Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

70 results found

1. It would be nice to be able to present functional wireframes to internal or external team members through Adobe Xd itself, not just sending out a link. InVision has a nice feature where you can start a presentation just by clicking a button. You don't need to share your screen using Zoom or Go-To-Meeting, it just does it. Another cool thing is, everyone can collaborate in real-time or leave comments.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joan wrote:
    You can put your preview window into full screen mode to present your design in a meeting without sharing it to an external link.

Right now, there are no plans to support functionality like the live-share from InVision.
    ====

I’m marking this as declined.

2. The Artboard width and height has Physical width and height of mobile phones. Shouldn't be the resolution of the phone. While exporting the screens in png and viewing it in phones. The resolution is small. Because the physical size of the phone and resolution of the phone differs. Just a small thought

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for inquiring! Unfortunately, this is not how mobile phone OSes (or developing for mobile OSes) work. Often, these devices have what’s called a virtual pixel or a virtual point. A great explanation of this is in the Apple HIG guideline.

XD actually supports this quite well through its export workflow. You can read more about this here: https://medium.com/thinking-design/protip-exporting-assets-in-adobe-xd-c586996de703

Hope that helps!

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! This placement is intentional, as it combines the icons based on the orientation of the selected objects. You can read more about it here: https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/building-project-comet-designing-the-designers-tool/

感谢您的反馈意见! 该位置是故意的,因为它将基于选定对象的方向的图标组合在一起。 你可以在这里阅读更多关于它的信息:https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/building-project-comet-designing-the-designers-tool/

此消息已经过机器翻译。

4. as UX designer I need a/b testing, more than prototype I need read a heatmap..good possibilty direct integrate from xd to canvasflip. should like sketch to canvasflip.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 古いXDファイルも開けるようにしてほしいです

古いXDファイルも開けるようにしてほしいです。
    新しく追加したskecthファイルなら開けるのですが、あらかじめDLしていたsketchのUIキットなどは開けません。(フォトショは開けました。)

アップデートお待ちしております

I'd like you to be able to open old XD files as well.
    You can open it if you add a newly added skecth file, but you can not open the sketch UI kit etc which you had previously done DL. (I opened the photo shop.)

We are waiting for updates

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ご意見ありがとうございます! 残念ながら、SketchはSketch 43までファイル形式を開かなかったので、古いファイルを開く方法はありません。

このメッセージは機械翻訳されました。

Thank you for your feedback! Unfortunately, Sketch did not open its file format until Sketch 43, so there is no way for us to open older files.

6. Text underline was recently added to Adobe XD. The current implementation adds a space around descenders. This is not how underline looks in Chrome by default.

In order create website designs that accurately reflect how they will look online, it would be great to have a way to show solid underlines that go straight through descenders, as they do in Chrome.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A smart key is missing to return to the previous screen without having to copy and paste many screens

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I love the publish design specs but now when you choose points and pixels for text styles the number stays the same, which is incorrect. Would love to see point to pixel conversions. I always have to look them up to get the sizes right in my style guides. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. With the lack of implementing old school basic features. I wonder why Adobe just don't integrate the Prototype mode into the there existing tools like AI and PS and quit the XD.

We don't need more apps with inconsistencies between them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Adobe XD was created specifically for screen designers in mind, optimizing for their experience. Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign were all created with other use cases in mind – like for print and publication. In addition, as Corey pointed out, starting from scratch gave us the additional benefit of being able to make a highly performant program with the latest technologies.

Elaine

10. Key command to go directly to «Target» dialog box.

I want to be able to launch the interaction pop up after selecting an object with a keyboard shortcut.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Compatible with iPad mini 1st generation, as is Comp, Sketch, Draw, Spark, Preview, Clip, etc...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Would be awesome if the a client could open the link you send them and when it opens it doesn't have the web search bar on top and the navigation bar at the bottom. This way they are seeing the prototype the way you want them to see it. See images.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately it’s not technically possible to remove the navigation header and footer on iOS. However if you add the link to the home screen, then it will appear with the navigations bars (although the status bar will still be shown).

13. HI,
    I wish that Illustrator "Show Import Options" on the import window options tab, could be left always on. It turns off when working with new documents. Cannot find any preferences regarding this.
    Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When the prototype is added to the homescreen on iOS, you should be able to set it so it opens over the top of the OS menu bar.

This is useful because the artboards are created at the size of the device screen, but when you load the prototype, all that does is make the screen slightly too large so it does an annoying little scroll, or knocks the elements off the bottom when they should fit perfectly.

Other web-based services allow this so you'd expect it to be a basic feature when designs are encouraged at the full viewport…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The system here seems to rely only on community involvement to decide which items get put in the backlog.

There are tons of features that your team can create and add value

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me reassure you that our use of UserVoice isn’t a popularity contest. We do look at ideas that only have a small number of votes to evaluate whether or not we want to do things, and of course we hear things from users in person as well as through interviews. Don’t be discouraged if your idea only has one or two upvotes!

I am, however, going to close this idea as not a feature. :)

-Elaine

16. This is just a minor improvement but useful:
    I'd like that, when I duplicate an existing artboard, the new one appears right below the duplicated one in the artboard list (and not at the top every time). Currently its a bit annoying having to always drag it down to either the end of the list or below the one I just duplicated.
    I consider that this is a more common use case and more intuitive than always adding it on the top.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Not really a feature, but the blurred effect over the screen on zoom out control is unnecessary (and not that great to look at).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We currently do this for performance reasons instead of waiting for everything to process before displaying to you. Our proposal is that the performance of XD is more important than displaying everything perfectly rendered at all times. While we would love to have zoom that is both smooth and perfectly rendered, it’s not possible right now without taking up a ton of your memory or making XD super slow when zooming out.

Hope that explains why we do it!

-Elaine

18. I connect the cable to my iPhone and I can't keep my phone standing on my iPhone stand, so I put my iPhone upside down so the cable is on the upper side of my phone, this way I can keep my phone on the stand, but the app doesn't rotate upside down so I have to keep my phone in my hand while designing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a limitation on iOS. For instance, if you open the browser and rotate the phone (from portrait, to landscape, to upside down), it doesn’t flip the contents upside down.

19. If you open a new project and select iPhone 6/7 (375x667 px) and open your prototype from the home screen on your iOS device, you will notice that part of your design will cut at the bottom, because the status bar takes 20px of the top.

The workaround is to manually change your artboard height form 667px to 647px. Then your design will cover 100% of the available height.

In Marvel App there is an option to trim the status bar from the top of your design. Would be good to have this feature in XD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Why there are no possibility to install XD app on regular iphone 5 and older phones? Let's do it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)