Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Basically, just a warning would be fine, when a design trying to open a file that's already opened, just let them know, and eventually let they know who they are would be nice too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1. Please let me use beta version before full version.
    2. Feature update of the full version is too late. Monthly updates are relatively quick compared to other programs, but in the prototype implementation, important menu fixes and keyboard slides are only shown in the seminar, and the updates are actually too late. We expected these features to be updated in the May update. But the actual updates are very disappointing. So I want you to use the beta version before the full version comes out. From -xd-savvy users -
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2. Update to XD CC version today.

I've been using XD for a while now and have been a big fan ...up until today.

Like many others, I've invested a lot of time testing out this product. Also like others, I've done this on real projects in order to put XD to the test; see if it works for my workflow and so on. It was a risk I knowingly took.

However, with such a short trial window for the official release, I feel like Adobe now has me over a barrel. There have been a few critical features missing which…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I saw that you can grouped elements, and then make one change that applies to all. I don't know what are the steps to achieve this? Could you show us how? I couldn't find a tutorial on the Adobe Help page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want to export my designs to Avocode using XD on Windows 10 - just like it works with XD on Mac.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The current position of the 'duration since a comment was written' has confused a few people, due to it's proximity to the 'Reply' link. I've attached a screenshot - see the second comment.

Upon initial glance, it appears that the time since the comment was created actually refers to the reply, rather than the original comment. The line reads "1 reply 3 days ago". In this case, '3 days ago' refers to the time since the initial comment, and is unrelated to the reply action.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve adjusted the way we present comments in the past year. Now, the comment is in the upper right corner of the comment, while the reply button is in the lower left hand corner. Please feel free to file another ticket if you feel like additional improvements need to be made!

6. To comment on a shared prototype link currently, we have to type the comment and then select where on the prototype we'd like to place the comment. This is very counter-intuitive because the comment bar on the bottom right feels disconnected from the prototype.

If I could pick a location first and then type the comment directly next to it, then that will help me remember what I'm commenting about.

Also, it would be great to highlight a comment more prominently when its corresponding icon/number is clicked on the prototype. Right now its a very subtle background change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why did you move the eye dropper tool inside the fill dialogue box? It now takes two clicks to access it instead of the original one click. With a tool that is used so frequently this is not a good thing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I'd love the ability to edit an existing symbol and have it populate to all instances (ie. Navigations, Headers, Footers, etc.)

This would make editing content and global changes SO much easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I have change log set up on confluence and I've been wondering why non of the developers have been clicking on the link to see the spec, but instead have been downloading the XD file instead. And when the fonts failed to load on the file, they often slack me what the font weight is and etc.

And when I refer to them spec link, the first thing they said to me was "they don't have an account". I had to show them they can just click "Sign In" and then hit "Google". And then they were like OOOHHHH..

But…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When writing a comment on a prototype it's really easy to hit "return" and submit the comment. After the fact I actually meant to pin the comment to the artboard. Presently I have to copy the comment, delete it, then paste into a new comment then click "Pin to artboard". It would be nice to have a button in edit mode or next to the edit button where I can pin the comment to the artboard after I've submitted it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Seems like we're missing CC Library support for Illustrator assets. I'm sure you're on it but didn't find another comment on it. I can imagine you were under the gun to show off more library integration for MAX but vector symbols are really where it's going to be at for our team's needs. (That and JPG exporting, but that's been covered).

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. hi, me and my team (UX) would like to have the ability to share the XD presentation online with dev or PMs on view mode - now they need to have an adobe account to view our presentations- so that's a problem :/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. we need to start designing for the new iphone

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re pleased to announce that the iPhone X artboard is now available in the November release of Adobe XD. If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you’re looking for improvements on this feature, please do file a new request!

14. Although I would like to design specs in development, but can not set the scope of disclosure, customers are not allowed to use.
    Can I make an adobe ID invitation system for design specifications?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We released Private Invites (Beta) : Share and track your prototypes and design specs with invited team members or stakeholders, so you control who sees, reviews, and comments on them.

This is available in XD 9.0 onwards

15. When you make a symbol like a button, you draw first a rectangle with attributes like color, size, etc...

then you put a label in order to give him a function like "Validate", etc

So when you put this button inside your artboards the problem becomes that if you want to change the caption of the button you'll have to dissociate the symbol to change the caption.

So the problem is How can I use atomic approach in order to design my system and then if I change the color of the button, the size of it or the caption…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Paste Appearance command should also work on folders. Lets say I have some multilayered flat logo 'A' in 'Folder A' and I want to past the attributes on all layers inside. It will be great. Currently I have to select all layers seperately.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd like to be able to copy one element (i.e: a top navigation bar) to multiple views by copying the element, selecting all relevant views, and pressing cmd + V.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When I decided to change the whole prototype design from one color palette to another. I cannot change the same color of all the shapes together. I need to select same color shapes on each page one by one. This is so slow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Possibility to have a price politics like Sketch, one pay, one shot ?
    i prefer Adobe XD to use
    I prefer Sketch licence to pay
    One licence for 100$,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)