Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. When creating colors in the Asset panel, it would be nice to use the color picker tool and not have to have the Hex value handy. Not all mock-ups are color sensitive so this would make a nice quality of life addition.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

We’re pleased to announce that the assets panel eyedropper is now available in the November release of Adobe XD. If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you’re looking for improvements on this feature, please do file a new request!

2. In Word or Visual Studio you have the ability to search and replace certain signs or words. Well i'm in a project right now having a lot of different canvases all with some rectangles colored in the same way. If i want to change the color of all of them equally i wish i had a function providing me with that ability.... maybe there is a way to this date.. but i don't know it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently, there aren't any safeguards to ensure that all pages are accounted for and each button directs correctly.

It would be really helpful to be able to specify a button with a target at the outset, so that upon publishing a quick preflight check would ensure that everything is linked correctly and no pages are missing from the site architecture.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The new Spec link is awesome. But my teammates can't read the full artboard name if the artboard's width is short eg. Android or iPhone artboard. A simplily mouse over name would solve this problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'm missing an option to mark and comment on the online (published) preview image. this feature can be very useful in the design and develop meeting when other members of the team comment on the mockup design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would really love in XD to have an option to import artboards from Illustrator. Working in UX with teams who create mockups in Illustrator, it would be a nice option to see a workflow where I can import my artboards so I can then prototype within XD.

Currently, I copy and paste in from Illustrator, which works, but it doesn't retain data sometimes such as drop shadows, which is an issue for some within the team.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the most recent update (Oct 15, 2018), you can now open your Illustrator files in Adobe XD, while retaining artboards, layers, and editability.

7. I want to select all the objects that use a particular asset like a color or font. If my design has gone crazy and I have assets that are close, like 23px and 24px titles that I want to merge it would make that easier. With colors, I may not want to edit the Asset, I may want to change all the corporate red to the corporate blue. It would help with finding fonts in a file too, like in Illustrator.

Similar to:
    Related symbol: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19712428
    Related character style: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/30977113

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want XD to recenter and zoom to an artboard that I select from the artboard list.

Why is this valuable to you?
    I currently spend a lot of energy manually zooming and panning between artboards. What if we simplify and streamline all this activity to just a couple of clicks?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I'd like to be able to use Magic Move which is the function of keynote for screen transition.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Us windows (10) user are really badly stuck for a good prototyping tool. It is awful to see, once again, that windows users of XD are trailing Mac users in terms of functionality!

Sketchapp have ignored Windows users, which IMHO is going to be the eventual cause of their demise as most design/dev teams use a mix of OSs in house.

I looked at Adobe XD last year and again over the past day. Windows users are still being treated as second class users to Mac users.

Please speed up or Windows development! Features of both OSs should be released…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, all-

Apologies for the delay, but we are definitely treating Windows as a first class citizen in the XD ecosystem. With the exception of some UWP platform limitations (specifically: preview recording, USB tethered mobile preview, and some font stuff), we’re at feature alignment and have committed to releasing all new features on Mac and Windows. We’re also investing in bringing some Windows-only features in the future, so stay tuned for that!

I’m marking this feature as closed.

-Elaine

12. 希望Adobe公司可以尽快的支持中文,对于中国的使用者使用英文版软件是比较困难的,希望可以使用中文版的XD,这样会让更多的中国设计人员使用XD进行工作

Machine translation: "I hope that Adobe can support Chinese as soon as possible, for Chinese users to use the English version of the software is more difficult, hope to use the Chinese version of the XD, this will allow more Chinese designers to use XD to work"

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A very important feature missing from AdobeXD is the option to name elements.
    The biggest strenght of AdobeXD is in the SVG output. I can design a website and use the svg assets directly in my project as UI elements. The only problem is that it lacks an option to name elements and symbols and to preserve those names as xml attributes in the exported svg file. Selecting those manually every time is a waste of time. Using names would allow to update assets in projects automatically when you edit those in AdobeXD.
    Please add the option to name elements…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be extremely valuable to have a dimension view or developer view where the size and color code for each element is visible. All text or other distractions would be hidden and the user would have the option to reorganize the auto populated layout of dimensions. This feature would definitely put Adobe XD way ahead of any competitor.

There are more variables to consider, but this is an great idea to build off of.

Cheers!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a "Guideline Mode" in addition to the prototype mode and design mode. This would be a content area of speficications like color schemes, used fonts, symbols and other visuals etc. It would be good to have a basic content template for the most typical things like color palette etc. but make it also possible to add custom content.

This functionality would help to work on the design in teams and to communicate the design fundamentals to customer and developers.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. This suggestion actually is for you guys on this Feature Request Board.

You guys have been so hard at work enabling features and when I search for them I see the bright green text saying the feature has been published. And Elaine does a great job of telling when the feature is available.

The issue is that I don't quite know how to use the new feature or see it's effects. Is there a way to see a quick animated screen grab of the feature so i know how to use the feature you guys have now implemented?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. I think this already existed in macOS version. The idea is you can style (color, fontsize, etc.) a certain word or character in a line for sentence (one text group). This is, for me, one of the most useful features in design.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. To not re-create symbols in a new document.
    Still a good idea to add the ability to insert different text on different screens in one symbol.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I'd like to be able to update my shared prototype from the Windows version of Adobe XD.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now update protototypes using the May version of Adobe XD! To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

20. Please add this we really need this one, give me an option when i exporting an image for android to set name of the image. Because it creates 7-8 files for each image. thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)