Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show / Hide guidelines on published Design Specs

it would be very useful for developers to view layout guidelines.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Embed XD prototype in Keynote or PowerPoint

Prototyp in Präsentation

Wie kann ich die prototypen in eine keynote oder ppt-präsentation einfügen. Ich möchte in während der Präsentation durch den Prototypen klicken bzw. das interface in einen Monitor mappen und durch den Prototypen innerhalb des Präsentationsscreens klicken.

How can I paste the prototypes into a keynote or ppt presentation? I would like to click through the prototype during the presentation or map the interface into a monitor and click through the prototype inside the presentation screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe! Wenn Sie einen Prototyp veröffentlichen, haben Sie Zugriff auf einen iframe-Link. Sie können diesen Iframe in PowerPoint oder Keynote einbetten. Hoffe das hilft!

https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/1087428365685006336?s=20

Diese Nachricht wurde automatisch übersetzt.

Thanks for reaching out! When you publish a prototype, you have access to an iframe link. You can embed this iframe into PowerPoint or Keynote. Hope this helps!

3. Asset Panel Bug

Asset Panel Bug in New Update:
    Just updated the XD i have noticed that sometimes the renaming of a component does not work to make it work again i have to restart the XD. The cursor and the keyboard both stop working while trying to rename.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Erro 3183:-1

I am unable to share for review, the following error appears: Error 3183: -1

How can I solve it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Layers for overlays

If you used Layers to position the overlays, the positioning of elements would be MUCH easier and utilize the same resolution. Currently, the overlays have a difficult time with font resolution. Almost like it is using a low-res jpg/png/gif.

When using the Layer method, the connection would display the layer is the proper position.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Column / Layout Grids available in the Design Specs

Developers often need to know the amount of columns that an element takes in the layout. It would be perfect if instead of making a preview artboard with columns as shapes we could use a toggle that will allow developers to see what we used when we designed a specific layout.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Replace Artboard Action

I've had this idea for prototypes and things and thought of the switches. But when you leave that artboard and go back it's back to where it originally was. So what if there was an action for replacing an artboard so that once something links to that artboard it'll go the the artboard that replaced it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow transitions to be two decimals

Prototype transitions are limited to 0.1 second intervals when they should be able to be 2 decimal places like 0.15 seconds. This allows for more flexibility, especially for short, quick animations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Relational positions of items within the page

I suggest to add the ability to make OBJECT 1 placed in relation (left - up - down or right ) to OBJECT 2 . Object 2 can be a a text, shape, group or the artboard itself .

For Example : I need OK button located always on the right bottom corner with 80px margins. When I extend the size of page (vertically or horizontally), OK button will remain at the same position.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pixel to pixel distance measurement tool

A tool to click at any point in the artboard and measure the distance from that point to another point anywhere else in the same artboard.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unlink mask and images.

I need to change the mask size and the image size separately.
    Like every other Adobe App. Even have separate numeric control would be great. This can be useful even for animation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow text changes in local components

When using master design components and reusing them in other files, i like the idea of making components local so i don't accidentally push a copy change for one instance to all instances of that component.

However, i miss sketch's functionality where you can easily click a component and change the text in only instance. Makes prototyping go a lot faster.

See the attached gif for how i have to rename them today. Takes several clicks to rename. Even if i go into the layers, if i rename the text it just renames the title of the text not the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Slice tool & Multiple tabs

Multiple tabs section Why does Photoshop and Illustrator have it but not XD? I am planning to switch again Figma or Sketch. So many bugs are pending in XD.
    1. Slice Tool not available for Assets.
    2. Multiple tabs can't Open at a time like Photoshop & Illustrator.
    3. For Fonts we can't apply Gradient Colors, only we can apply gradients with creating Path, but if will Path converting for Fonts developers can't visible Font Size & Font family details in Zeplin.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you only add one suggestion per ticket, instead of the three you’ve suggested. The good news is, all three of your suggestions already have tickets, so you can simply upvote them:

1. Slice: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13712892
    2. Tabs: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13781706
    3. Apply gradient to text: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/18958438

14. Allow choosing UI language in the online shared prototypes and specs

Because of my location (Germany) all my shared prototypes and design specs have UI in German, which makes collaboration with non-German speaking colleagues and stakeholders difficult.
    Please add an option to choose UI language for online shared prototypes and specs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change aspect ratio of icons (Spark)

I submitted a Spark "bug" to customer care and was redirected here for some reason. Here is my issue:

In Spark (Android, but also Win 10/chrome), I was previously able to change the aspect ratio of *at least one rectangle icon. I used this capability frequently.

This would allow me to add a rectangle icon to my image and then change the shape to tall and skinny or wide and narrow and every aspect ratio in between. It was "unlocked".

It now appears that the rectangle icon I was using has now been "locked" (along with all the others) --…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show overflow text indication

show indicator of hidden text in paragraphs (as in Illustrator)

Please add a way to show if paragraph lines are hidden (same or similar to Illustrator)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 100% Preview in Prototype Mode

Very annoying that the Preview window is not at 100%.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Translation keys field on Design specs

Add a field on text elements where it's possible to add a translation keys.

The case
    As a PM I want to add the translation key for the text on the design.

Actual workaround
    Pin a comment to the element with the translation key.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Search Engine (Lateral menu)

I see the need for a search engine where you can navigate using the name (or keyword) to search for one or more screens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Connecting with the Slack app: Adobe requests too much proprietary information

Slack is what everyone uses in their company for communications. I cannot promote Adobe usage because Adobe as a company is asking for too much private information and is not giving us the option to minimize what we share. Therefore I have to back out of connecting Adobe XD and my wireframes in the Slack app. Please reconsider. People will increasing opt out if you don't give them to option to choose what information we need to protect at our company.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base