the right side; this is especially needed when the XD app window is narrowed in size

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1. I opened an an icon library with 600 icons. I then tried to search for all icons with the word 'library' in them; 30 items cam back, but when clicked on one of the items, it was impossible to see the highlighting of the object because I needed to zoom out so much on the main artboardto see all of them.

It would be insanely helpful if you when using the filter search option, the items selected from the result set, say double-click would be zoomed in on the actual artboard, so the user does not spend minutes dragging the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2. one missing feature in many prototyping app is the ability to show screenflows. which Overflo is doing very well.
    Can XD support multiple flows to be exported into same development link so it is easy to refer to how screens are all connected together?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I need to be able to export a recording with a transparent background. Use case was embedding a prototype walkthrough/recording on a [web] page that has a dynamic or gradient-based background.

Today, recording defaults to a black channel underneath any artboard/pasteboard fill value with any level of opacity, if a fill is selected and even if there isn’t one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When attempting to open a file, from the home screen as you open Xd, the "Recent" screen with all the thumbnails truncates all of the file labels so that it is impossible to distinguish between them if you have similar names. Also, hovering over the image doesn't do anything - you have to specifically hover over the file name to see it's full name, and the same with the file path. It would be much better if when we hovered anywhere on whole thumbnail or labels we could see a tool tip with the file whole name, and then the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When I'm working with my team I would like to lock some artboards in a collaboration file. This way I can guarantee that those artboards will stay unchanged but my colleagues can still see my progress and copy elements.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  6. When there is a comment set with a pin, it would be nice to reply to the comment with another pin.

For example, a client wants a call to action changed to be more visible. Then I suggest connecting it to a different call to action in another location.

As of now, if I want to reply to their comment with my suggestion, I have to describe the location to which I'm referring.

If I could reply with a Pin, they would see where I'm referring to right away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to have a feature that allow me to drop a screen capture of a web page and make some kind of "trace" like in Illsutrator, but in this case Adobe XD would create vector elements for every item that detects on the image. Like an OCR for an image.

I have to redraw pages sometimes and this would save a lot of time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Is it possible to export icon as .ico format? I wanted to save save icon for "favicon"

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would love to have the ability to create overrides for master components. For example if I create a card, I would like to be able to select a text field, and in the properties panel have an overrides section where I can hit add. The properties panel would then give me a text field where I could type the new text and it would update that component.

That override field would be available on all instances of the component, each with its override content being separated from the other instances.

However, the text itself in the component would still…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Developers use educated guess work when it comes to making animations based on designs.

Just like normal design specs, we need animation specs to be able to hand off design that contain motion and transition information. a way to clarify animation and eliminate guess work for developers.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow users to assign markdown shortcuts to particular character styles, so that the style are automatically applied to that line of text.

This would allow for much faster formatting of longer content like blog posts.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice to be able to replace a group with a component. Here is a common use case: An artboard has been duplicated several times, and there is a change to the copy. The copy group is made into a component on one artboard, but the other artboards still have the groups. Being able to drop a symbol onto a group would quickly replace the grouped content with the component, which could then be updated universally. Additionally, if you could select multiple groups and have every group in the selection be replaced with a symbol, it would be…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Component states are great but ideally it would be better to allow an interaction to do both a state transition and an artboard transition.
    So an example would be a side nav with each element triggering a transition to a different page/artboard.
    I would like clicking on the link to change the component state (decorate it for example) as well as transitioning to the target artboard

thanks

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Right now every font sits differently inside a text box making it very difficult to design text elements to align horizontally. I've uploaded a few images to visualize the issue.

The gray area shows a height in pixels. Text boxes are laid over the gray areas. You'll notice that for the most part the fonts line up correctly from ascender to descender which is that a font-size should be.

The blue area on the left of each example shows how far off from font-size the text box is.

A few observations:

1) You'll notice that as a font gets larger…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. I’m going to leave this open, but I will say that the current text boxes match the size of the glyphs as defined by the font designer and is not calculated separately by XD. This means that you’ll often find fonts that either have extra padding or insufficient padding to include all pixels in the font, as it’s defined in the font itself. Hope that helps!

15. We often have to design complicated components and in the end find out that we are unable to accomplish what we set up to accomplish without having to create multiple art boards. However, if we can take a collection of art boards, or a certain Flow, and turn that into a component, that'll be amazing!

Editing the Flow would update the component.

Art boards have the big advantage of seeing all your states together which will speed up the build. In the current implementation we have to click through all the states to see if they have updated correctly and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  16. I'm liking the simplicity of XD; good work! That said, one of the most powerful tools that I am missing from InDesign is the gradient feather tool. Of all the CC apps, InDesign has absolutely nailed functionality when it comes to total control of a gradient feather. Much simpler than Illustrator and Photoshop. Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be nice to be able to undo changes per artboard.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  18. Make auto counters a thing so that a numbered component/list can automatically change when a certain trigger is applied. Example: When adding items to a shopping cart, the number on the cart icon automatically changes when the button is clicked instead of having to manually create a list of numbers and different states for each one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In Illustrator or other adobe products I remember a menu dedicated to selection.
    I'd like to have a collection of selection functions all in one place:
    Something to select items with the same properties.
    Toggle how select all works (all art boards, all visible, or current art board only)
    select all objects above
    select all objects below

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)