Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

95 results found

1. This is the most incomprehensive and needlessly complicated install. Its prone to errors of all sorts. I am installing this for someone at my business. We use Windows 10 2016 LTSB so we are SOL. I can however install it on the surface our Account Manager uses. Windows Installer is running so I cant install it. I disable that service. But wait, now the install file has to be located locally not a network folder (why?). After all this i am finally able to install the software only i did not install it while the other user was logged in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When using the responive resize function on artboards that use a Repeat Grid of images and text, it would be great if there was a button that allowed horizontal repeat grids to become vertical.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. There should be a button on prototype view window where we can just refresh our prototype instead of closing and playing the prototype again. An example of this exists in Protopie prototype window.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In Jira Cloud, we can see the Adobe XD button in the cards, under the "..." button.
    We would like to see it directly there, avoiding the need to click this button to see it. See image.
    Thanks,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Sid has shared more information: Thanks for sharing the feedback on XD plugin. Unfortunately, the experience of enabling the plugin via “…” is governed by Atlassian and not by us. This is due to the new issue view in Jira that launched some time ago. You can read more about it here – confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-..

However, once you have added an XD card from “…” menu, the XD card should always be in a visible state on that Jira issue for all the future visits to that Jira issue.. Hope this helps.

5. Currently, all the symbols are by default link to the source document, once we unlink the symbol it is no longer symbol. It would be great if we are able to unlink the from the source document yet keep it as a common symbol with the same file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Link the font color to a specific color in the asset library so if you change that color it will affect the character style throughout

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adobe has decided to update the software without warning to end-user like myself. Suddenly, all files aren't being able to view by clients on the app any longer. It was a nightmare while I am on vacation and I had to deal with the problem while internet connect is not working as fast as normal. Please in the future if you guys decided to update anything at least make the experience seamless not as troublesome as this time around. Who on earth has the time to sit there to sync all files again and dealing with multiple emails from clients…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. Andrew shared a comment with you a couple of days ago: “Apologies for the frustration that the changed caused for you here – we will continue to look for ways to improve communication when there are changes to existing workflows in the product.”

8. I noticed something in the new XD update. when I record a design that entails a scrollable screen, the scrolling bar on the side still shows up in the screen capture

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please update! I keep getting warnings that the software will not work on the next Mac OS release. I need this program to do my job!!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Deutschsprachige Tutorials und Hilfe wäre eine Sache!

Deutschsprachige Tutorials und Hilfe wäre eine Sache!
    Das ist fast wichtiger wie die Oberfläche von XD.

Mit meinem Schulenglisch komme ich soweit ganz gut rum aber um eine Software mit deutscher Oberfläche" und englischer Hilfe u. Tutorials zu verstehen" die auch noch relativ NEU ist reicht es bei mir nicht aus.

Die englische Fachterminologie für eine Software in deutscher Sprache macht mich fertig:-(

Und lasst diese englischsprachen Newsletter an deutsche User. Bei euren Milliardengewinnen schafft ihr es sicher auch noch ein paar mehr Übersetzer zu bezahlen.

Ihr müsst euch nach den Kunden richten…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Danke für Dein Feedback und den guten Vorschlag hinsichtlich deutschsprachiger Newsletter zu Spezialthemen wie benannt. Letzteren habe ich an das entsprechende Marketingteam in Deutschland weitergegeben – unsere UserVoice Instanz wird ja primär vom XD Produktteam genutzt.

XD Tutorials und die vollständige XD Hilfe ist allerdings bereits seit Jahren verfügbar!

Du gelangst direkt aus XD heraus zu den deutschen Hilfeseiten (vorausgesetzt Du nutzt XD auf Deutsch, was ich hier annehme), schau mal im Menü “Hilfe” unter “Training & Support” nach. Das leitet Dich auf https://helpx.adobe.com/de/support/xd.html, und das ist der vollständige englische Inhalt, auf deutsch.

