Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Predefined color books / libraries

Would love access to color libraries like the Pantone color books as I do use these even in my UX Design and prototypes.

----
    (Original request: Just trying out the new Adobe Experience Design application and not to thrilled about the mac color picker. Would love to see the photoshop or illustrator color picker, color swatches and access to color libraries like the Pantone color books as I do use these even in my UX Design and prototypes.)

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Place to share UI Kits

Could we have a place to share UI Kits and other assets

Here is a Foundation 6 one I've made to get things going

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Conditional Repeat Grid contents - different sets of items share different "templates"

Allow me to have various layout types iterating within a repeating grid. This could be driven from an excel spreadsheet with true or false conditions or some way to indicate for this Data Set, pull Layout X. This would allow me to pull real data and then scrub the data to indicate which layout type to pull for representation. This would include pulling a different layout to accommodate extra data.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Design focus oriented UI

On many household electronics objects, the User Interface (UI) is Focus oriented: the user move a focus with buttons to select and validate an UI object. For example on TV UI like Apple tvOS, Android TV, Amazon FireTV, connected TV, etc., or on Waterproof objects like the Pebble Watch, or on very small and low-cost products like many connected objects (IOT).

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Aligning different sized items

I love the way we can add space between items of a repeat grid. I'd like to see this feature also for items with different sizes. For instance a navigation bar, where every item has a different width. There it would be very nice to be able to "drag" the space between the items to in- or decrease the gap/padding. See the picture attached!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Auto Arrange Artboard Layout in Prototype Mode

I'd love to have some auto arrangement in prototype mode, which might be really helpful when screens get too much and organising them turns into pain. I've seen other softwares dealing with this kind of problem very neatly.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dynamic content spacers/content aware object placement

I attached an image explaining the idea. In short - cut our design time by 50%. When adding content to content blocks you almost always need to do the tedious task of selecting everything beneath and moving it to create space for the changes. I want to eliminate this task by using Dynamic content spacers. Just hover over a border and connect that border to another - lock it and type in your prefered px / point or % - your preference and voila. Every time you make changes the design just moves magically with all the content :)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Scale repeat grid from center without moving items upward

Could you add the possibility of scaling a repeat group without moving the child items from their position on the artboard?

Holding down ALT scale from the center of the group but all the children move along with the top left corner which is annoying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When resizing (or editing text), automatically shift neighboring items to maintain same distance

Hi. Thanks for the opportunity to try out Adobe XD!

One thing that takes up a lot of my time designing is when I change the height of one object and have a lot of content beneath it. Then I have to select all that content beneath and move it regarding to the height change earlier. Well that I can live with. But...

... what about when you change the font size in one block. Then I would like that block to adjust the height according to the content. And I would like all the content beneath to automatically change…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Design contradiction intelligence between devices & design approach

As a product manager, so far loving AXD & can't wait for few top feature requests like UI, Icon libraries etc. It has made prototyping so much faster.
    I would recommend, if a Product manager or designer picks a certain design template such as iOS flat design or Android Material Design then recommend or suggest possible issues across web vs mobile design during design mode. For e.g. width or placement of a grid element that is responsive, recommend best practices in design mode based on the device selected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Prototype API - Access transitions, actions and targets for artboards and elements

I would love to be able to access information about a project prototype setup from the API. I'm building a tool for sketch currently that enables building sketch projects to functional web and mobile applications using webpack and react. The bit that is missing from sketch (possibly could come through SilverFlows) is info about relationships between views and how to transition. I see this being a very powerful API and certainly very useful for my own selfish needs.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. See a preview of the target artboard when drawing wires

When prototyping it is sometimes difficult to use the pick-whip to select the target screen if it is far away. The alternative is to choose the screen from the drop down menu, which I think works fine other than the fact that it requires you to be able to identify the screen is from the artboard name only. It would be helpful to see a preview of the artboard along with the name.

Additionally, it would be great if there was some visual cue as to what elements already have hotspots assigned to them. Right now it seems like you…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. File Properties for Imported Objects

A 'Properties' or Meta panel, different from a 'CSS' panel.

This panel would have information on imported or placed files and their attributes.

Files would have their source (src) property, original dimensions, size, etc. Maybe even a little thumbnail.

There would also be a way of changing the linked file, opening source file in associated software etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. XD vs Xd - XD looks like emoticon?

I don't know how about you guys, but each time I see XD like #AdobeXD on twitter etc. I think for like 0,1s about this crazy emoticon I was using a lot when I was young boy.

So then I decided to be serious and I was looking at this Adobe XD and tried to take it from branding perspective and even I thought it really looks good, but then, after few hours I've forgot about that, seen it again and again I thought about this crazy face.

Is it only me?

What you think about putting more pressure to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Draw rectangle with preset proportion (e.g. 16:9)

This is the very crucial thing in ui design to create consistent layouts.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Import photos from external services

Imported photos via Lightroom, google photos, dropbox as in Adobe Slate does.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Built-in file browser panel

Dropping images from Finder is cool, but it might not be tricky (especially if you've got single screen) to have Finder window and some element you want to have image applied visible at once.

Would be cool to have some kind of files browser inside XD

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change anchor point appearance to classic Adobe (or provide a setting to switch to it)

Million times I've heard designers from my network complaining about toy-like anchor points in Sketch. I've even read articles about this online (seriously, google it).

I think that as a real-world UX and UI tool Adobe XD is supposed to provide a sense of a precise and reliable mechanism that does the job, and it's already surpassing Sketch in this aspect, but the anchor points are killing it for me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Define aspect pixel ratio (support non-square pixels)

Some LCD pixels are non-square shape. For example, displays for industrial devices. In this case, the aspect ratio of the pixel remains close to square -- usually the difference between horizontal and vertical does not exceed 10%.

But nevertheless, the distortion of the elements due to this distinction can sometimes be seen on the display destination (target) device.

Propose to add the sizes for non-square pixels, and the simulation display similar to pixels on a computer screen of the designer (whose pixels are square) to display on the screen the designer was the same as it is on the screen…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base