Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Super-admins (enterprise level) should be able to:
    -View, edit, delete, create teams
    -View, edit, delete, add team members + owners
    -Assign/ remove teams to/ from projects

Team Admins (manager level) should be able to:
    -Add members to a team
    -Remove members from a team
    -Edit role-based access permissions for each member of the team related to project access (Team admin, Collaborator, Reviewer, Approver)

Teams are associated with:
    -Projects (specs, style guides, prototypes)
    -Asset libraries & UI kits

This is related to the following feature requests (that I could discover)
    :
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/16963429-user-permissions-for-collaboration

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13061826-collaboration-on-same-document-real-time-or-check

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12930321-creative-cloud-library-support-share-symbols-asse

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12935340-shared-style-guide-within-members-of-a-team-objec

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Options like "bring to front" & "bring to back" are used very often when drawing mockups, but currently it needs 3 clicks (right click -> arrange -> bring to front). If there was a button in the right panel (like the alignment buttons), we could do it with 1 click.

Of course there is always the keyboard shortcut, but in some languages they are quite weird key combinations (especially if you dont want to move your right hand from the mouse to the keyboard) and when drawing stuff, we have our hand on the mouse anyway and thus having a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. [Translation]

Once you've picked the text, I'd like you to preview the text in the text list like an illustrator. If you do not actually apply it, will you change the selected character to change the shape of the preview by placing the cursor on the text in the text list?

And the rotation of the figure was inconvenient. If you put your mouse on the corner of the shape like the illustration, you can rotate it with the round shape. I was uncomfortable to have to enter the angle of rotation separately.

일단 텍스트를 고를때 일러스트 레이터 처럼 텍스트…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. As I am incorporating Adobe XD more and more in my prototyping workflow, I find that switching from artboard to artboard and zooming out for a bird's eye view and then zooming in on a another artboard are primary actions within the app.

Also, since as PS-like scrubby zoom and flick panning are not implemented at this time, I find this whole process to be not quite optimized.

Since the introduction of Microsoft's Surface Dial device, it seems support has been added for it in Illustrator (https://helpx.adobe.com/si/illustrator/using/microsoft-dial.html) and given Ai's similar use of artboard and vector based approach,…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Please change the default value for Line Height to Normal or Auto, instead of 0, just like it works in CSS or Phothsop, because line-height:0; is actually a value in CSS which makes the line height 0.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be great if AdobeXD could provide sort of a library of UIElements from iOS, OSX, Android and Windows besides the given UIKits. So you can simply drag e.g. the textfield to your artboard and adjust this afterwards. This would make the process of designing an app much more easier!

1,962 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When designing complex widgets that are reproduced as repeat grids I oftentimes need to rearrange the z-order contained layers within the repeat grid.
    Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. If this is not supported as a feature the interface should indicate so. Now the contained layers look like regular layers outside a grid, but behave otherwise.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I know you can use the mouse to drag layers into and out of groups, but it would be nice if there was a keyboard shortcut to do that as well. Or if the current keystrokes for moving layers allowed you to move layers in this way.

This has become more of an issue to me now that we can paste a layer into multiple artboards (which is awesome!). I'm still having to go in and drag my layers into the right spot after pasting. Or worse, having to cut and paste the newly-added layer into a specialized group (symbol,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to align text to the top/middle/bottom of the text box. I'm sure you've already got the horizontal alignment options covered in your checklist.

1,728 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I noticed that if I pasted in content from another source (in this case, Sketch), everything imports properly but if I try to move the ARTBOARD it merely stays in place and the pasted content moves. However, if I select 2+ artboards, no problem.

This may just be a bug.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be a good way to find elements using layer panel. right-clicking element and selecting "Show in Artboard" and selected element will be shown in artboard.

Instead of selecting layer and then pressing Cmd+3.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Color code or tag artboards with final, needs review, in progress, approved

Ease the way internal reviews are done so its easier to share files inside the team and be clear the state of each artboard without having to add all kinds of notes and shapes on the paste board.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adobe XD cannot run on macs that for various reasons use a system volume with case sensitive AFPS/HFS. This is the also true for other software from Adobe, e.g. Photoshop. The difference between XD and Photoshop is that Photoshop is available as a standalone download (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html), and standalone download installers let the user select which volume to install the software on. Adobe XD is currentlynot available as a standalone download and is thus not available on a computer with a system volume that has a case sensitive file system.

A workaround would be to offer a standalone…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Hi there! I'm excited with this tool from you.
    I came here to suggest few things base in actual ideas going on.

I'm a React Native user. I'm pretty excited with RN too. And I would be glad to merge RN with Xd.

For RN we have few tools (IDE) like Deco IDE (just MAC...) and exponent. Deco is very interesting and Xd could overcome it.

I think create UI inside Xd and transform the it's layers into React native tags would be the simplest way. Adobe XD would not be affected just creanting a kind of "react export". These…

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be great with a few more features/interactive animations when you link the pages. More easing options. I guess what I'm saying I would like to have more animations and effects based on what we have on websites and apps to this date.

transition presets

1,008 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Windows 10, Wacom Intuos 4 (a pretty common setup for designers) and XD doesn't seem to work at all!

I was excited to install XD and try it out on a project. I can't select anything, place anything, basically nothing works.

This is unlike the launch version of Dimension which pretty much all works with a user's or studio's standard Adobe based computer setup.

I've seen comments about this since January 2017, still nothing?

What computer and interface setup are you targeting exactly?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. (Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)
    I've seen newer implementation of the Zoom tool updated for the Mac version.

However I don't think I've seen "Scrubby Zoom" implemented.

Currently many users don't use a track pad. Using a marque selection is a slower multi-step process to zoom. Using the mouse wheel to zoom also isn't nowhere as fast as the Photoshop's "Scrubby Zoom".

To see what I mean in Photoshop (Windows keyboard shortcut), hold CTRL + Space Bar, and use your mouse to left click & hold, and move from left to right. You'll see your document scrubby zoom, in…

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When hovering over a text element, the cursor changes to a text selection cursor. This leads me to believe that I can drag select the text I'm currently hovering over (as you are able to do in applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator).

Currently though, when I try and drag select a portion of text within a text element it creates a new text box in the area I'm dragging, over top of the existing text element. This is inconsistent behaviour when compared to other Adobe apps.

This is valuable because it skips the step of having to click into…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to link objects (or generate smart objects) when pasted from a PSD or AI source to maintain a reference.

This would provide a simple method for single or multiple object updates (beyond the CC Design Libraries integration)—saving time and ensuring all objects are the most current.

Example: Revision to a microphone icon via Illustrator, which is used across 20 artboards

1,851 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)