Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

70 results found

1. I have made a design in adobe xd for alexa, and I would like to be able to pass it to create a skill of alexa amazon, how can i do it? Do you have a tutorial that explains it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I use iOS 10.11 but if I want install XD on my Mac I show this:
    Sorry XD won’t run on your OS. To continue you’ll have to upgrade. See system requirements

Why Adobe programmers cheating me? I can't upgrade my iOS to new version, because it can't work stable for me & I don't like do that! But Adobe programmers think that's cool idea - force users to install some updates.

This is sucks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It seems that voice triggered actions are not supported in embed mode. Is it by design? If yes, why? Can you fix it any soon?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Message from Mark, the PM: Voice triggers are not supported within embedded prototypes. This is due to most browsers not allowing iframes to have access to the microphone for security reasons.

We are currently working on better messaging around this browser restriction, sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

4. would it be possible to add OS X El Captain support because some macs couldn't run on sierra or more can run Adobe XD CC without any problems (e.g.: Macbook Pro 2008 Intel dual core 2.5ghz 4GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 512 MB ).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB, Version 1607, Build 14393.2189.

I was able to work in Adobe XD before 24 May 2018 updates. The latest updates of 24 May 2018 are not compatible with Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB, Version 1607, Build 14393.2189.

Now, when my customer gives me XD files made in latest Adobe XD, I cannot open the file. Adobe CC tells me to update my OS to: Windows 10 Creators Update (64-bit) Version 1703 (build 10.0.15063). But my employer does not allow installation of a NON-Enterprise version of Windows 10.

Please immediately provide latest Adobe XD…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. XD is not compatible with our OS, Windows 10, Version 1607, OS Build 14393.2608. Changing our OS will cost us a lot of time per employee and we are begging you to make XD compatible with our (very standard) OS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your request! We changed the minimum version to take advantage of critical bug fixes in the operating system. Furthermore, Windows 10 version 1607 reached the end of the support this year. We’re not expecting to backport to this previous version.

7. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are following Microsoft UWP design guidelines, which removes the top menu bar in order to be more touch-friendly. All of the options are available in the UI in the hamburger menu on the left, in the property inspector, as well as contextually using the context menu (right click).

Hope that helps,

-Elaine

8. This feature is only available to paid Adobe CC users.
    I have been a paid Adobe user for over 12 years yet I can't have a client edit a comment that they made on their prototype.

What if my client changes their mind on the comment they made and wants something different? They have to pay Adobe?

I really think this is ridiculous... I am trying really hard to stick with Adobe but with things like this tripping up my ability to provide a good service to my customers, wasting both my time and theirs... I am forced to look…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Adobe IDs are free to sign up for, and one does not need a paid account to comment on a shared XD prototype. If your client does not wish to create an Adobe ID it is also possible to sign in to comment with a Google or Facebook account.

Hopefully this helps!

9. It's not possible to open in full screen AND allow comments, but both options can be selected.

Seems like if you check "open in fullscreen" that the "allow comments" option should be unchecked and greyed out. May be worth switching the order too so that the as you go down the list, a later choice doesn't affect an earlier choice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We never lock you into full screen when you launch the shared prototype, which means that you (or your client) can press Esc to exit back into the main viewer. From there, you can still add comments, so we don’t disable comments when you enable full screen view.

10. Bring support for viewing prototype in Windows 10 Mobile with Adobe XD Mobile like for IOS and Android

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. We look forward to a version for windows 8.1 be released

Thanks in advance

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. While I appreciate what is happening with the development of XD - MOST of the design features being requested already exist in Indesign - Surely the Techs can modify Indesign so that it behaves like XD is meant to. It will be far easier to shift thousands of Indesign learned users to an 'Indesign XD' forat than to try and learn a new application that so far doesn't even come close to the abilities of Indesign. Does adobe have a clear idea who they're designing this for? Because as far as Im concerned this is the future of what a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We’re designing XD for screen designers, and leveraging a tool like InDesign (while an excellent tool), is kind of like cutting an orange with a katana – they’re different tools for different purposes. While there are things in InDesign that make perfect sense for print, they don’t make sense for screen design, and we wanted to build a new tool to meet the specific needs of those designers.

You’re more than welcome to hit up the InDesign forums and suggest they add prototyping features to the product, but I think they’d have the same perspective: different users, different products.

-Elaine

13. Allow adobe comp app the capability to export to experience design. Also allow users to select a new project or add to an existing one. This would allow users to create on the go.

460 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be so useful to layout your designs in XD and then to export them straight to muse in the .muse format to refine or to be able to open an XD widget in Muse to prototype your iPhone layout, for example.

284 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Is it possible to release a version for Windows 7/8 user?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Brackets Code Editor has good integration with PSD Files, which allows it to grab layers, colors, font details and spacing info. More on that here (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/extract-for-brackets.html)
    I wonder whether you can work on features that allow Adobe Extract to grab data(images, font names, sizing info etc) from XD and transfer for Brackets, the same way it happens to PSD ?

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest in this feature! We recently announced on adobe.io that Brackets will no longer be supported by Adobe as of later this year. As a result, I’m closing this ticket as something we won’t be doing.

17. Could you please add older version iOS preview app for iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.why we can only preview new device version, a lot of people's used older devices. We need it to preview on older devices

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want you to continue on the path of leaving layers out of XD. Layers are NOT needed. You've already proved they have no solid use cases in UX design to me and everyone I work with. We've totally adopted your product into our workflow already and layers would add unnecessary complication to the workflow. Keep it simple! Great work by the way!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Based on a long research, we are building Layers to support some use cases, such as symbols, exporting and organizing complex compositions. We will do this via a concept called Local Layers. If you don’t want them at all, you will be able to hide the layers panel and they won’t bother you. Thanks for the sincere feedback.

19. It'd be great to have a shortcut built in for the Apple UI kit! Food for thought!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Now all my color sets I've made in the system color picker for using in many other different apps are unavailable in Adobe XD. That was not very good idea. Additional little button to call the system color picker within the standard color picker panel would be appreciated.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)