Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. In a design system we need hierarchy and inheritance. At this point XD handles these a really poor way.

Important principles:

Embedded / nested components
    If I embed a component and change it, the change should be the new default, so when I make new instances of the master, the subcomponent should NOT be reset.

States
    If I create a new state, and change the elements / subcomponents, only the property changes I made should be saved in the new state. ALL OTHERS should be exactly as in the master. This should work in the property level, so if the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

We’ve added support for nested components and have improved states and resizing. Feel free to file a new ticket if you’re interested in additional features.

Please note for future reference that UserVoice works best if you have each idea in a separate ticket.

2. Please create the option to download assets as JPGs from design specs. As of right now, there are only options to download as PNG or PDF. JPG seems pretty odd to exclude. Additionally, it would be great if you could have the ability to control your batch export preferences.

199 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I used to cycle intensively and seamlessly between the Design and Prototype tabs with CTRT+TAB. Hundreds of time a day. It was easy, logical, productive.

But now the Share tab came alongside them. While sharing is crucial, it is not designing. Using CTRL+TAB now forces me constantly through the sharing mode, followed by an extra CTRL+TAB. Hundreds of time a day. It is pure repetitive noise for me.

I suggest any of these 2 simple solutions:

1 - Adding a direct shortcut for the tabs (eg: OPTION+1, OPTION+2, OPTION+3);

2 - Removing the Share mode as a tab alongside the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If a component has multiple elements, the triggered hover state of child A seems to remain active until the mouse is removed from the scope of the entire component (its boundary), not just from that child.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. i ve just noticed you removed the preserve scroll position from design. This is a horrible thing for me. Doing that forces me to prototype EVERYTHING.

for example: i have 100 artboards that are unconnected due to time saving ( i dont need to prototype everything ) but moving that button forces me to do it becaus now i cant make a quick preview for my client where he can scroll up and down. Now i will have to connect ALL 100+ boards together.

why? Because when you are EXPORTING for REVIEW or DEVELOPMENT
    only the connected boards are being…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Our team names xd files to link to jira tickets. It'd be very helpful for the cloud to have a folder structure for separating releases into batches.

158 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. As an Adobe Xd user that uses many stack groups, I would like to quickly duplicate individual items within a stack.

See video attached for example:
    1. Outside of stack groups the default behavior of holding ALT/Option key while clicking and dragging an object is to duplicate it.
    2. Holding ALT/Option key on an object within a stack group does nothing.
    3. (Workaround) Copy / Pasting an object within a stack group with Command+C & Command+V duplicates the object in the correct location.

This is 1 of 2 minor bugs I've found with stacks, but I think I'm only finding…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Love the new update with states, versioning and co-editing!!! Awesome!!!

Though there's one thing in the new update that is quite annoying. When working I always tab between between Design and Prototype mode using Ctrl + tab. The new update expects me to Design then prototype and then share. I feel the share screen gets in the way when toggling between design and prototype.

For me my workflow is:
    Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype (and then Share after many iterations)

The new change "forces" me to go to the Share screen after each prototype…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It will be great to add an export option from Adobe XD to flutter

322 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have plugging with salesforce UI elements like Sketch has :D

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
    1. Why don't you extend the language of the software even to Italian? Are we children of a minor Adobe by chance?
    14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. My marketing team and my design team need to align. We would like to have a design management system where we can update our components, colors, fonts, styling, spacing etc.

As the leading design product this should honestly be included anyway!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

You can now publish from XD to a Creative Cloud Library, which can be used across multiple teams. If you’re interested in more specific things that you’d like to have in CC Libraries, please do feel free to file a new ticket.

12. I also tried CTR + SHIFT + ; (since I need to press shift on a swiss german keyboard for ;)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There is one thing that frustrates me every time I work with XD.
    The moment when the height of an element changes and I have to adjust all margins and the height of e.g. cards. And all because the text of a line got shorter.

Figma recently introduced "Auto layout". This allows to define the margins of elements within a "group" and thus complex list/grids that dynamically adapt to the content.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrKX46DzkGQ

It would be great if, after "Content aware layout (padding), the margin could now be addressed.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be great esp. in a larger file to see where my teammate(s) is working. I realize there is presence but the colored stroke is hard to find at times.

Ideas:

• A cursor icon of where they are in the doc (even if they are not selecting an object) or perhaps greyed out while they are working on something.

• The ability to click on their profile icon to be directed to where they are
    This could be great if you are on a call with a designer elsewhere to pinpoint whatever they are working on.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Using stacks in both horizontal and vertical orientations would bring the prototype much closer to to how development works, specially in mobile, providing much more relatable deliverables.

A "spacing" property could also be used in the stack, providing better control over the design.

A toggle between horizontal and vertical is something that would help but is not necessary.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The link to Google Material Design is outdated, and the new page does not include an XD document. Can this be updated please making use of the components and button states and other new features?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need the ability to 'deselect' the home artboard.

Issue: If I create a prototype with links to the home artboard I can share everything linked to home.

If I then need to remove all connectors so none of the pages were linked, but I still want to publish all artboards, it won't allow me to do it. Only the home artboard is selected.

Basically, once you have physically selected the home artboard by clicking the home icon (rather than having XD do it by default when you create your first board) then you're done! Only one screen can be published…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It's great to have the component at last. But now I need to communicate the component name with the developers. for example: the values of a certain text are not interesting - they only need to know its class (is it H1, H2...?)

Swatches already have the name (only on hover, why?) in the specs, so it's obvious you did recognise the need for that.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We need to add multiple ways of moving from one screen to another. Currently the only way to do this is to add the interactions to various elements on the artboard, which makes it difficult to find where those interactions are.

For example, to move from artboard A to artboard B, a user could press Home, Down or say "Artboard A". I can only add one of these interactions to the artboard as a whole at the moment.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)