Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I would like to be able to prevent the Select tool from automatically selecting the topmost layer (just like in Photoshop) so I can drag/move items without having to select them directly or have my cursor directly on them.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When scaling text boxes, the text box scales but the text inside remains the same size. This can be handy for scaling at the same size, but very inconvenient when you need smaller paragraph text and have to reformat manually. Holding Command-⌘ (or CTRL on Windows) while you scale down a text box should allow you to reduce the size of the textbox and its contents.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. At the moment if you mask some layers or a group of layers (Mask with shape) you are not able to reorder them. They become locked, not it terms of repositioning them but your are not able to reorder them on the layer level. Right click and "Bring to front" etc. works though.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It will be neat to have the option of printing the comments along with the design

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I am sharing prototypes from different projects. This feature is highly appreciated in the team. I would appreciate a possibility to organise my collection: group prototypes (create folders?), have different view options (tiles, lists?) and sort by date (to see most recent updates?).

The problem is that Prototype section is getting very messy: all prototypes land in Prototypes section, titles are truncated, there is no certain order to them, I have no control on grouping or display. many prototypes tiles in the view start with the same name and page, so I have trouble to find what I am looking…

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently when you export to PDF there is no option to name the PDF file you are saving, even if you've only selected a few artboards, meaning I have to go back onto the desktop after the fact and edit the filename of the exported PDF.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. All major OS typefaces (San Francisco, Roboto, Segoe UI) have small caps but they cannot be accessed in XD right now.

Small caps come in handy when designing user interfaces and should be accessible from within XD imo.

This is a subtask of OpenType: https://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/features_pt.htm#smcp
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/15025290-support-opentype-font-features

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Whenever I give my design to developers, they always want the pixel measurements in whole numbers and not numbers with decimals. I always have to round the number for each element I drew. Very tedious process.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Every time I update my file, I have to keep a separate document to record all the changes I made linking to the labels I placed in my XD document so that everyone in the team, especially the engineering team will know what's the difference between version 21 and version 50.

It would be great if Adobe XD can create a changelog automatically, and take screenshots of those changes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A great feature would be to export a layout into a format that could be edited in Dreamweaver allowing us to create a layout or UI and then build a final producr straight off of that.

This would speed up the design process and levels of productivity tremendously.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If i create an artboard in photoshop, illustrator, etc i should be able to import those artboards into XD without having to access the original file to make edits such as text changes, images swaps, vector shape edits...

also, i should be able to use animations from flash/after effects to bring in loading screens, sliders, reveals, popups, etc that work within XD (and iphone)

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Color /style brush tool - i imagine that you could sample color (or apearance / font size / specified property) by clicking on object with alt pressed, and then clicking on other objects to apply that style / color etc?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Have you tried using the “paste appearance” command? You can copy an object, select another object, and then right click and “Paste Appearance” to apply all applicable styles.

I’m leaving this suggestion open.

13. This only applies to Windows as the same mouse on MacOs is perfect:

Zooming with alt + scroll wheel is way too fast. One scroll step on the mouse is 30% magnification! (from 100% one step is -> 130%)

And before you tell me to change my mousewheel settings, I'll tell you it's fine i Photoshop, where one step is 10%. (from 100% -> 110%)

In XD step by step: 50% -> 65% -> 84% -> 109% -> 142% -> 185% -> 241% -> 313% -> 407%

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like Adobe XD to be able to export/sync to InVision to support "Motion".

"Motion" is a closed beta at Invision that supports micro animations/interactions – similar functionality to what thirdparty apps/services like Atomic, Marvel and Flinto has to offer.

By enabling Adobe XD to export its assets to Invision in such a way that "Motion" inside InVision can be applied to the XD wireframes/prototypes/designs inside InVision.

Preferably XD export to InVision should support sync, perhaps via Dropbox.

PS. For the long run XD could add "Motion" functionality inside XD and thus reverse sync the motions from Invision "Motion"…

315 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Technically its possible: automatic hyphenation. It would great to implement automatic hyphenation into Xd.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. For the design I use InDesign as InDesign is much more powerful as XD. I export my Designs as PNG and import those PNGs in XD to create linked artboards for customer presentations.

It would be very much needed to have extern links (as in InDesign) pointing to those PNGs. Each time I update my Design in InDesign and export automated all PNGs all screens in XD would also be updated. I conceptualize webprojects with more than 200+ screens and this would speed up prototyping tremendously.

Anyway XD rules – really like it – just miss this killer feature!

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Okay, so I’m trying to understand here. By looking up documentation, I see that you can place images in your file and link them to an image on your file system, so not embedding them in the file. (I’m assuming you’re not talking about inserting links to images on the Internet via URLs.) When the document opens, it loads up the image and places it in. In some apps, updating the file on the file system will update the image automatically without any intervention, and in other apps, changing it on the file system won’t update until you either manually refresh or relaunch the app.

This scenario is what I was defining as “dynamic linking.” Smart Objects (as I’m defining them in my head) are elements that are in a CC file format (like Photoshop or Illustrator). Am I misunderstanding your request for external links?

Thanks,

-Elaine

17. UI Kits with browser bars for web development. Include the fundamentals like Chrome, IE/Edge, Safari.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be really nice to have the ability to simulate right click, double click, hover, and scroll events in the prototype view. This would allow people who are making more complex web based products to simulate/communicate those interactions to others.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be really helpful to have a zoom out and pan similar to InDesign. This could facilitate being able to zoom into a section of the app or website design, zoom out and move to another section and zoom back to previous level an new cursor location in one fluid movement.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We all need sample data as designer to fill our preview ! Sample data is great. But sometime you work on redesigning existing website/app/whatever so there is already an API with all the data you need. I'd love to have a feature that allow me to make request from a specific API to have revelant data !

Since video is better than words. I'd love to have that for Adobe XD :

(sorry if someone already talk about it)

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)