Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Is there a way to reduce the size of the palettes? or temporarily hide them when showing file?

Is there a way to reduce the size of the palettes? or hide them when showing file?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. shadows, shadows, shadows, shadows

There are already a few requests about fundamental shadow implementation but seem to have gotten no attention. Without these in place it will be difficult to design today's interfaces in XD.

First: Shadow spread - positive and negative.

Second: Multiple Shadows on one object.

Third: Shadow is clipped by object - so that if the object has transparency the shadow isn't showing through it.

These are basic shadow capabilities on every other program and used daily by interface designers.

Negative spread is key. It will allow us to create these (see attachment) types of shadows without workarounds and is supported…

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show Value To Define Border-Radius for Rounded Rectangle

It would be great for developers to know Border-Radius for a rounded rectangle.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. simple photo gallery feature

Please can we have a simple way to create a photo gallery where clicking a thumbnail makes that image the Hero image at the top (a bit like a Light Table).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Which size XP-Pen Artist drawing tablet should I buy?

I have a fifteen inch XP-Pen Artist 15.6 ( I buy it from https://www.amazon.co.uk/Artist15-6-1920x1080-Graphics-Drawing-Battery-free/dp/B0785682VP ). I want to use it for drawing (love to draw people, nature, animals and sometimes abstract), graphic design and editing photos. I do want to have accuracy. I've read that small would be good because it all depends on the screen size in comparison to the actual tablet, but I've also read that you can get more accuracy with a slightly larger tablet. such as XP-Pen Artist22E ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Artist22E-Graphic-Interactive-Shortcut-Adjustable/dp/B01M28DHOA )I don't mind moving my hand a bit for accuracy. I've called best buy and all…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Link back to second last artboard (and third last, etc)

Now when tapping on a back button twice in succession you're stuck in a loop. This needs to be solved smarter so that you can go back multiple steps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Drag and drop layers inside the mask group.

Please provide an option to move layers inside the mask group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Save Notifications

Please integrate some kind of visible save notification. The beta version took several seconds to save my 50MB file, but the latest release appears to do this instantly, but I don't really think that the process has sped up that much. I find myself clicking several times on the save button just to be save that my work was actually saved.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Generate photo images in shape

You could get a tool to generate images into the shapes

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Rulers and Guides

I dont see where i can draw a guid to make sure items are pixel perfectly aligned.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Creative Cloud Files Preview

Currently, the only way to get a prototype on a device is to have the file located in a creative cloud folder... which total bonk.

I dont WANT to use that service, I have 2 other cloud storage services already, and i hate both of them. I want to be able to store files locally on the device and be able to delete them. I also want to be able to sync (upload/refresh) a file from anywhere on my machine, which means I need to map to it from the app.

Rather than change or duplicate my current workflow to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Master of text: padding styles, margin styles, paragraph styles, character styles.

Padding style: can be applied to a shape. Then using text tool click the shape and type. The padding is maintained on resizing the object (unless the value is changed in the padding style).

Margin style: works like the space before, left, right or after in InDesign. Can be applied to any object or text block.

Paragraph styles and Character styles (useful for links) work in the same way as Indesign (perhaps using web terminology, % values, rems).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! Just in general, UserVoice works best when you only add one idea per submission. Some of the ideas you’ve suggested are already in the database, and only need to be upvoted.

Hope that helps!

Elaine

14. Windows version to be on par with Mac version

It would be great if the Widows version was on par with the Mac version instead of half a year behind.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently focused on bringing Windows to alignment with Mac and will be moving forward with new innovations afterward. Please do feel free to upvote for specific features you feel are missing so that we can contact you when they’re available!

Thanks,

-Elaine

15. Copy paste using alt+shift

Hey guys what happened to this function. Every time I use the shift + alt combo to copy paste an item, the item moves. It doesn't duplicate anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. XD Feedback: hard to select and group/ungroup and scroll

Here is my feedback from using XD for a day.

1. You can't really figure out how to do anything without reading the tutorial. The main issue is scrolling. Needs to be more intuitive. I nknow scroll bars aren't in vogue, but that would make it possible for people to scroll. Using a large screen external monitor and mouse, you don't have touch and the touchpad isn't as convenient.

2. Selecting elements of compound objects is REALLY HARD. You can either click about 100 times until you get it, or zoom way in, click a smaller number of times, and then scroll…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when each feature request is split up into a separate feedback session, so that others can upvote. We appreciate the confusion, and hope you found that:

1. Mousewheel support for scrolling exists, similar to our other tools
    2. Ctrl+Click will direct select objects inside groups
    3. Group and ungroup are accessible in the context menu (right click)

Thanks,

-Elaine

17. Change green checkmark to another icon when the prototype falls out of date

Confusing: Sharing popup shows green checkmark even when shared prototype is out of date
    Loving the product folks, just a quick suggestion. Not really a bug.. more of a UX issue. I was a little thrown off when my prototype wasn’t updating even though the green check (up to date?) was there. The copy with ‘share again’ feels wrong to me when you can share again OR update the app.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m not marking this as completed, because we’ve gone through a number of iterations on the popup (now Share Mode), which removed the green checkmark. Given that the product has shifted so much, I’m marking this as inactive.

18. Text features: Bullets & Numbering, Indenting, Headings

Text fields should be able to show the basic semantic categories that HTML offers: paragraphs, unordered lists/bullets, ordered lists/numbers, indentations, headings of various levels. These should be able to be controlled via styles. Otherwise, it's challenging to use XD to design any text-heavy web page or app.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Right-click > "Pick Layer" - list just the objects/layers under mouse position

In Sketch, you can right-click any area of an artboard and select any of the layers that are under the cursor. This is immensely helpful in selecting layers covered by other layers (eg, rectangles covered by text). And in the absence of a layers panel, it is the only way (that I know of). In any case, it's the most convenient way to do so.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m marking this as inactive for the following reasons:

• This was originally filed when XD had no layers panel, and it now has one
    • We also recently introduced a change to the Cmd+Click / Ctrl+Click behavior that would cycle through the layers visually as you selected on the canvas

Given these two things, I’m closing this one as no longer applicable. Feel free to file additional feature requests in this area if you still feel like XD is missing something!

20. Lists and Tables

What I am missing while designing for the web with PS or AI is, the possibility to create lists (ordered or unordered) or tables or other stuff, that is possible with html/css.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base