Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe XD to Flutter

It will be great to add an export option from Adobe XD to flutter

322 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

83 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export to PDF: Problem with masked images in a shape

Hi,
    When I export my artboards to PDF format, Images which are masked with shape are misplaced. I've attached the images from my Artboard and image from the exported PDF format for the comparison & reference. Please look into it as soon as possible.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Exporting animations into .json file (from XD) without using After effect & Lottie

Add the possibility to export micro-animations directly into .json files from Adobe XD.

The process for creating a micro-animation for native iOS & Android app is a real, real pain in the a**. For now, we need to export the design into After Effect, then animate it (again) to export it with Lottie.

Since Adobe XD can create animations pretty easily with auto-animate, we should be able to export an animation straight into .json file (without using After Effect and Lottie). That feature would let us save a lot of time!

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export to Photoshop / PSD format

this is very important feature, that will make life of many designers and their clients much better

1,373 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

331 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export without border radius and shadow

Border radius, shadow and stroke in XD project are excellent, but why do I have to export jpg assets with it? On web these thing are made by css code. Please add functionality to export images just cropped to the size set in project, but without added border radius, shadow and stroke.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve jpg export quality

I used to po design websites in Photoshop, now i've switched to XD and it's a good change instead of exporting assets to actually build a website. I made a test and exported the same image in the same size by photoshop and XD. Even if Photoshop export is 55% quality it's still better than 100% quality in XD. Why? And no, I'm not interested in 2x image when I need 1x size on website. Please, fix the exporting to be the same as in Photoshop. Now the quality is unacceptable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Auto Create Pattern Library (Design Library, Asset Library or Element Library)

It would be really handy to have a feature where you could go File > Create > Pattern Library

Then the whole file you have open would then be used to create a Library for the project

It would out put a new file with the following:

• one art board with all the font stylings listed out

• Colours

• all assets to export on an artboard

• art board with all the desktop components

• art board with all the mobile components - and have these linked back to previous file you worked from

This way then you can refine all you have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Batch export assets for selected artboard

It would be nice to be able to select an artboard and batch export all assets on that artboard only.

I work on several pages that are updated weekly and so I have one XD file for the entire week. Each page is it's own project and the assets need to be uploaded to dev in separate locations so being able to select one artboard and only export assets on that artboard would be super helpful!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Local" master component that is still a linked component

Example scenario:

I have 2 documents:
    - a library file/design system
    - project file 1

I have imported the assets and components from my library file into the project file. I reuse a particular button (a linked component) many times throughout the project file.

Now when I go to prototype: all instances of the button in the project file should be prototype linked to the same artboard. Because my "master" component is technically the one in the library file, I can't include the prototype link as part of the component. This means I have to set up a separate prototype…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SVG Data

The exported SVG Data often includes unnecessary tags like transform which make the SVGs really difficult to use in-line. We optimize all of our SVG code to be as minimal as possible and removing the transform attributes creates a lot of problems - thus making it so I have to export my SVG graphics from AI instead of XD (which is so much simpler).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Component hierarchy

Please add a feature for components to have a hierarchy, a parent-child relationship, that can be created using a drag & drop to group items (nested sorting), or by having a specific symbols as delimiter in the component name, such as / (ie. a path).

This would be very useful when designing components with different states, such as a button can have a default, hover, focus and disabled states. You would then create a single Button (default), and under it different states such as Primary and Secondary, then Hover, Focus, Disabled and you could explore these in a dropdown menu…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export artboard with blend mode

When I'm trying to export an artboard, the content with a blend mode applied doesn't export correctly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix export asset image size issue

Ok, I've noticed this issue as a bug. When you export, say a .png, at design size, it's the right size (@1x). When you export for web @2x from the program, it actually sizes down @1x to be half the size, and @2x to be the original size, which is opposite of what you want.

Weirdly enough, in developer specs, the assets are exported at the right size (@1x - Design size and @2x), double the pixel size of the design size.

Can you please fix this?! This has been this way for a while.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Download Asset in platform specific file name format

Since iOS filenaming convention doesn't allow "_" and Android Asset naming convention doesn't all "-" can the asset names be renamed internally when we choose either iOS or Android Platform?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Resize in Export

It should be possible to resize boards in export like in Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Animation specs

Developers use educated guess work when it comes to making animations based on designs.

Just like normal design specs, we need animation specs to be able to hand off design that contain motion and transition information. a way to clarify animation and eliminate guess work for developers.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Slug area export artboard(s)

It would be nice if there is a slug area just as indesign where you can add aditional information and export it for our clients or developing team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Settings for image export

When I export assets from xd, it generally takes more space. And I can't directly import files from xd to photoshop, so first I have to import into illustrator and then to photoshop and then I can use save for web to optimize my assets.
    So please incorporate a feature so that I can directly export assets from xd with compression.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Export JPG at 3x

Please let me have my JPGs at 3x!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SVG should not transform translate

Exporting vector graphic shouldn't transform translate at all!
    When exporting e.g. icon why there is "data-name" and transform="translate"? Svg's are very often animated, or changed on hover. Sometimes element inside might be moving and translate is perfect for moving path where you cant change x and y. I understand maybe its faster for adobe xd to calculate translate when moving element but at least on export paths should be recalculated to have NONE of translate's. I'm not even sure if we can call it a feature, its more like bug that produces totally unnecessary attributes. When exporting, file should be…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base