Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Apparently the only way to stop other accessing your links is to delete them. However, there should be an option to just block the link so that all those people who have access will not be able to view it.

Deleting the link, deletes all the comments that were made. And hence the option of only blocking people from viewing will be helpful.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

You can actually change the type of the link and remove all users without affecting your comments. If you go to the property inspector of Share mode and “update link” with “only invited people” checked, you will not delete the comments. You can learn more about this in the blog post below:

https://theblog.adobe.com/xd-june-2020-scroll-groups-stacks-more/#:~:text=June%202020%20Release%20of%20Adobe,Stacks%2C%20Scroll%20Groups%2C%20and%20More&text=Today%20we're%20launching%20the,design%2C%20prototype%2C%20and%20collaborate.

2. There has been a recent change to the share for Dev view. We relied on that view to express flows. Now it is in a grid similar to Zeplin. I get the change, but not the removal. It would be great to be able to switch between the two. This way individual assets are still quickly accessed and the flow can also be expressed. Our devs were looking at the linking and able to view the overall flow. This was determined to be extremely helpful.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be beneficial for us to sort the Components list by name (Alphabetically). Reason being, when we attach the Cloud doc to a new project file, components seem to be in a random order. If we could re-sort the list alphabetically on each file, it would make organization of large counts of components much easier.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If I would like to rename the components it is only possible in list view: Why?
    And If I rename the element title starts with an empty field. This was different before. So I have to type hex values from scratch. Thats annoying...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I've used this functionality with Zeplin, and it's considerably useful for a Developer to know if that element should integrate it as a reusable component or just as a specific element of a page (and also know where it comes from and on which pages it's currently being used)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I request that component states could be controlled by keys and gamepad, not only tap. Today you can control the component states by using tap, but not with keys and gamepad. This is not good if you are prototyping for console games.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hello Sir(s),

Greetings...!! I am using Adobe XD Since last few years back.

Is it possible to save file offline? Like each time I have to download file from cloud server. Please advice.

It will be great if we directly save file to local drive. Like photoshop and illustrator.

Thanks,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Something is wrong with text fields "auto height" during animate (ex. from one artboard to another). During animate text fields changing Y position ("jumping" up and down). It is only after "Share prototype in web. In preview in Adobe XD is correct.
    Please check attached file, share it, and check in webbrowser.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Give us the ability to re-size master components after we create them. Currently if you add/change anything outside of the master component initial size, it gets masked off with no way to resize the master (and then all the instances) of the component.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi XD Community -

Thanks for your feedback!

With XD’s August release, you could resize/move/add/remove objects inside a component, and the component bounds will automatically adjust to fit those objects.

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

-Sherif

10. Component states allows for fewer screens and I use them all the time. However it would be amazing if I could change the state with voice commands for use in voice controlled and AR apps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ive tried the new features its cool. But Horizontal Scroll doesnt work on windows where you in preview mode. However, when generate links, it works well browing using the links

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The iPhone 12 Pro max is out for months and the resolution of this device is different from other devices, so need a template for iPhone 12 Pro Max.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  13. Just we have an index of all artboards in Design Mode, we need similar Indexing for Web links - just to show a list of Artboards.

This will be a huge help to developers who are navigating through hundreds of artboards to find their required design.

Current Solution:
    1. Name artboard appropriately and Use an In-built search to search the exact keyword to find it.

1. Send a direct link of that artboard to the developer - which gets really hectic when more than 100+ screens are included.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! This is already supported – you can see an overview of all of your artboards through the overview list button in the upper left of the prototype viewer. (I’ve attached a GIF for you.) Please note that you can send a direct link of an artboard by navigating to it and copying the URL from your browser. That link will open it directly to the artboard. Hope that helps!

14. please add clear recent files ~ my recent files are so messy now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. There’s already a way to do this – open a document, select the hamburger menu in the upper left, select “Open Recent,” and then select “Clear Menu” from the bottom of that drop-down. Your Recents should then be clear. Hope that helps!

15. Please Add Dribble as a Plugin, So we can share ideas, give feedback, and get inspiration all in one place! (:

Thank You Adobe Team!

• Danny Thomas
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  17. All the icon svg paths in the polaris icon system won't open in XD. It seems to be valid svg and renders in the browser just fine. It also won't open in Illustrator.
    https://polaris-icons.shopify.com/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Trying out the new coediting feature in November 2019 update. It's good and convenient. However, i currently encounter document crashing as it is unable to reconnect.

Having previous version is helpful as it backs up my working file and enabling me to download it. But I would still like it to be saved into the same document instead of forcing me to close. The current cloud doc is considered as a corrupted file. It is troublesome as I need to recreate a new cloud file for other partners once again. Viewer/reviewers also cannot use back the same link to view…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Senario:
    We create a button with a rectangle fill and generic text and turn it into a master component called "button". We then place an instance of that button into a master "footer" component and override the generic text of the button to be specific to the footer. If I now copy/paste the footer component it keeps the override text. If I opt+drag to copy the footer it keeps the override text. BUT if I drag the component out from the component menu all nested components revert back to the text from their masters.

Expected result:
    Everything in a master…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)