Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I'd like a setting to disable the fold line by default when I'm editing preset artboards.

[original] Nobody asked for this so it may not be a popular request, but I find the fold line annoying and unnecessary. Would you consider giving us the option to disable it?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. As you provide importing text from txt file, it would be much more convenient to paste plain text from clipboard - enabling other sources. Usually on moqups you would use 3-6 titles, making those one by one is as long a process as opening textEdit, saving as plain text, drag&droping... It would be much more conveniente to copy a portion of text and it would be propagated based on enters (of course as long as the source text was plain text)

Even more convenient would be to copy text cells from spreadsheets, parsing them should not be a problem and…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hi all,

I am still waiting to see if we can have a global colour palette for XD?
    I am finding its very odd that you don't have access to a palette until you have pre-defined one. Its such a time waster.

In photoshop and illustrater (and sketch) you where able to play around with global colours to see what was working for a new product for example. Now its almost like you need to have a set colour palette in mind before you start.

It would be great to either have default global colours or you can create your…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Snapping 0px padding objects inside repeat grid. Maintain snap when resizing an adjacent item.

Currently, if I use a repeat grid to create an alternating pattern of items, and I try to resize one of them it overlaps with its adjacent item. This repeats with all of the repetitions.

It would be much more helpful if it pushed the adjacent item instead.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 639 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When you copy text from a website, mimic the CSS too

When designing changes to existing websites, it would be amazing to be able to copy/paste text in and have it be the same size/colour as it was on the site.

I realise this might need a browser extension or something, but if you go down that route then actually being able to copy all kinds of elements from an existing website would be game changing.

An alternative to the extension on a live website route, would be saving a website and opening it in XD in an "import mode"…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sketch has a feature where it remembers the relative positioning or XY of objects within a group. So if you copy / paste from inside one group to another group you can paste items into the exact same position.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. On the web, i often use line height to determin the height of the types container. Therefore the text should sit vertically centrally to its line height. This is different to how line height works in print.
    I also use line height for vertical rhythm. see more info on this here:
    http://typecast.com/blog/4-simple-steps-to-vertical-rhythm

vertical rhythm is a huge factor when I design for web

341 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the ability to embed tooltips and/or annotations on design so that when a user is interacting with your prototype and hits a "hotspot" a tooltip or annotation appears.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When I go to update an elements dimensions I select the width input field. But often times I miss the active input field and my selection defaults to the opacity input. I suppose since I am new to XD this will happen until I get use to it. However, I enjoy the clean look, but I would much rather be able to know where I need to click at for the input. Much like how the Properties panel is in Photoshop. There is a clear input box. I realize the bottom boarder line input look is the now look. But…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to view only stage, some kind of preview mode, no toolbars & right panel. It will let you focus on content.
    (like F in Photoshop)

533 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  MrTalin responded

Hey Ryan! Definitely something I’ve been looking for as well!

I can safely say this is a feature we’d all like to see in XD.

12. I'm not what most would consider a Pro user but I've always loved and supported Adobe's application integration (the 'edit with' submenu, smart object, linked item, etc.) So maybe a nice implementation with the eventual integrations with 'send to Muse', or 'convert to Illustrator artboards', etc. might be:

Upon importing an asset or making a symbol, since these may be simply placeholders for actual assets, would be to have the ability to give them a definition of 'type'. This could be a variety of things but if you're prototyping a spot for a carousel but the content isn't yet made…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I am creating a screen flow diagram with annotations between each artboard. I've pasted arrows between the artboards to indicate the flow of the experience between sreens.

If I'd like to move multiple artboards I've noticed that all of my arrows / annotations outside of the artboards aren't selected with the multiple artboards. It is extremely time consuming to move the outside elements after moving multiple artboards.

I read that other designers wish there could be a way to annotate or draw arrows between artboards. Perhaps that would solve my issue. I just want to show a screen / state…

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the false alarm! Someone pointed out to me that I interpreted the request incorrectly. While you can now select objects both in the artboard and on the pasteboard, you cannot yet select objects on the pasteboard and complete artboards themselves.

14. The 'import' command does not support CR2 RAW files. This means I have to process images through Photoshop and export them in an XD-compatable format. It would be great to use the existing Adobe RAW importer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Would be nice to select a group (or several) and be able to assign object-blur to all objects within, rather than having to select individual objects first. probably also applies to other common properties.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Basically, I think it would be great if you had general web buttons/tabs/text/form fields eg. bootstrap themed kit. that gave you elements to drag and drop would help speed up process. Also pre-set layout themes of basic simple web page that has already been laid out and can edit from there. eg.. Simple one page webpage layout with header.. nav.. footer.. and gallery section.. etc. Would really help get someone off to good start with a concept built instead of having to build it all from ground up.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have the possibilities to add some 360° videos would be interessant because nowadays this kind of videos are everywhere and give a lot of dynamic to your project. Then if we can have a VR mode on the futur video player, xd should be an entire soft.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The biggest hog of screen space and effort tied to interactive mock-ups is the creation of multiple art boards to accommodate simple transformations of screen objects.

It would be great to be able to assign a variable tag to the values in the design panel and then be able to set the limits/increment values to them. This would also apply to strings.

Using my Clock example from another feature request:
    I could assign the rotation variable to my hands set the limit to 10° then set another button to cycle that symbols rotation variable. Otherwise using the current art board…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Double-clicking on an asset, such as a color or font, in the Assets window, brings up the asset's edit window.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It's quite frustrating that every time I use the shape tools, I have to remove the stroke and change the fill.
    Like in ID and AI, it would be useful if the object fill and stroke remembers the previous settings, or a default could be somehow set.

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)