Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Sometimes the feedback I receive contain bullet points, but when bullet points are copied and pasted into the comment section the styling drops out. It would be a helpful addition to the prototype feedback feature.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. If I have to add new content to the top or left of the grid cells inside a Repeat Grid, the left/top edges of the Repeat Grid container don't auto-expand and the content gets clipped. I have to manually move all the existing content down/right to make space, then add the new content, then move the whole Repeat Grid back to the left/upward to get the existing content back in its original position.

Also, if I have text overrides with centered text, if I edit any of the text to be long it also gets clipped, and requires similar work…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I'd very much like to see more elaborate way of collaborating, meaning that it would be amazing if you could comment, draw and discuss the web shared prototype, directly on the prototype link.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll be leaving this suggestion open, but we currently do have comments and replies support in shared prototypes. You can view them by clicking on the speech bubble in the upper right hand corner of your shared prototype page.

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

4. Content move-down handle like in Muse

It would be incredibly helpful to have a move-down handle (like there is in Muse) to move all of your content down on a page and have the page auto-resize. As of now, you have to resize the page and guess at how long it should be, then select all of the elements you want to move down, move them and then change the page size again...inefficient. Muse does this part right!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Right now I can't control the images used in my project.. For an example.. I'm building a website and put a image in the background. I needed to change it and I accidentally dragged an image in TIFF format with 85mb. After that I replace that image with the correct one. Now my project has doubled in size and I can not "delete" it from the project... It seems to be still there in the .XD file...

I do not know if this is a cache problem or something like that ..

But I believe that software should have a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I am looking to use Adobe Xd as a rapid prototyping tool for our business. sliders such as those used for color, and volume controls would be of an immense help. The color picker sliders wouldn't be as advanced as those that were in Adobe Color CC. These are just simple sliders that start at 0 then go to 255 for RGB values. We also have brightness/intensity sliders and white temp sliders as our lighting is RGBA. I don't need them fully functional, just having the ability to work the control knob left to right would be grand!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When I'm distorting a shape (say a rectangle) into another shape (say a trapezoid), I'd like to know see reference guide to the vertical and horizontal centers, so I know how far to move the distortion points.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Locked objects can’t be copied (alone or in a selection of objects). This makes it hard to reliably work with more complex selections.

Allow copying locked objects and their properties.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I manage a widget library with renderings of various components. For example, as a means of organizing tab bars (as they appear in conjunction with different components) I have the renderings of those rendered together on a single page. What I would like to do is allow the user to click a word an jump them to the particular artboard where the component that they appear with is referenced. Bear in mind, my document is very large and it is difficult to move between artboards in design mode.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide an option when designing and previewing to automatically overlay the iPhone X cutout shape over the design. This would be super helpful both while designing and previewing.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 日本語の下線表示を適切にして欲しい

下線機能の追加ありがとうございます。ただ日本語の場合、意図しない表示になってしまうことがあります。修正の検討お願いします。おそらくChinese, Koreanも同様のケースがあると思います。

I want the Japanese underline display to be appropriate

Thank you for adding underline functions. If it is just Japanese, it may become an unintended display. Please consider examining the correction. Perhaps Chinese and Korean have similar cases.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Why does there seem to be no interest or demand for this feature anymore? For me it's a "must have" for efficient prototyping. I realize "flat" is all the rage, but I still do a lot of photo-realistic, skeuomorphic design using Photoshop's bitmap-only tools. Without 9-slice scaling, there's no way to properly scale a png graphic within XD. I have to create all the different sizes I need in Photoshop and import them all separately. Doesn't anyone else have this problem, or am I missing something?

I realize there's already a post about this, but I'm hoping for some feedback…

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can’t comment on the state of design, but what I can do for you is to merge the other story into this one, which will notify all of the other people who upvoted for it. That being said, it’s likely that people are beginning to go all-vector, which negates the need for bitmap 9-scaling if you have fixed point corners.

-Elaine

13. Color stops fixed at the extremes are not easily selectable. They seem to be under the bars. Could they be over each bar?

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Rectangles: allow 1 or more sides to have a border(stroke), like: border-top

2,013 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be nice if we could zoom in on the "Assets" pane. With a high resolution monitor, it can be very difficult to see some of the smaller assets that are designed for mobile. I currently have to drag them into the canvas where I can zoom in to see which is which.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I need color in 8-digit hex code (with transparency). And the color code should be displayed in Design Specs too. And it would be great if first two digits of alpha channel to stay a bit apart visually for easy perception, but not be divided with space to correctly copy/pasted

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It's great to have add and see comments in the online prototype. But even better (for the designer) would be to see those comments in the design file.

I envision a third tab next to Design and Prototype: Comments (or Feedback). When you go to that tab, you see all your artboards, but you also see any comments that have been made on the online prototype. Pin or bubble icons (or whatever) appear next to artboards with comments, which you can click to pull up the comments in a comments panel (similar to the layers and symbols panels, but perhaps…

254 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I saw you recently embedding third-party support (like Zeppelin) and I was wondering if you have "Haiku" on the screen.

I think that their strategy, to do animations and export them directly in any code is fantastic and it would be great if you could import XD-Files directly (like they do with Sketch right now).

https://www.haiku.ai/

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Line start and end should allow arrows, triangle, or circles

Original request:
    (this covers some topics already tracked elsewhere on UserVoice: please upvote those other suggestions if you're interested in dotted lines and CSS-driven styling).

In CSS and other adobe tools we have Stroke or Border options like type or style (dotted, dashed) start and end (arrows, triangle, circles). In XD we do currently have weight and color options, though it will be amazing to add these options to reflect dotted arrow line or dashed border around a rectangle etc.

650 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Several of the items originally mentioned here are covered by other feature requests already:

The only suggestion I think we don’t have listed yet is arrow-head line endings. To keep the request list tidy, I will change the title here so it is specifically focused on that one idea. Please upvote the other links above so your interest in those features is captured too.

Thanks for your feedback!

20. Description:
    I am missing a freehand shape tool that allows me drawing sketches directly in XD (Like a pen on paper).
    A freehand vector pencil tool like the one in illustrator would be perfect.

Value:
    Currently I am drawing my sketches in Illustrator, copying them later into XD. Would be nice working without this workaround.

Thank you.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)