Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. save for web feature like photoshop for exporting assets

When I export assets from xd, it generally takes more space. And I can't directly import files from xd to photoshop, so first I have to import into illustrator and then to photoshop and then I can use save for web to optimize my assets.
    So please incorporate a feature so that I can directly export assets from xd with compression.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The artboard can be enlarged or reduced.

when i use share mode to share my uiflow, artboard is too large.
    user can't see detail or their screen is too small.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Modify the export scale

We work sometimes on different resolution. And one design can be used for a lot of product. As AdobeXD are built with Design System in mind, it could be great to have the ability to modify the scale of an element when we want to export it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you tell us a little more about what you’re looking for? We currently support multiple screen sizes when you export, either for local asset export or for sharing when you publish a design spec (e.g. 1x 2x 3x for iOS, 1x and 2x for web, etc.)

4. Keyboard prtotype shortcut triggers

An extra feature for the keyboard triggers to be able to facilitate shortcut mode as well.

The feature would be able to set up 2-3 buttons as a trigger to show a new overlay or artboard. (example: Command+K, Command+Space bar or Command+Shift+E).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I just reviewed, and it looks like we support combination keyboard shortcuts already. There are some that the operating system will eat, though, so you might not be able to assign all of them. Are there specific keyboard shortcuts you can’t set?

5. Open XD-File in Photoshop for further advanced work

When designing a banner for a youtube channel or facebook-site with cover image … I'd like to export my images in the right size, but the export from XD to JPG/PNG is poor (color-mistakes no attachment of color profiles) OR if Iäd like to make advanced work (filters/masks etc.) I don't like to rebuild my design in Photoshop. An export from XD to Photoshop 8with all layers) would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Delete non used component

Sometimes I no longer use a component I have made, but it continues to show in my components list making it so long.
    It would be great if we have an option to exclude these non used components. Or, maybe a tag / icon showing it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. add shadow to components

When I have a component I would like to be able to add a shadow to the component. Currently there is only fill and border available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sherif has a response for you: Alan,

Today in XD, you could select any layer inside the component and add a shadow to it, and it render outside the component bounding box. Does that solve your use case? if not, could you please add more detail into what you’re trying to achieve.

9. Alexa Preview plugin + Adobe XD skill

Due to 7-22-2019 news regarding XD and alexa...

I have download Plugin Alexa preview for Adobe XD, however, skill Adobe XD at alexa app does not exist! When will it be available?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Auto-animate in overlay

I'd like to see auto-animate enabled in an overlay, for example in a prototype on an art board a user selects an element which reveals an overlay, and in the overlay a user can drag an element such as a panning navigation. Doable?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support native anchors

When shared on the web, links do not support browser features like:
    - Open in new tab
    - Mousewheel click to open in new tab
    - Copy link address
    - etc

Links in general should support browser features you would expect to work on links.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create character style sets

It would be great to be able to create character style sets that can be used in e.g. UI kits and Design Specs for developers

Styleset for Desktop, Tablet and Mobile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Low-fidelity Wireframe kits and components...

Need to have components, objects, UI kits, etc written to support, Low-Fedelity wireframes. Reason for this is their the only ones that work well with Design lead workshops and ideation workshops.
    This because the users don't get distracted and overwhelmed by details like in the high fidelity mode.

Currently use balsamiq for this, but XD should be a better alternative with this feature request implemented.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Design Quality

I think the design quality in PS is more crisp in compare to XD can you do something for it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Alexa Preview plugin - screen dimension selection

ADOBE XD v 21.2.12.3 does not preview to "Amazon Echo Show 5" properly. I keep getting black bars on either side of my layouts regardless of what size I set up my artboards. The internet says the Show 5 screen dimensions are 960x480, but XD won't do that. Any workarounds?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The latest update GRID VIEW is so bad in UX

66 total screens, there is no sorting function and those image-card was too small. VERY BAD ONE, every time i return from card detail the search keyword was gone, and i have to search it again

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A way to pause animations in feedback view

Currently, if you have an animation happening across two artboards that just cycling between each other, it makes it difficult for a reviewer to leave comments. The only way to pause an animation is to click into the area where you can leave a comment. If there are already comments on that slide it can be a carnival game trying to click into that area. See attached gif. It would be nice to have a way for them to pause during review stages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow border or fill color to be focused so I can use saved colors from components to apply to fill OR border

Similar to the 'Color' tool panel from AI.

This can/should also incorporate other features like seeing the hex or color build information of the fill or outline without having to click into a secondary panel.

Tie in key commands like 'x' for swapping the focus from outline to fill, 'd' for resetting to base black/white, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show full list of features in on Windows 10 Hamburger Menu

It is a serious pain when there is no View/Object/Edit/… menu on Windows 10.
    I know that there is not top menu in UWP design principles, but it means that menu will be present as hamburger menu, does NOT mean that there aren’t necessary feature in menu.
    There are too many features which become inaccessible on Windows 10 (as screenshot). Missing these menu items make Adobe XD on Windows 10 look no functionally at all because of missing many basic necessary features.

It is not acceptable that user is forced to remember all shortcut keys from Mac then translate to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m going to leave this open, but everything from the Object menu is actually surfaced in the context menu (right click on an object or a selection of objects). You can find out all of the shortcuts there as well. The hamburger menu is really there on anything that is document-level (as was defined by Microsoft). We’re reevaluating what this looks like in future versions of XD, but I wanted to give you a heads up that you can find these shortcuts on the canvas itself.

20. Adopt a more 'elegant' style for scrollbars on Mac

Plugins, Layers and Assets panel at its minum width is a very narrow column on Mac. I think scrollbars are too large, also for XD's properties panel.
    It would be great having narrower scrollbars, as thin as in Windows or in the font menu, even better with a show/hide effect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base