Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. In usability studies we need a way to drop fake hotspots that do not have to be linked, the reason that we need this is so that the user can click around more and hover over things to help the prototype not lead the user into clicking the item that we've enabled.

If we could just drawing a hotspot and linking it on every single page of a flow is not idea and just being able to draw a hotspot and link it to nothing while activating the mouse hand to still go to a pointer will help our studies…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi Everyone,

We added a way for you to turn hotspots off on the web prototypes. You can now add “?hints=off” to your URL and no hotspots will show.

In the future, we’ll add this option to the Share Online dialog, but, for now, you can just add the additional parameter to your URL.

This request also includes some users who want us to turn off hand cursor changes. We did not do this when hotspots are off because we are unsure if this is really what people want. If your use case includes one where you want cursor changes off, please vote on this issue and make a comment:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/19766590-turn-off-cursor-changes-when-hotspots-are-off

Let us understand your use case a bit better. Thanks!

2. I'd love to see the ability to transition between artboards by using the keyboard.

For the UI, I'd place a keyboard icon just below the "set as home" icon. When you click it, you can see a list of current key transitions and a button to add a new one. When you click the new button, you have a box to enter the key to bind and then an arrow to link the artboard the key will transition to.

It would be important to include the ability to link keys such as the arrow keys, space bar, escape key, etc.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. You could just zoom out to select larger areas, but I think this is a usability issue. When zoomed in, in photoshop for example, you can drag a marquee selection off the window and it will scroll to follow the mouse. I would expect a similar action to take place here, as some mobile pages can get very long.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When creating a shareable link you're given the ability to create multiples which are great for iterations. However, the update link function is more confusing. Is it updating the first link I created? The most recently created? Is there a way to update certain links and not others for different department reviews?

I suggest making link management part of the dialogue to allow the user to select which link they're updating.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In recent months, we’ve made some significant changes in this area. First off, we’ve introduced the ability to publish and manage multiple links. Secondly, when you Save As to a new document, you can no longer update links that were applicable in the previous file.

5. When there's an update, I can't open the application at all. I've been on a couple team phone calls now and have wanted to reference wireframe work I've done and haven't been able to do so because I had pending updates.

Update in the background, let me keep working!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I am using French keyboard and Arrange shortcuts do not work, only clicking in the menu does.

European keyboards need the AltGr keys to access alternate characters like [ but that triggers measure mode instead (I think?).

Besides these shortcuts are inconvenient to type on European keyboard layouts.

For instance: Shift+Ctrl+AltGr+[ (Send to back) that's a lot of keys to type and they are far apart on the keyboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You should now be able to use the AZERTY keyboard using the French localized version of Adobe XD, available in the May 2017 release. To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

• Arrange
    • Align
    • Export
    • Add to library ...
    51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

We currently have following right click features:

Copy, Cut, Paste, Delete | Group, Lock | Bring to Front, Bring Forward, Send Backward, Send to Back

and we will be bringing more over time with specific features as we implement them.

Tom (Adobe XD)

7. Change text size with cmd+shift+comma and dot for -1/+1 and cmd+shift+alt+comma and dot for -10/+10 font size like other adobe apps

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Upon selecting multiple objects, have a key combination / tool that enables us to resize the spacing between objects rather than the objects themselves. For example, three aligned, ungrouped, circles, when resized horizontaly would increase the spacing between them, rather than making them eliptical.
    This behaviour already occurs when those objects are text boxes, so I think it would be useful having it for everything else.

For me, this would save time when I need to align or distribute multiple different objects across the artboard ( for example, a set of vector icons ) which don't work with the repeating…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow OPT + DRAG to duplicate artboards

This would allow much faster iteration of page ideas. Duplicating from the layers palette is cumbersome and less intuitive because it forces way too much pointing and clicking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already option-drag to duplicate artboards. However, you’ll need to make sure that you have the artboard itself selected before you option-drag. To select the artboard, you can either click the artboard’s title or double click on the background. Once the artboard is selected, you can Option-Drag and have the entire artboard duplicate. :)

-Elaine

10. And to be able to highlight link with different color. Now I create an 'invisible' hotspot on the wording but it's messy to move around these objects while formatting text. There might be an easier way?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all! We just released an update to Adobe XD where you can now create hyperlinks within your text block. To do this:

1) Select any piece of text in Design Mode.

2) In the "Text" pane of the property inspector, add a URL to the link field.

3) Commit w/ Enter

Your text will get an underline by default, but you can still change the styles. Preview your prototype, and your text should be a hyperlink. Clicking on the link will open a new browser tab with that link.

Thanks for your feedback!

Joan Lafferty

Adobe XD Product Manager

11. XD is a great software to design digital assets with vector graphics and text. It would be perfect if text could be converted into curves when assets are saved as svg files for web.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

Hi Frank, we support this, go to Path → Convert to Path.
    Perhaps we need to make it more obvious.

Tom

12. Can you add the possibility to save my work on your cloud to access it immediately on my iPhone Experience App ?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just released a new update where you can access XD documents stored in Creative Cloud files.

LOAD XD DOCUMENTS FROM CREATIVE CLOUD FILES
    If you place your XD documents in your CC Files folder on desktop, you can now load them from Adobe XD on mobile. Make sure you have your document saved and synced in your CC Files folder on desktop, then open Adobe XD on your mobile device. Tap on the folder icon and choose “XD Document from Creative Cloud”, or if you’re viewing an XD document, long press and tap on “Open XD Document > XD Document from Creative Cloud”. What’s interesting here is that we have a full version of Adobe XD running on the mobile device to open each XD document.

13. It can be very cool if there is way for integration iframe of XD project in Behance project for demonstrating in case.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Having a hotkey to control prototype recordings would clean up cursor activity during the recording. By necessity, the cursor currently has to navigate to and from the top right corner when the video starts and ends, something that detracts from the presentation. A hotkey would remove the need for those extra movements.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Artboards should export at the device's true resolution. iPhone 7 Plus should export at 1242x2208 and not the 414x870. Same with Android's 1080x1920 resolution.

We should at least select the 3 times (3x) option when exporting. Artboards. The PDF option creates too many steps to create a PNG/JPG of an Artboard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would be nice if objects could be temporarily hidden.
    Similar to illustrator.
    cmd+3 hides an object
    cmd+alt+3 unhides an object.

That would make selecting other surrounding objects an easy task.
    It also works nicely if the user wants to focus on a specific area without being distracted by other elements

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, all-

We’ve introduced the ability to hide objects with the Layers panel in our November release. However, we understand that some of you want more advanced control for hiding and showing objects. Given that there are a number of different potential directions we could take this, we’d love to hear your thoughts in new ideas in UserVoice. I’m closing this idea as completed for now.

Thanks,

-Elaine

17. As a designer I hope to use XD as part of my creative suite.
    But product development and prototyping is all about collaboration. In order to have different kinds of people to take part in the process, it would be good to offer separate license options at a fair price for non designers, who only need XD and not a full suite of design tools.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It feels weird not having those shortcuts

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Would be nice to have the option to see where interactive hotspots are when viewing a prototype on the web.

I do think the option to have them hidden is still important for user testing, but client demos would be aided by a hint as to what can be clicked on.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available. When you click on a portion of a shared protototype that is not clickable, you will get hotspot hints. In the future, we will offer the ability to turn off the hotspot hints. For now, they are on all the time.