Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to turn off Coediting

Add the ability to turn off coediting. It's creating all kinds of issues, and can't be turned off. It's absolutely appalling that this feature would be introduced without the ability to turn it off after enabling it.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove forced cloud storage and remove cloud storage as default

My team cannot use Adobe's cloud for collaboration. We must be able to create a document without automatically saving the document to Adobe's cloud. Further, for a desktop app, local storage should be the default and CMD+S should work as expected.

Updating XD and finding that our documents no longer existed on our desktop was unexpected and we've lost time figuring out where our documents went and figuring out how to restore our workflow, and we will continue to lose time deleting files from Adobe's cloud and dealing with duplicate files every time someone forgets to explicitly save a file…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Open local documents from Welcome Screen

Give us back the option to open files from "My Computer" on the XD "Home" screen. I used to have this option, but in the current version, it no longer appears. I'm unable to open and existing file from the Adobe XD Home screen unless it was one of the most recent files.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Revert to previous file version

I have created a linked Design System file and now one of the designers has overwritten some of my elements. I can go back in the version history and open a version before the mistake was made but I can't revert to that version. Because many files link to the source Design System file, I can't just make a new one and send it out — the orginal linked file needs to be maintained.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. WebAIM accessibility plugin

Accessibility plugin to test a design's accessibility with WebAIM https://webaim.org. Or the ability for a prototype to be read by the WAVE Web Accessibility App. https://wave.webaim.org

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Renaming multiple layers at once

I was trying to rename multiple layers at once but I can only select 1 layer at a time when I search on the layers panel. XD does not allow me to select multiple layers right now.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Windows 10 Start menu icon

The icon for Adobe XD in the Windows 10 Startmenu does not have the same style as the other Adobe-apps. It has white background and the logo is much bigger.
    This is when the icon is set to the size "Small". When set to "Medium" it looks ok.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug > Every time I update a nested component the component that contains it disappears

I have icon component that has different states and it is used inside my field component, so every time I update my icon component in my master files I go back to my mockup file and I see my field components disappear from my artboard. Can you please fix this bug it is causing a lot of issues to me when working.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dividers in CC library window

Abilty to have dividers or grouping of folders in the library file. Currently I have a lot of groups of things in one long list i have created folders just as dividers so i can better group folders of content but having built it dividers would solve this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Swatch .SVG

Swatch .svg files that are created in illustrator should be compatible in Adobe XD like it is in other Adobe products.

Currently .svg files that include a swatch pattern turn black when imported into Adobe XD. I was told that this feature is not available in XD.

A swatch .svg is used at times to help lower files size for better website performances. I use/create them in illustrator and would love to have them compatible with Adobe XD so the assets can easily be shared and downloaded via XD link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Feature Requests/bug report images on full screen

when visualising post images for the Feature request on the adobe website (not the app), you cant go back to the page once you click the supporting image posted bye a user when requesting a feature or reporting a bug.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ctrl + Shift + Tab should navigate to previous mode

For now, Ctrl+tab navigating to next tab (design > prototype > share). But Ctrl+shift+tab not navigating to the previous tab (design < prototype < share)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use coediting with secondary CC account email

My primary email for my Adobe ID is my personal email (personal@email.com), but I'm a contractor with a temporary company email, which I've set as my secondary email (work@company.com). The designers I'm collaborating with are sending me the invitations to my secondary (company) email, but I get a message saying "I don't have permission to open this file". It would be great if I could use my secondary email as well for co-editing, because as a contractor, I won't be needing access to those files once my work is done and my work email has been…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add native ARM64 support

Adobe XD is incompatible with newer Windows 10 devices such as the Surface Pro X and Samsung Galaxy Book S running on ARM based Qualcomm chipsets. Microsoft seems to be developing Windows 10 more around ARM and the platform would really benefit from software such as XD.

I personally just received my Pro X and it is unfortunate that XD will not run at all on it.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The text tool is stuck and cannot be used.

The text tool is stuck and cannot be used.

Unable to select text modification

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Being able to save a file in the Cloud and at the same time locally

It would be great, if Xd could save a file in the cloud, and parallel also a copy of the same file locally.

If I work on sensitive projects, I am being asked to also have local copies of the file, in case something goes wrong in the cloud. It would really help, if I didn't had to do this manually.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Default CC Library to open view by group

I have created group folders for my assets in the library file but each time I open I have to choose to view by group as the default is by type. And sharing the lbrary with the team also presents the same issue. Whichever state the library was last saved in should be the default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Default folders to collapsed in CC Library panel

When opening a library file it would be good to have the folders collapsed or have a choice of collapsing all at once. Otherwise its complete overwhelming as a starting point.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Just change one word in the German version of Adobe XD

I really enjoy working with CC libraries. But within the German version of Adobe XD it's called "CC-Bibliotheken" in the menu but the panel is named "CC Libraries".

So please change the wording from "CC-Bibliotheken" to "CC Libraries" to make it consistent.

Thanks!
    Rainer

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Exporting finished animation/prototype as .mp4

While recording an animation is possible, it makes workflow difficult for transitioning time-based auto-animated clips for use in Premiere Pro. There's supposed to be a way to export for after effects but I've never been able to make it work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base