Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Overlay States

I would like the ability to move an overlay through it's own transitions without impacting the underlying area.

For example, let's say you have a button that says Help.
    Click Help
    Overlay slides in with message box, asks a question.
    User clicks Yes. Msgbox transitions to a new box, but underlying background (not part of the transition) remains.

I have a problem like this where I have a drawer a user can expand over the contents to activate slides and switches. Problem is, once you start trying to use that toolbox, the background is lost.

Overlays seem to only be…

228 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

26 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We introduced the concept of component states, which can be used with overlays to enable the type of interaction you’re looking for. Definitely check it out on letsxd.com, and please feel free to file a separate ticket if you still need overlay states with the new functionality.

2. Zeplin integration on Windows

I want to export my designs to Zeplin using XD on Windows 10 - just like it works with XD on Mac.

481 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

139 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change default save location to local file system

XD insists on saving my documents to Cloud Documents by default all the time. I haven't made such a decision and there's' no way of changing the default. I wanna save to "Your Computer" all the time. I really miss a "Remember this choice" option. Please stop making decisions on my behalf Adobe.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable swiping on mobile prototype

Please provide an option to disable swiping between artboards during the Live Preview on the Adobe XD iOS app. I want testers on the mobile app to only be able to navigate using the interactions I've authored. Them being able to swipe at any time prevents me from getting a valid test out of them.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 894 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  72 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Components use Responsive Resize, even when disabled.

I need to expand the bounds of a component while retaining the size of the content. This is helpful when changing the position of button prompts from inside to outside of the modal space.

When I try to resize the component it resizes the content inside, even when Responsive Resize is disabled.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring the Clear Recents menu item back

Thought that the ability to clear the recent list used to be available but not seeing it anymore in the File > Open Recent menu. If it's gone—please bring it back.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Download XD files from assets.adobe.com

enable the download of xd files direct from adobe cloud.

today you only have the option to delete

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Linked Character Styles and Colors across documents

I really liked the new October 2018 update where you have Linked Symbols across multiple files, especially when you made a source file.

I would like to also have this ability for character styles as I have many websites that all need to share the same UI style guide. I often change my mind about the font size, colour, line spacing and etc.

If I had this, then making a source file that links with multiple design files will make life so much easier to manage. Without having to go to each file and update...

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone!

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

10. Extract / Export CSS for development feature

Nothing more complected simply add Extract css from design as given in illustrator its very important other wise now day's it's simple to design in XD and very difficult to Develop application from xd assets because of no css export option in it, Please include this.

693 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

83 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the August 2019 release, we’ve enabled the ability for developers to copy css attributes from design specs links.

Thanks for the support and keep the feedback coming on how we can further deliver more value through such code snippets in XD

11. Allow editing shared specs links' titles - use case for derivative files.

If I make derivative files from a file that was already shared as a specs link all derivatives will have the same title on the shared specs screen.

Confusing to devs and clients and a common use case when working on products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Quicker navigation to plugins pane on Windows

Accessing plugins on Windows is a minimum of 3 clicks (usually 4 since most plugins have their own sub-menu). This is very tiresome with the workflow of most plugins, which require you to rerun them anytime you want to try a different feature or change something. Mac users have a native top navigation bar, so plugins are only 1-2 clicks away for them, which is an improvement but still pretty annoying with some plugins.

The current Windows workflow for interacting with a plugin is this:
    Hamburger Menu>Plugins>"Plugin">"Plugin Option"

There are several ways this could be improved for Windows users (and…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Expand text to outlines

Because text does not resize the same way objects do, it would be nice to have the option to expand text to outlines the same way Illustrator does. This would turn text into shapes and allow for resizing/shaping.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to publish all screens even without prototyping

If I started prototyping and publish design specs without the prototype linking all the screens the design spec shows only the screens that are linked in the prototype. The specs link doesn't get updated even if I remove all the links.

371 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ProtoPie integration on Windows

I want to export my designs to ProtoPie using XD on Windows 10 - just like it works with XD on Mac.

268 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Curated list of plug-ins

It's frustrating to try to get plugins to work. Many have little to no support or even a guide on how to use them. A curated list of plug ins that work for most users would be helpful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Keyboard prtotype shortcut triggers

An extra feature for the keyboard triggers to be able to facilitate shortcut mode as well.

The feature would be able to set up 2-3 buttons as a trigger to show a new overlay or artboard. (example: Command+K, Command+Space bar or Command+Shift+E).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Invite user groups to private links

I have a lot of stakeholders that need access to any given prototype. I'd like to be able to invite a user group to a private prototype so I don't have to manage individual users on a single link.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Save as dialog confusion

After update this dialog box confuses and I find its very complicated. Please use system UI instead of this new one. Because I rename the file and when I hit enter it saves in last location without asking me.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More supported languages on Voice-Based Prototypes

Please provide more supported languages on Voice-Based Prototypes. I think that this is a fantastic feature.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base