Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Add parallax and other effects for masked areas

606 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. This is not the same as exporting an entire artboard as HTML/CSS. Often when transforming design into HTML/CSS it can be handy to extract style information, piece by piece, from a design. Thus from a selection, rather than en entire artboard (though that would be cool as well). Beling able te extract style information as CSS from a selection (e.g. a selected text frame) and copy paste it into whatever code editor of choice would make XD such a powerful tool.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. There should be an option for 'Edit Original' in a right-click menu.

For example, an image in the document should be able to launch Photoshop by clicking 'Edit Original'.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Faster syncing of pc/mac work in xd to mobilr

Takes way too long for existing and new xd files to show up in creative cloud to see on iOS.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently we can set links to any specific artboard. This is very helpful. I use it for creating a button on every slide that will take me to a contents artboard, where I can link to different flows.
    The problem in this setup is that, when in prototype mode, there are a lot of links drawn between the artboards, as each artboard is linked to the contents artboard (see attchment).
    I find this can be easily alleviated if I could link the buttons to the 'home artboard', and so it could spare having to draw the links to that artboard.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When you edit a symbol inline, it would be really useful if everything else dulled out or something, so that it was cleat that that is what your doing – think isolation mode in illustrator

I just confused the hell out of myself by repositioning the contents of a symbol, rather than the symbol itself, then at some point later seeing all my other artboards with random positioned stuff. And then when trying to fix (without realising what had happened), I managed to edit the symbol again : /

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. hi,

Xd allows to us to make some basic symbols, it would be very usefull to be able to export those symbols individually out of XD.
    It would speed up my process from designing website to putting img in html.

[clarified after responses]

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In photoshop, when you're editing text, hitting the enter' key found in the numerical portion of a keyboard then exits the 'text edit' mode, not create a new line. The normal 'enter' key should be for that.

Similarly, when changing any values such as text size, style etc in the right panel, pressing the 'numerical enter' key first accepts the value changes, and pressing it again should then exit the 'text edit' mode.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add an option to turn on line spacing snap for text boxes. This would make it easier to have consistent padding above/under text boxes no matter how many lines of text are in it.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I often use the angle values to rotate my gradients—most often from 0 to 90 (to switch between vertical gradients to horizontal ones). I know this can be accomplished by dragging the on-canvas gradient editor segment, but it slows down my workflow trying to get the end points to align on the x or y axis perfectly. Even if you could hold shift while moving the end points so it snaps to the 45, 90, etc. angles, that would be a huge help.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great to simply import psd files into XD through either 'file // import PSD', or, in photoshop, 'file // export to XD', without having to rework the files.

An example for this would be a user that is designing an app in photoshop and has around 15 artboards. It would be great if the user could simply import each artboard into XD to create a wireframe to show a client / colleague, whilst also continue to make amends to the artboards in photoshop.

This could involve having some kind of Dynamic link between Photoshop and XD, so…

519 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Currently, for scrolling artboards there is a fixed-position dotted line that defines the height of the viewport in the interactive preview.

For desktop web sized artboards, I'd like the position of the dotted line to automatically adjust dynamically so the prototype fills the full height of the user's screen. For example, on a laptop screen the scrollable viewport might be 960px tall and when the same prototype is viewed on a desktop monitor the viewport might be 1200px tall.

211 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Artboard export to pdf is currently top left to bottom right. When linking to the PDF from InDesign this may mess up the links if artboards are rearranged or added later.

An option to change this behavior to be closer to Illustrator would fix this issue. I.e. export in order of creation.

Unless there is another way to reference XD files from within InDesign?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Making more complex vector drawings is difficult without a tool like the scissor tool from Illustrator.

Creating arches like the attached image in Illustrator is super easy with the combination of the scissor and circle tool, but in XD it is very difficult.

316 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Windows 10
    XD Version 0.8.22.17 Beta

When duplicating artboards, I would expect the new artboard to appear in the artboard list above the artboard I duplicated (which is the current behavior for layers), but it always appears at the very top of the artboard list as if I had performed copy and paste instead.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New layer positioning
    Detrimental for a workflow as anyone spending hours per day knows.
    When creating a new layer of whichever type (vector, text, rectangle, pasting an image), the position of the layer needs to be above the layer that is currently selected or within if it is a folder.
    If no layers are selected than the new layer should be on the top.

Current behavior: the new layer is always created at the top except when I isolate a group of layers.

It is time consuming as we fiddle with hundreds of layers, and mouse dragging it every time…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I love that the Xd team values the designer's flow, so that the designer can work as efficiently as possible, without the tool getting in the way.

Setting colors is a perfect case study for this. There's nothing more flow-breaking than having to go fetch something in the toolbar, especially with a common operation like setting colors.

Needless to say it would be "un-Xd" not to have intuitive, flow-friendly keyboard shortcuts for these operations... so, here are some ideas:

If using straight keyboard keys:

"i" to activate the Fill eyedropper
    "b" to activate the Border eyedropper

Ctrl+i to remove Fill…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be great to include (for the first time in the Adobe products) this feature with the align tools:
    - one click -> align on the selection
    - doucle click -> align on the workspace
    So that, there's no need to have a droplist where you have to choose on what you want to align (like in Photoshop and Illustrator).

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My group works on the vector formats used by Android (VectorDrawable for static images and Animated Vector Drawable for animated vector graphics).
    I wondered if it would be interesting to Adobe for your design tools (such as XD) to produce these assets directly, to make it easier for Android developers to work with these resources in Adobe's tools.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)