Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better Experience

It makes no sense that when I click on someone's comment, a new tab opens. And if I've implemented password protection, I have to enter the password again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. change move increment value

Hello,

Could be interesting to change the increment value if needed. For exemple, working on 8px unit grid moving elements with a 10px increment is not efficient.

Tks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. star margin

Hello,

Could be interesting to consider the possibility to add a star margin. For exemple I want to be able to set a left, top and bottom margin but not a right one. So the right margin would take the rest of the space on the right.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Voice person: Amy, Joanna, etc

Hello, I notied that my voices in XD changed. I had a list of 3 including amy. it went to about 7, no more Amy, no others like Joanna. The problem is that now my prototype has different voices and unless i rebuild from scratch i can't change Amy to Joanna or vice versa. Anybody come across this? any solves?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The list of available voices are dependent on your system locale, as some of them have regional accents. To go back to your original set, you can change your region from “United States” to “Great Britain” in your Windows settings, then restart XD. You should see your original set of 3 at that point. Hope that helps!

5. close preview window keyboard command

I'm sure you used to be able to close the preview window with CMD+W now this is not possible, can you please reinstate that? (Mac Catalina) Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out. I just confirmed with our quality engineers that this does work on Catalina. However, if you have a keyboard trigger set on the artboard you’re previewing, XD will not respond to the command, as Cmd+W could be a valid keyboard trigger. Let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

6. Sitemap for shared prototype

Xd Prototype mode is very difficult to handle , when we are working in big enterprise web application , we have multiple flows wiring those flows in Xd is difficult , again when we share the link with customer they get also confuse , because in XD we dont have any sitemap in prototype mode
    I think product team made the prototype mode more intuitive and easy to use for big project handling like enterprise level application, rather then only mobile and website.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Snap to vector points

I am looking for a feature to snap objects to already existing geometry. So for example I have an existing line and want to draw a rectangle, which starts exactly at one endpoint and ends (with one side) at the other endpoint of the line (like object snap in AutoCAD for example or like the behaviour in Sketchup).

For the moment I would be fine with snaping to endpoints, more advanced it would be great to have "variable" snapping to edges/lines as well.

This would allow for more accurate and faster designs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Go to artboard

On viewing the list of layers, the user should be able to 'go to artboard' through a right-click menu
    Currently, it is not possible to find an artboard from too many artboards in the application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Grid Component Hover relation

I have a component with the hover state that is repeated within the grid. I repeated the first element several times, then I want to have different texts and images in each element. I expect that the change inside of each instance will NOT be repeated in other instances of this component within the grid - unfortunately this is not the case.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! I think what you’re actually looking for is not a repeat grid, but actually a series of components grouped into a stack. That way, it can grow and shrink with the size of the components in the stack instead of being fixed in width like the repeat grid. Does that work for you?

10. Fix export asset image size issue

Ok, I've noticed this issue as a bug. When you export, say a .png, at design size, it's the right size (@1x). When you export for web @2x from the program, it actually sizes down @1x to be half the size, and @2x to be the original size, which is opposite of what you want.

Weirdly enough, in developer specs, the assets are exported at the right size (@1x - Design size and @2x), double the pixel size of the design size.

Can you please fix this?! This has been this way for a while.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Proportional Responsive Resize

A proportional change of blocks is very often used on sites. It will be great if you add this feature.
    The spaces that can be created between blocks when changing the width of the artboard can be removed by linking the upper blocks to the lower blocks.
    You can also implement the zoom function.
    texts and icons when changing the width of the artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, I’m having a difficult time understanding what you’re asking for. We do have both responsive resize in multiple directions as well as Stacks to maintain spacing between different parts of a group. Can you please clarify?

12. Update Component Preview in Assets Panel when Master Component is edited

Currently, after creating a component, there is a preview image of that component in the assets panel. But if you make a change to that master component (for example, changing a green object to red) the preview in the assets panel does not update. So even though I now want this component to be a red object, it becomes very hard to find it in the assets panel, at a glance because it is still green in the preview image.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I want the seperate prototype links back

I thinks its very annoying that you now force us to present the design specs and prototype in the same share cause now it's impossible to iterate these two documents separately. Most of the times my design specs and my prototypes are different iterations and must be shared separately. Often we iterate different prototypes and we send design specs for just sections of the design, the section that has been accepted for release. With the new setup it's impossible to continuous this strategy and it messes things up. Please give us back the opportunity to share ONE thing at the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the latest version (31.x) of Adobe XD, you can achieve all of the following below. Here are the detailed steps that you can try in the latest version and let us know if this addresses your concerns?

1. Publish single artboard from canvas:

Steps:
    a. Switch to Prototype mode
    b. Select the artboard that you want to publish
    c. Set it as ‘Home’ artboard by clicking on the grey home icon decoration that shows up towards the left of that artboard.
    d. Make sure there is no other artboard that is having a wire connection to this set home artboard.
    e. Also make sure there are no other home artboards set in the canvas.
    f. Switch to Share mode, you should see this single home artboard highlighted in Share mode.
    g. Choose the type of link you want to publish and create the link.

2. Publish Prototype and Design…

14. Text selection highlight color on Windows should invert

When selecting text (via drag selection or double clicking a word), it will display the blue highlight boundary. There are some UI kits that use this blue as part of their wireframing palette making it impossible to see the text highlight when you have text on top of this color.

Ideally, the selection highlight should just invert the color underneath it so you can always see the boundary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Wacom Tablet Support for Prototype Link Navigation Scroll

Wacom Tablet scroll support needed for live prototypes. Our team use XD and love the application, we use Wacom tablets for all of our design work and have to dig out and dust off the old Mouse when viewing prototypes - which is a bit of a pain and I am sure we are not the only design studio to share this pain!!

Support for tablet scrolling would be very beneficial.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work

Regards

Michael

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Baseline shift for individual character

I sometimes need to adjust the position of the trademark or register trademark icons in my screens, after changing the size, but I cannot because there is no baseline shift.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dim background (set tint + alpha) behind overlay

Love the new overlays feature! As an extended feature it would be great if you could choose what should happen to the background when the overlay appears. For example being able to dim the background by choosing a color and opacity.

This would help with darkening the background for modals etc.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Alexa Preview plugin - screen dimension selection

ADOBE XD v 21.2.12.3 does not preview to "Amazon Echo Show 5" properly. I keep getting black bars on either side of my layouts regardless of what size I set up my artboards. The internet says the Show 5 screen dimensions are 960x480, but XD won't do that. Any workarounds?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. CONVERT TO CODE

We seriously need to be able to convert our designs into code, just like sketch and invision can both do. This is the only thing holding people back from joining xd.

333 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, all-

“Convert to code” is fairly ambiguous, and I’m looking for more specifics as to what you’re hoping to get out of this. We already have a number of stories that go to specific technologies: HTML/CSS, XCode, Android Studio, etc. I’d like to close this one out in the interest of having more specific export paths.

-Elaine

20. Export artboard as high quality image(s)

This was previously suggested but it seemed like it needed to be reposted (if not, feel free to delete this request).

Outside of maybe SVG for obviously (?) reasons, the exported file looks pixelated. The exports do not look presentable--I've been better off with screenshots but screenshots are screenshots. I would love if this request gets a second look.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base