Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. One click to edit text

This is a very simple but useful feature that I'd like to see carried over from InDesign.

In InDesign, when the text tool is selected, it only takes one click to begin editing text in the exact place where you click in a text string. To select the object to move it, you simply use the Selection Tool (V), but if you want to edit text, the Text Tool (T) makes it seamless.

Currently in XD, objects are selected in the same way regardless as to whether the Selection Tool or Text Tool is in use. This requires 2 clicks…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. UI kit for browsers

UI Kits with browser bars for web development. Include the fundamentals like Chrome, IE/Edge, Safari.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alert user before deleting symbol from artboard

Several times, I've accidentally deleted all instances of a symbol. When selecting a symbol from the artboard and deleting, it would be nice if confirmation were required before it deletes all instances of that symbol. If a user really wants to delete all instances, it's easy to do so from the symbols panel (right click --> Delete.) So I don't think this extra alert would be annoying, since the difference between deleting an instance and all instances is so subtle. When you are zoomed in close to just one instance and are on the layers panel (so you can't see…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Duplicating artboards does not maintain z order

Windows 10
    XD Version 0.8.22.17 Beta

When duplicating artboards, I would expect the new artboard to appear in the artboard list above the artboard I duplicated (which is the current behavior for layers), but it always appears at the very top of the artboard list as if I had performed copy and paste instead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Integrate feature requests/bug reporting into XD

If you allow a user to post directly from the tool this would really save time.
    Then if you allow us to select areas of the artboards that we are referring to, screen grab/ record, that will also help out a lot.

Right now, it is very disruptive to switch back and forth between browser and XD to post an idea...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change symbol only on one artboard option

I would find it extremely handy if I could change the symbol on one artboard only, to allow me to see how color changes are effecting f.exp. the icon.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Set background color on groups

I always have to put a rectangle of color in a group to defines its color, but the group itself is the right size. Why can't I just give it a color?

This is partially related to this idea:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/15957478-relative-positioning-within-a-group

If I could give it a color and relative positioning, you would match the Figma constraints feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Changelog

Every time I update my file, I have to keep a separate document to record all the changes I made linking to the labels I placed in my XD document so that everyone in the team, especially the engineering team will know what's the difference between version 21 and version 50.

It would be great if Adobe XD can create a changelog automatically, and take screenshots of those changes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Be able to record video, audio as well as screen interactions

This ideas is similar to the "Option to capture mic audio in record mode" however, if we have web cam enabled we should be able to utilize it.

Also, the record option is kind of wonky because it wont allow the user to enter a full screen, presentation mode

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow macro software to use XD

Hi there,

I generally like to have the Adobe softwares configured on gaming equipment such as mouse and keyboard with macro buttons. This really makes working on them faster.

Adobe Xd, since it is attached to an inaccessible file in WindowsApp, doesn't have that. This would be great if you consider having the .exe file somewhere else (this is probably naive of me to think that).

Anyhow, I like Xd so far but this puts me off since using macros is generally how I work best :/ (having most of what I need on my mouse for instance)

All the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Maintain gutter when adjust repeat grid cell contents

Snapping 0px padding objects inside repeat grid. Maintain snap when resizing an adjacent item.

Currently, if I use a repeat grid to create an alternating pattern of items, and I try to resize one of them it overlaps with its adjacent item. This repeats with all of the repetitions.

It would be much more helpful if it pushed the adjacent item instead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Duplicate symbol in the Symbols Panel by Opt + drag

provide a functionality to duplicate a symbol in the library

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Feature Request Priority level

Within requests, it would be awesome if you could let us assign a priority to our requests as well.

Up voting works to a degree, however, it isnt as insightful to a true priority...

(this priority is very low-low, btw)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. All new objects should create at the same Z-order as selected object

New layer positioning
    Detrimental for a workflow as anyone spending hours per day knows.
    When creating a new layer of whichever type (vector, text, rectangle, pasting an image), the position of the layer needs to be above the layer that is currently selected or within if it is a folder.
    If no layers are selected than the new layer should be on the top.

Current behavior: the new layer is always created at the top except when I isolate a group of layers.

It is time consuming as we fiddle with hundreds of layers, and mouse dragging it every time…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Tag Layers for Specific Releases, Ability to Present Designs Per Release to Devs

Problem:
    I often need to design with the future in mind, I need to be considering the product several releases ahead of dev. When it is time to share designs with the dev team we often spend a good portion of our conversation going over what the requirements are for the current release. Developers need to make sure what is required of them for the next release and it seems there is no way around this conversation except to spend time just removing things from the designs which I never do because, well, time.

Example:
    1. My designs might include…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Too much mouse use

You should consider ways of minimizing the use of the mouse.
    I work with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop all day long, I´ve never had problems with either hand or shoulder before starting to use Adobe XD.

Manually resizing artboards is a pain. Fit to selection would help.

Zooming is a pain. Smart zoom would help. (Zoom where the mouse pointer is, or where selection is.) I constantly have to reposition.

Finding a page is a pain. Jump to page, search page og something like that would help.

Selecting all on artboard can only be done by manual selection. Select all…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Copy artboard using handles

To keep my design clean and tidy I always copy my existing artboard with all appearances to the next spot up/down/left or right from it. I alwas have to take into consideration my zoom then to make sure the snap will keep my distance the same as from other artboards, while this could be done without careing about the zoom, nor using alt + drag.
    Part of the functionality already exist as when you copy paste exactly this wil happen, you cannot though nor choose the direction (always paste on the right from prev) nor change the distance.
    Of course…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Visual preview of transition

Add a preview for visual feedback when designing transitions in prototyping.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bootstrap and web layout UI Kit

Basically, I think it would be great if you had general web buttons/tabs/text/form fields eg. bootstrap themed kit. that gave you elements to drag and drop would help speed up process. Also pre-set layout themes of basic simple web page that has already been laid out and can edit from there. eg.. Simple one page webpage layout with header.. nav.. footer.. and gallery section.. etc. Would really help get someone off to good start with a concept built instead of having to build it all from ground up.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base