Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How To Pin An App

I am trying to design an app for this website https://silicophilic.com and trying to find the pin option. Any idea how can I get that done?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  09 : Mobile (Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Comment History

A comment history would be very helpful for the designer. A client might accidentally delete feedback and for the designer to have the capability to view any and all feedback (resolved/ deleted) would be helpful. That way it can be easily retrieved and the client will not have to worry about having to make those comments all over again. It would be a good safety, "backup" feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. You can already view all of the comments that have been resolved and not on the prototype, but not the deleted. Just to be clear – are you looking at a timeline for comment activity? Or is it just to be able to see deleted comments?

3. Color Plate

Adobe team please add a features in Experience Design (Adobe XD) Colour Plate Because a same project we make many of file Like

Home Page

There are many files not in one place so request is copy color plates features add in Adobe XD this is really help full

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. INTUITIVE / Gesture ALIGN

Move asn object to a "snap grid" then move to another "snap grid" then the object auto aligns to the behaviour and no the command. becoming more of a gesture to align. Zoomed out I could move an object to the boundaries of where I want it to align and it would centre to the snap boundaries.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Opacity in master component

I would like to see opacity value added to the component functionality, so that if I adjust the opacity in a master component, all the child components will have the same opacity value.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. CONVERT TO CODE

We seriously need to be able to convert our designs into code, just like sketch and invision can both do. This is the only thing holding people back from joining xd.

289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, all-

“Convert to code” is fairly ambiguous, and I’m looking for more specifics as to what you’re hoping to get out of this. We already have a number of stories that go to specific technologies: HTML/CSS, XCode, Android Studio, etc. I’d like to close this one out in the interest of having more specific export paths.

-Elaine

7. Baseline shift for individual character

I sometimes need to adjust the position of the trademark or register trademark icons in my screens, after changing the size, but I cannot because there is no baseline shift.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Share voice prototype through the app, not in a web browser

It would be extremely helpful to be able to share a voice prototype externally for testing using the Adobe XD app. Currently, when you share a prototype link, it automatically opens in a mobile browser which isn't ideal for testing an app experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Unlinking components

In certain scenarios, I would like to unlink my components from other files, eg. if i imported the wrong components.

Right now there seems to be no way of unlinking your components, other than creating a new file and manually delete the one you already have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Relink to library graphic

Add functionality that Photoshop has to 'Relink to library graphic'

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Dim background (set tint + alpha) behind overlay

Love the new overlays feature! As an extended feature it would be great if you could choose what should happen to the background when the overlay appears. For example being able to dim the background by choosing a color and opacity.

This would help with darkening the background for modals etc.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  13 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Copying individual element from photoshop

It would be great coping a Photoshop layer and paste down onto adobe xd.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Managing Multiple CC Accounts

The ability to download single files or folders from the cloud. Currently if you have multiple CC accounts (e.g. personal vs work) you have to download all files to your local computer. Or if you only want to work on a single project you need to download your entire CC library, which isn't necessary to work on single projects or files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fonts for iPhone

When I use the prototype in the iOS app, it fails to show commonly used fonts like Montserrat or SFPro(?) it has no sense that fails to show when the iPhone Uses that fonts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there! SF Pro should display, but I’m not 100% sure Montserrat is installed by default on Apple devices. Have you checked out the answer to the question “Why some of my fonts are not being transferred to the mobile device?” on this page? Why some of my fonts are not being transferred to the mobile device?

15. Export artboard as high quality image(s)

This was previously suggested but it seemed like it needed to be reposted (if not, feel free to delete this request).

Outside of maybe SVG for obviously (?) reasons, the exported file looks pixelated. The exports do not look presentable--I've been better off with screenshots but screenshots are screenshots. I would love if this request gets a second look.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keep text editable when converted to a component

XD v 19.1.22.6.

I converted a button into component. Duplicated the component, and went to edit the text on the next button, and it was no longer editable. The text became a shape when converted to a component.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but seems important.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adjust artboard height from top of the artboard like in Sketch

If you have an artboard full with content and you want to add more content in near the top of the artboard, currently you can only increase the height of the artboard from the bottom.

It would be great if you could also adjust the artboard height from the top of the artboard. This would reduce the time it takes to rearrange the content within the artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the delay! In this case, there’s a way to do what you want to do.

1. Select the artboard
    2. Turn on Responsive Resize
    3. Select the objects you want to pin to the bottom temporarily
    4. Switch responsive resize to “Manual”
    5. Click on the bottom pin
    6. Resize the artboard from the top

In this case, your objects will actually pin to the bottom when you resize your artboard. Please let me know if you want something different than this.

18. Assets Switch

Hi ppl,

It would be great if we can switch assets color on Art-board by selecting 2 colors and giving option like "Switch colors" or "Switch color to". Check the attached image.

Cheers,
    Manohar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Use current file location as Save as default path

When I select "Save As" it would make a lot of sense to use the file's current location as the default path. Currently XD seems to use the path that was used last time when using XD, regardless of the file.

I use file number versioning alot, and I have "lost" my files multiple times just to find out them being accidentally saved into the folder of another project.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support fractional values in the grid layout

we are working on 1200px width: 12 columns, 30px margin and 72.5 column width but cant work with xd cause of decimal value problem. It is not prossible to enter 72.5 at column width.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While I understand the need for precision, creating grids that snap off-pixel actually makes designing for screens less accurate, as it often forces elements to anti-alias, leading to less crisp artwork when you output. Are you absolutely sure you need columns that are off-pixel? If so, can you explain why?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base