Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scrolling to target art-board when prototyping

When in Prototype Mode, sometimes elements are very far away on canvas.

Screen should scroll when trying to connect to Prototype Target.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Override styles in a symbol (allow symbol differences)

Right now, you can override text and bitmaps in a symbol. I'd like to be able to override appearance properties like opacity, fill color, borders, shadows, and font style.

421 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We’re excited to announce that with our May release, we have introduced Components (previously known as symbols). Components are design elements with unmatched flexibility that help you create and maintain repeated elements while varying the instances for different contexts and layouts.

You can create a master component to define a reusable element, such as a button, and you can change any of its properties to customize instances of that element (Size & Layout, Style and Appearance, and Structural overrides). Changes you make to an individual instance are specific to that element, but changes you make to the master propagates to all the instances where the property hasn’t been customized.

Components now could also be responsively resized with the same powerful capabilities of responsive resize baked in.

Finally, you could link components across documents to maintain a single source of your components using the Link Assets feature or simply…

3. Save symbols to be used across multiple projects

Ability to save symbols so that they could be used on any project would be very useful. As of now, symbols added can only be used on that particular project only.

432 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone!

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

To learn more about this feature check out:
    https://letsxd.com/whats-new
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

4. Single link for design specs and prototype

Great to see design specs working! Will add some ideas for it here. The first of them is:

As a designer, I need to send to developers a link with the working prototype and another with the design specs. Would be great if I could share a single link and design specs and prototype worked as tabs on that page.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now available in the latest design specs links published from XD 21.0 onwards.

Now you can share a single design specs link with developers that includes both prototypes interactions and design specs. This saves your developers time as well as enable you to better communicate your design intent.

5. Add screenshots of plugins

I wish there was a preview or screenshots of the plugins. Most of the plugins without a screenshot won't help me download it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Starting in XD’s November 2019 release (XD 24), the plugin listing does feature screenshots.

Every newly added/updated plugin is required to provide at least one screenshot, to ensure you always have this useful info to go on when choosing which plugins to install.

6. Add Search field to Libraries

There needs to be a way to search within libraries.

I have a library that has 750+ icons in a library and no way to search for what I am looking for.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Copy and Paste artboards to new document should retain prototype wires

Consolidation, iteration, etc would be improved by allowing wires to be copied with artboards as they are moved between documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Design Specs for Enterprise customers

I'd love to see a way for for Enterprise customers whose companies have chosen not to permit sharing to be able to take advantage of the Design Specs feature. We need a way to export a local file that shows the specs that we can share on our internal, private networks. Without this, your largest customers are still left drawing design specs by hand.

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We seem to have missed marking this done when it was actually completed! For those enterprise customers who have sharing disabled, you can now work with your CSM to enable local publish. Please note that none of the services will be connected, which means that you will not be able to comment.,

9. Export/Import Saved Assets (Colors, Character Styles, Symbols)

Saved Assets need to be able to quickly copy pasted between multiple .xd files.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All -

We’re excited to announce that with XD May release, you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let us know what…

10. Design Specs, hard to view specs of grouped/layered elements

Hard to view specifications of every element in a group/layer. For developers it seems better not to group anything, so they can view every item and layer (like overlays, highlighted text, etc.). But even then one cannot see all colors of the layers in one element (when you show different states of button, you add a 30% black overlapping layer on top of a color). A solution would be to show all layers, and make them selectable.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Language selection for Gods sake

You should be ashamed guys...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Scale/resize symbols individually

I love the addition of symbols to XD, only let down (beside the ability to re-organise them which is already posted as an idea) is that I have to create a new symbol for every required size.

Please let us scale the symbols

1,702 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

151 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We’re excited to announce that with our May release, we have introduced Components (previously known as symbols). Components are design elements with unmatched flexibility that help you create and maintain repeated elements while varying the instances for different contexts and layouts.

You can create a master component to define a reusable element, such as a button, and you can change any of its properties to customize instances of that element (Size & Layout, Style and Appearance, and Structural overrides). Changes you make to an individual instance are specific to that element, but changes you make to the master propagates to all the instances where the property hasn’t been customized.

Components now could also be responsively resized with the same powerful capabilities of responsive resize baked in.

Finally, you could link components across documents to maintain a single source of your components using the Link Assets feature or simply…

13. Show the layer names on design spec mode

When the developer clicks an element, the layer name is not shown. Today he can only see the type of that layer ("Rectangle", "Text", "Group", etc). If the layer name was shown the designers could append information on that layer like the asset name or the color variable that should be used on that element.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Set Border Radius Value on a Box

When I'm creating a button and want to add 4 px rounded corners to it, instead of guessing what 4px looks and dragging the cursor like I would like to be able to enter that the corners should be 4px in the sidebar near where the height and width are set.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change language

I do appreciate the effort of including new languages (like Portuguese-BR) on Adobe XD. Even though I live in Brazil, I'm used to work with softwares and apps in English.

I would really like to have the option to change the language of Adobe XD, without have to change the language on my OS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Open from your computer

Can we get "Open from your computer" in the mac file menu. It is painful to go have to click twice to open files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Tap/Hover Effect

Need Little bit tapping/hover effect on list/buttons/links during presentation to client. Its give an actual working product feel and help to make decision.

rollover, mouseover

8,944 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1102 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need Plugin like Sketch's Zeplin

Please add any plugin like sketch's zeplin so it will become easier to share your designs and its assets to the developer team.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

XD’s January 2018 update now supports integration with Zeplin (as well as Avocode, ProtoPie, Sympli, and Kite Compositor). Read more at https://theblog.adobe.com/introducing-popular-3rd-party-integrations-adobe-xd/

Zeplin is only supported on Mac right now. If you’re interested in Zeplin support with XD on Windows, please let us know by upvoting https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/33045610-zeplin-integration-on-windows

19. Adobe XD Apple App Store in China

I can't find Adobe XD in App Store of China

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow shared prototypes to be viewed by the receiver on his/her XD mobile app

If i publish a prototype privately and i invite another designer on the team, the designer should be able to view my prototype on his XD mobile app just like it was his

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base