Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I would like to be able to wrap text around an object or another text block as with InDesign.

309 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be great to include page numbers on the actual artboards similar to indesign for presentation purposes.

Clients often get lost due to screen share lag, so having the page number available would greatly help.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. This is a very simple but useful feature that I'd like to see carried over from InDesign.

In InDesign, when the text tool is selected, it only takes one click to begin editing text in the exact place where you click in a text string. To select the object to move it, you simply use the Selection Tool (V), but if you want to edit text, the Text Tool (T) makes it seamless.

Currently in XD, objects are selected in the same way regardless as to whether the Selection Tool or Text Tool is in use. This requires 2 clicks…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There should really be a tool to crop photos by selection (maybe by double clicking on it and using the control points) but it took me a while just to figure out that i have to mask by shape just to crop a photo.

558 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  Hoyle responded

We’ve begun working on an easier way to crop your images without using an image mask and will be releasing this in an upcoming release!

Hoyle
    Product Manager, Adobe XD

5. I would like to use icon libraries (web fonts) without to install them as fonts in my system. For that it would be great to have the option to use all icons of a downloaded "woff-file" i.e. from the following sites and embed them into the xd project:

materialdesignicons.com
    flaticon.com
    Google Web Fonts
    FontAwesome

1,009 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'd like to suggest to have a notification somewhere to inform the viewers that the prototype has been updated so that the current viewers could refresh the page. If a developer is looking at it, he wouldnt realise that there were changes made to the screen as there is no indicator of new changes. So every time I shared my prototype again, I had to inform the team (through slack or trello) that I've made some updates so that they could refresh the page to look at changes made to the screens.

I don't want it interrupt ongoing presentations or…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Windows] Exporting from Xd (.svg) to Adobe Illustrator - Blur Not Showing

Xd Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 2.4.3.114
    Adobe Illustrator Version : 21.1.0 (64-bit)
    Windows 10 Home
    Version 1703
    OS Build 15063.608

1. Create any 2 shapes in Xd. Make them any color but white.
    2. Create a 3rd shape and overlay(top layer)that so the previous two shapes are totally covered
    3. Select this 3rd shape and apply blur (amount: 8 | brightness: 0 | opacity: 0%)
    4. Select page
    5. Export .svg (embed image)
    6. Open .svg in Adobe Illustrator

Result
    No blur. See Ai_NoBlur.png

Expected Result
    See AiBlur.ai
    1. I made a group

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Blur for the exported SVG will be implemented in a future version of XD. Will let you know once that is publicly available.

Cheers,
    M.

8. Have a simple utility keyboard shortcut or icon in the alignment panel for swapping places of two selected elements. Simply interchange X and Y between the 2 selected objects. It'd be useful when selecting 2 art boards as well.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In Sketch 3 I can just drag n drop any SVG from browser (e.g. from http://www.flaticon.com ). But I can't do it in XD. Instead now I have to download file on my computer, than find this and drag file from Finder.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Right now the shortcut for the Element panel is CTRL + SHIFT + Y (on Windows) and CTRL + Y for Layers panel. I always get confused what combination I have to use in order to switch between the panels because I constantly change in which panel I am. Since the panels are displayed in the same flyout and at the moment there are only two panles it would be super super awesome to just switch between the panels with the same shortcut. Like when I am in the Layers I press CTRL+Y and I see the Elements. Then I…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Feature: Allow the creation of custom toggles that display over a canvas, similar to how the Layout Grid works.

I work with a development team, I design the look and they build it. The issue I have is sometimes the developers don't pay close attention to the spacing of my designs. Sometimes they will code a design element to be right up against a column when actually there should be a 20px padding. I think having custom toggles can help highlight these small details. I know/have workarounds to this minor issue but having an official feature for it would be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In a document with a large number of artboards it would be great to have some functionality for clearing up the clutter:

1: Select a number of artboards.
    2: Choose View, «Show Only Links of selected artboards»
    or
    Choose View, «Show Only outgoing links of selected artboards»
    or
    Choose View, «Show Only incomming Links of selected artboards»

Thanks.

on

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would love to have the prototype pane (in-browser) have a scrollbar if the content exceeds the bounds of the prototype. Obviously, it does scroll with the mouse and keyboard mechanisms, but there is no visual indication to the user that there is additional content.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. the title says it all
    During export i don't want to be clicking and looking for the location of the export every single time.

Please make a button that resets the export location to the location of *.xd file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When you choose font for text, would be good to have some preview about how it'll look.

1,380 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I wish you can make this possible so that I can integrate my wireframes created in Omnigraffle to XD.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Exporting assets (like a row of buttons) as JPG turns the transparent space to white - it should change it to the artboards background colour (or even better, give the user the option to use the background colour or not)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When the fill color opacity is lowered, the shadow should not show through.

The fill opacity is also affecting the shadow's opacity. These controls should be independent of each other.

I have attached a screen shots from xd that shows the issue and a screen shot from sketch that shows the desired result. The circle on both are filled with #ffffff at 50% opacity.

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something we’d like to get more feedback on.

a) Some apps (such as Adobe Illustrator and InDesign) behave the way XD does now: reducing fill opacity (not overall object opacity) keeps the whole shadow visible but reduces its opacity in proportion with the fill color’s opacity. At zero fill opacity, the shadow is completely gone along with the fill (unless you have a border, in which case you have a thin ring-shaped shadow left).

b) Other apps (such as Photoshop or Sketch) behave differently: reducing fill opacity leaves the shadow’s opacity at full strength, but clips the shadow so you don’t see it through the translucent fill. At zero fill opacity, in the middle of the shape you can see what’s behind it completely unobscured, but outside the shape’s edges you still see the drop shadow at full strength.

Which one do people prefer? Do you need to…

19. I've been enjoying the XD Preview immensely, and find it super useful, with much promise. But I'm doing more and more work on the iPad Pro these days, and that's in large part due to the current crop of Adobe iOS apps.

A full-featured version of Adobe XD for iOS, including CC sync, would be amazing.

1,115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. With FontAwesome font files and the like, it's impractical to make quick use of their icons/glyphs without a palette, as the entire character set does not use qwerty, but are special/hidden characters.

I can live without granular type tools like kerning, but not having accessibility to the glyphs of a given font file is a dearly missed feature from working in Photoshop or Illustrator. At least on OS X, the OS character viewer is not as friendly as Adobe's other implementations of the glyphs palette.

Thanks for your hard work.

800 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)