Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Folders for cloud documents

Our team names xd files to link to jira tickets. It'd be very helpful for the cloud to have a folder structure for separating releases into batches.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manage access rights for cloud documents (view-only, read-only)

I manage sticker sheets for my UX team. It is too easy for anyone including myself to accidentally make undesired adjustments to the sticker sheet which will be pushed to everyone that I have shared it with.

There needs to be a toggle to switch between edit mode and view mode so these mistakes are avoided.

I would also like to be able to set varying security rights so that some people will be able to edit and others will only be able to view.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. UI kit for chat bot experiences

When you model a marketing campaign that uses chatbots you need to have a visual representation of the algorithm by which your lead will go through in order to implement it right in a chatbot automation software.
    That is why It would be nice to have kits for modeling chatbot conversations and be able to play them as you do with prototyped mobile or desktop UIs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make installation via system account (Windows 10, enterprise env.), wo. a user profile available at the time of the installation possible

Currently it's not possible to deploy XD via MS SCCM because SCCM uses the system account which has no profile. This is a no no for large scale environments. If you let users manage their software each of them works with another version of the same product, which eventually leads to countless support calls ("why can't I access the XD files of team A? Why uses he features I don't have?") Furthermore you can't uninstall properly software via SCCM, if the user installed the respective Software, because the user has a profile where as the system account doesn't. Currently I'm…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Top Navigation Pane (Windows)

You really can make it true
    And Windows UWP Guidelines allows it
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/design/controls-and-patterns/navigationview

See my example.

Why is this valuable to me?
    This (top menu pane) more convenient for me, and lot of other people, burger menu is painful option for all Windows users

Thank you.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Save as dialog confusion

After update this dialog box confuses and I find its very complicated. Please use system UI instead of this new one. Because I rename the file and when I hit enter it saves in last location without asking me.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Quicker navigation to plugins pane on Windows

Accessing plugins on Windows is a minimum of 3 clicks (usually 4 since most plugins have their own sub-menu). This is very tiresome with the workflow of most plugins, which require you to rerun them anytime you want to try a different feature or change something. Mac users have a native top navigation bar, so plugins are only 1-2 clicks away for them, which is an improvement but still pretty annoying with some plugins.

The current Windows workflow for interacting with a plugin is this:
    Hamburger Menu>Plugins>"Plugin">"Plugin Option"

There are several ways this could be improved for Windows users (and…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adjust Save As dialog to make it easier to save

With the new update it became more annoying to save files. To achieve the same purpose have increased clicks to do (just to push the save on Adobe cloud that frankly I do not care at all). Moreover, the "save as" has become a "save a copy" even if the name in menu is just "save as". This means that the word "copy" is inserted automatically in the file title. I have never seen a person of common sense use the suffix "copy" on the naming of the files but rather a sequential number. So I'm forced every time to…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remember Window Size

It would be nice if the initial start window (in Windows 10) would save its last size and restore it when it is started again. Or at least save it, when it was full expanded and do it again when started again.

Otherwise, the window is rather small and it is not possible to see all recent work files all at once.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show local link to cloud document (but still edit offline)

With the new version of XD, you now have 2 options to Save: Cloud Documents, Your Computer...

Say I've saved a file to Cloud Documents. If I want to work on this file offline, I have to plan ahead to save this file to my computer too; that's double the clicks. And I have to remember which file is the most up-to-date to replace the old one, which is not good user experience in terms of human memory. Can we have an option to automatically save a copy to our computers with Automatic Sync?

While I'm at it, can I…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Open XD files in older versions

Possibility to open new XD files in older versions of XD

for example for sharing with external programmers who have older XD versions. now they can't open files.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring the Clear Recents menu item back

Thought that the ability to clear the recent list used to be available but not seeing it anymore in the File > Open Recent menu. If it's gone—please bring it back.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change keyboard shortcut to tilde to launch assets panel

Exactly as the title says bruh

Tilde-key to expand Assets panel like in After Effects

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change default save location to local file system

XD insists on saving my documents to Cloud Documents by default all the time. I haven't made such a decision and there's' no way of changing the default. I wanna save to "Your Computer" all the time. I really miss a "Remember this choice" option. Please stop making decisions on my behalf Adobe.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Latest version number

There is no official indication of the latest version number (cf. PS https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/kb/uptodate.html). Please post this information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Better plugin management interface; filters, sorting, what's new, tags, what's popular, ratings and feedback

As more and more plugins are added the the Xd ecosystem, this will quickly become an over-saturated market where distinguishing between high-quality, helpful tools and junk addons will become very difficult.

It will also become increasingly difficult to view, manage, update, and check out new plugins. I would love to see some better filtering options so I can quickly see what's new, what's trending, which of my current plugins need updates, etc. Tagging and categorizing plugins, providing popularity, feedback and ratings would also help establish a better experience for all users.

I also find many plugins so far do not…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Search XD file content from Finder

Sometimes I remember the name of a button or notes I left in the document. And it would be very helpful to allow macOS to index files plain text content and make it searchable by Finder! Same applicable to Windows/Explorer combination.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. SVG import and export with bounding box

I regularly need to drop an SVG, created with Illustrator, into XD, but it loses the invisible bounding box.
    The same thing for export – there just one way to make an asset with a bounding box, and that’s make an invisible rectangle in the icon, but that results in messy code that needs to be cleaned up later for our developers.

It’s basically this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/20219551-while-importing-svg-s-it-does-not-include-boundin

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Move top bar menu (on left) to right, above menu panel to allow for easy switching

It would be great if you could switch between Design & Prototype menus right there at the right-side panel. It's a little thing, but it would save us from moving back/forth across the screen to change menus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base