Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. It would be good to have a separate input field, where users can define exact pixel space between two objects by selecting them.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. An UI kit for iPad, like there is for iPhone today.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I have been using XD a lot and have been publishing prototypes for developers and stakeholders.

I have found that more often than not they are using the bottom page scroll more than using the clickable links inside the prototype.

This is causing confusion when the workflow isn't linear as they are view the prototype as a slideshow instead of an interactive prototype.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. For my team, this would be much better than just a dedicated in-tool comment system for getting feedback as this would make my prototypes more accessible to the whole team and company without the need for me to specifically send the link to select individuals.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to switch between the two type formats. Additionally the ability to auto size area type on resize and to fit content

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. There are many applications where the interface is navigated with input devices like game controllers. It would be great if we could get some support for these.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When using the Text Tool, it would be good if the edges of the automatically created text box snapped to the edges of the text. This would ensure distance between elements is calculated from the text itself, rather than the text box it sits within.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Be able to pick a single (or multiple) artboard to export as pdf. Working with multiple artboards to show simple drop down executions and do not need them all exported together since then I have to go into Acrobat and delete pages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In Illustrator, the direct selection arrow allows me to select an object inside a group without having to select the group. When I have nested groups this can become a laborious process. This should also provide a way to select individual objects contained within different groups.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. This may be small but takes a lot of time up: I switch between seeing the grid and not seeing a lot. In XD I have to click on the artboard name for the grid show/hide shortcut keys work. Would be awesome if these would work anywhere in design mode.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now, you can marque select all the artboards you want, then use Cmd + ’ (apostrophe) to turn grids on and off. Please let us know if it doesn’t cover your needs. Thanks.

11. Ability to use the eyedropper tool to copy existing text styles and ability to click on existing paths to copy stroke, colour etc.

These features are available in Illustrator and would be really helpful in XD too!

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Apologies for the lack of update on this! We now have a new feature that should address this problem: paste appearance. In Design mode, copy any object and then select any number of objects to apply styles to (including text). Then you can execute the paste appearance command (Cmd+Opt+V for Mac, Ctrl+Alt+V for Windows) and apply anything from text styles to border styles.

As always, we’re looking for feedback on what changes you’d like to see in the feature going forward, so try it out for a little while, then file your suggestions here in UserVoice!

If you don’t see your August update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click the gear, and select “Check for App Updates.”

Thanks,

-Elaine

12. I am in China right now and try to preview my design on my iphone, however, it doesn't support to download XD mobile app with my current apple ID.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Janice Yip responded

We’ve just launched XD mobile in the China App Store! Please check it out and let us know what you think!

13. This idea addresses how we can have longer pages beyond the current artboard dimensions without manually resizing.

Artboards could actually be just a viewport. You could double click on a given artboard to open an expanded canvas.

In the crude example I've uploaded below, I can still keep all of my screens aligned as I have been. When I double click on an artboard, the canvas is expanded to show I have much more content on the page. Perhaps the rest are dimmed to emphasise where we are. Think isolated mode in Illustrator.

This would keep the best of the…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is indeed completed. We have a few additional enhancements to this feature that we’ll be adding in an upcoming release including a property inspector addition for scrolling giving you more control over your viewport and an artboard’s ability to scroll.

14. When deleting points from a shape, the endpoints still connect and the object remains a shape rather than being able to become a line. Important, for example, for designing charts and graphs such as donut charts broken into sections.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be nice to have a hand tool (in the try) and keyboard/mouse shortcuts.

Right now when I hit the H key nothing happens, same with middle mouse button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable 'fit to width' and scroll pages when previewing prototypes.

Currently the full screen preview fits the height of the design within your screen, so for long desktop pages, you can't mimic a browser experience.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be nice to have shortcut key for switching between the two windows when open. for example when i have one project open and then i open for some iOS and android UI it opens in new window which is really annoying to switch between the the two window.
    for example in photoshop when i press (cmd+ ~) it switchs between the windows without using mouse click.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I fully transitioned to XD from Sketch, but I need to copy some of my work back into Sketch to share with other people.

When I try to paste, I get an image and the export SVG has missing fonts, images and colors.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. after i've shared a prototype URL then i view it on my phone, is there a way to disable browser UI when viewing the prototype on mobile device? can you tuck away the browser chrome? it is a bit fussy and annoying trying to tap through a native app experience when i keep having to scroll around to get rid of the browser chrome. it feels clunky.

thanks so much! apologies if this is a duplicate, but i can't find similar request anywhere.

-byron

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

If the browser chromes are appearing over your artboard in the mobile browsers, then you can scroll up to dismiss the browser chromes.
    Please try it and let us know your feedback.

Best Regards
    Rizurekh Saha

20. I would very much like to see at least a general API that gives me access to the full object hierarchy in an XD project - artboards, group, layers, elements and their properties - along the lines of the sketch API current specification

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)