Deutschsprachige Tutorials findest Du unter https://helpx.adobe.com/de/xd/tutorials.html. Nicht alle Videos sind immer synchronisert, aber sollte das nicht der Fall sein gibt es mindestens deutsche Untertitel.

Hoffe das hilft! Lass uns wissen wenn es noch etwas hinzuzufügen gibt.

11. UX software,

that give me a very first awfull experience just at installation, as it decide to install itself on the clutered C: drive while I have lot of free space on others drive.

p.s.
    and while I am here, seriously, on desktop, why are you giving the advise of using space + LMB to navigate; and not giving the alternate way as it is here: the middle mouse button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already set the install location of all of your Creative Cloud apps through the Creative Cloud desktop application. From the CC Desktop App, click on the Gear > Preferences > Creative Cloud and click on the drop-down underneath “Install Location.” As this is not an XD-specific request, I’m marking this as not a feature request.

Thanks,

-Elaine

12. I use a windows laptop and when I open up the application there is no bar at the top that says things like "file, edit, object, view, window, help"!!!This is a hug problem that needs fixing immediately

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out to us! Our design for Windows 10 follows UWP design guidelines, which removes the top menu bar. All of the file commands that you’re used to are underneath the burger menu in the upper left-hand corner. All of the object commands, however, are in the context menu, which you can find by right clicking on an object or group.

Hope that helps!

Elaine

13. After add a color, I can't delete it. I have tried the right mouse button and remove, for example (just tried as a option).
    I have added a wrong color on my color palette and I want to delete it. How I can do that?!
    Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Is there any chance to change the home screen for exporting prototyps? At the moment there is the reading display only.
    This feature would be vary valuable for me as I added a new start screen during the project.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Guys we all appreciate the great work you are putting into this and we understand you can't work on everything at once, but at the same time, from the users' point of view, it can seem like a risky move to even consider switching moving to XD when there's no knowing which features will be implemented and when.

For example if I had jumped in 6 months ago assuming underline will be supported by now, I would have been wrong.

It would help if you could share at least some rough estimates for what you intend to work on for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We share as much as we can in our monthly blog posts in the Creative Cloud blog, in live streams, and at events like Adobe MAX, but we’re hesitant to publish a public roadmap due to the competitive landscape and the fact that we do pivot quite often to address feedback we get on UserVoice and in person. We totally understand your desire to get a hard list of items we’re working on, but we’re afraid we can’t provide such a list. We do keep UserVoice updated as much as we can, though, so our hope is that you find the information here useful!

-Elaine

16. When creating navigation links in prototype mode, we can choose an existing artboard or 'previous artboard'.
    I'd like to see a third option 'calling artboard'. Let me explain the difference:

In the attached diagram, on the left, a typical 'previous artboard' scenario is shown. Going from A, B or C to X and then on X clicking some back button will bring you back to A, B or C. No problem there.

But the second scenario (right) is trickier: we go from A to X, at that point, A wil be the 'previous artboard'. We then roundtrip from X to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Lightroom integrates nicely with the book layout module particularly for Blurb products. The immediate suggestion is to add Blurb's Magazine size 8.5x11 to the canvas choices. Idealy allowing a custom sizing feature would cover a lot of opportunities.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When setting text, an arbitrary number is shown for the size (and all other attributes), with no unit — I am assuming this size is in points, but I can't be sure. While I can just size visually, it would be nice if the units were displayed and could be specified. That way, I can use sizes I know work without guess-and-checking in a life size preview.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Here are heaps of feedback & requests for powerfulness... However, I strongly believe that the most remarkable advantage of AdobeXD is its "simplicity", and I really love it. I really hope you keep it simple.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! We’re definitely looking to maintain the simplicity of the product as we grow as an ecosystem. In all of our new features, we hope you’ll see the value of simplicity and clean design in each feature’s design.

I’m closing this as not a feature request, as keeping things simple is a value we intend to pursue and not necessarily a specific request. :)

Thanks,

-Elaine

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)