Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to exclude artboard background color/layers on export

Sketch includes a cool feature which let you have a background color on your artboard (like the fill setting on artboards in XD), but it also has a setting to Include or not this color on the export. (see attached screenshot)

This let us define a background color to work on our design, like when we design an icon, but when exporting the background is transparent.

This could be expanded to layers by adding a setting "Include in export" checked by default, so we can filter layers when exporting. As an example, when designing an app icon, i could add…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for your feedback! This feature is already in our backlog – not sure when it will arrive, but we’re aware of the need for it.

Regards,
    Joe

3. Snap objects to artboard scrolling/viewport fold line

I would love to have objects snap to the fold line. Currently i'm moving my footer around a lot because we don't have any sticky footers (yet?) and I always need to zoom in to make sure its on the actual fold line.

Or whenever I resize my canvas back to the actual height of the fold line I need to either enter the height or make sure I drag it to the pixel perfect location.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change color of the bounding boxes

It would be very beneficial to change the color of the bounding boxes. I am working on an application with a very similar shade of blue and it's incredibly difficult to see when I have selected things.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to define wire color

Being able to select the color for the connectors not only makes it easier for me to understand the interactions better at a glance but when I share the wireframes with developers it gives more clarity to the progression of interactions.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keyboard shortcut to open color picker popup for Fill/Stroke Colors

I find myself mousing around quite a bit to change colors. I hate using the trackpad/mouse if at all possible. I'd like to be able to Select Object > {press a key to open Fill/Border color} > Type/Paste Hex Code > Enter.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add new Repeat Grid cells to the left or above existing rows / columns

Hello!

Presently when I want to add an item to the repeat grid, I can only expand to the right or bottom of the grid to add items.

However, there are times when I realize I want to add a unique item to the top my pattern.

(An example: I want to create a mobile nav menu of 7 stacked labels. The client returns and wants to add one to the top. At present, I would need to expand at the bottom, then re-input the labels one by one.)

It would be super convenient if I could also expand to…

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Letter Spacing in PX

Would be very handy to adjust letter spacing in pixels. Because in CSS you also do it that way … and rather more .. there is no half pixel …

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Outline mode to show all objects as strokes

Would be great if illustrator's outline mode could be used in XD as well.
    cmd+Y would switch the view to outlines.
    Benefits:
    • Easy selection of objects no matter how deeply hidden they are
    • Great overview of the construction of the scene

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Import from Axure

While a love Adobe products and am super excited to see XD and how it integrates with all the other programs I use on a daily basis, I have built a rather large custom library of components in Axure and would like to convert them over or use them in XD so I can start using it as a primary tool.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Artboard "code identifier/label" in addition to title

When working on a large project, sooner or later, the wireframes will be handed to developers. A clean and transparent stucture is essential. I would suggest that, beside the existing art board title, there would be a art board 'code label'. Example: LOG-020 or MENU-001 etc. In web view, code label and title could be shown together like '[LOG-020] Visitors login screen'.
    The art board list on the left hand side in XD could be sorted on code to get a well organized list.
    An export function to xml could also be handy to get the complete project stucture to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. XD Apple TV / OTT Testing app

Hi XD team!

I'm so excited that you are releasing the iOS and Android XD apps for testing on those devices. We have apps on those platforms, but I feel like the real game changer for us would be an OTT testing app such as a native tvML (tvOS) app for Apple TV that we could at least test our Apple TV app on.

We have our app on nearly every OTT platform you can imagine such as Apple TV Legacy and tvOS, Roku, Android TV, Fire TV, XBox 360 and new ones coming soon. Our stakeholders view our design…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Design Roadmap

My team often needs a vision to start with, but also smaller increments for in between. It would be great to have the possibility to show the design roadmap to the devs / shareholders.

Some more detail:
    We will usually have a big idea, very rough on a sketch level - defined from user research etc. But to get to this point and to have it validated, we need to split it up in smaller increments.
    Now I just have an xd file called vision, then another one mvp or mvp2 or mvp3 ... you get it. It would be…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Pasteboard: Custom background color

The option to change the (global) background from grey to any color that fits to my design

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multiline text box adjustment in repeat grid

In repeating grids, it would be great if there was a way to adjust the position (x,y) of objects adjacent to text boxes based on the width and height of their content.

For example, designing a comments UI, it would be nice to have multiline text that varies from 1-5 lines that would push the elements below it to match the margins set in the original instance. So if you have a "reply" link below the multiline text it would move +y to match the intended layout.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create font fallback in design file

Each web page is applied multiple font families in CSS file in general, and it lets a browser on its OS read corresponding font family based on the order of font family.

On Mac OS, Windows, iOS and Android, installed font families are different from each other, and some letters in languages (e.g. Japanese on Reference1.png captured on Android app) seems to cause being garbled.

If multiple font family is able to apply, it'd be great especially when the prototype is reviewed by multiple OS / devices. My idea would be attached as Reference2.png.

How would you think?

Thanks!
    Kei

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change number values in active field using scroll wheel

It is terrible to re-type eg. font-size values using keyboard.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. XD integrated with AEM

Integration of XD with AEM will be very convenient to prototype and bring the application to life at the same place.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pixel Preview

A quick toggle for pixel preview would be much appreciated. Just like the one in Adobe Illustrator.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base