Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export animated SVG

I was just thinking if there is a way to export interactions as animated SVG.

E.g. when you create a number of artboards for loading screens or splash screens for mobile app design in order to create an animation (logo movement, or colours etc), to be able to export that animation as a single animated svg file?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Layer blending modes need to be supported when exporting jpgs, pngs, pdfs etc...

Currently when trying to export a preview JPG or cut assets, if an asset layer uses a blending mode the exported file will ignore the blending mode and revert it to its original state.

Example, if you have a dark blue background color and want to create a glow with a white circle with a blur, setting the blending mode to overlay will change the color of this white glow to a lighter blue color of the background color - when exported to jpg or png it will appear white.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Exported artboard having issue with blend modes

Today I exported an artboard which has numbers of design elements having blend modes (darken, overlay, multiply etc) applied against primary background colors. The exported image (PNG / JPEG) was not in intended color like it seemed in XD; it has complete different color. It's clear that blend mode is not working properly in produced image. It's driving me real crazy. I can't show my work to the client. He won't accept my work until the issue is fixed.

I've attached 2 versions of images for the reference.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Message from Alex in the comments: Hello Ishwor, sorry to learn about your inconvenience.

I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue you’re describing, so I was wondering how you have brought the vector graphics into the design: did you import the entire design from another tool, or perhaps just the vector graphics? Any details on the process you’ve gone through while creating the design would help me and my team get to the bottom of this.

4. Alt text for images and other accessibility features when exporting to PDF

I make slideshows in XD and would love a way to add alt text to the images before I export. If the slideshow is very long, it is tedious to add alt tags and accessibility features in Acrobat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve jpg export quality

I used to po design websites in Photoshop, now i've switched to XD and it's a good change instead of exporting assets to actually build a website. I made a test and exported the same image in the same size by photoshop and XD. Even if Photoshop export is 55% quality it's still better than 100% quality in XD. Why? And no, I'm not interested in 2x image when I need 1x size on website. Please, fix the exporting to be the same as in Photoshop. Now the quality is unacceptable.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Component State Export

This is listed as implemented/completed but it is not. My second "State" of one of my components had to be 'ungrouped' from component for it to show up in the developer's assets view.

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38978644-component-states-to-development-design-specs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. In "PDF export", "opacity" is not output correctly

In the "PDF Export", the image with the opacity setting is not exported with the correct opacity. For example, the "opacity" value you have set: "10%" --> PDF export: "0%" and is hidden.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automatically mark components for export

All components and their instances should be automatically exportable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Optimize PDF size

PDF - export files too big in size -
    Unfortunately I must to agree with many other responders; exported pdf files are still to big.
    It looks like nothing has changed or is added to this issue. There should be some setting tools to specify the pdf size. Please, open these feature again...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export from XD to AE in HD

The main reason I decided to use XD was to be able to export easily to AE to animate and we should be able to choose between 1x, 2x or 3x resolution when exporting so we can create HD animation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. add size in assets

Hello, some of us asked for shadow in assets library. Could be nice to have size too ? So I could grab a button from my design system and then apply a specific size defined in my design system.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export text strings from Artboards to process then for multi-language support

Export/Import text strings used on the Artboards as csv, xsl or other formats so that the data can be used for processing multi-language support. This will allow developers to see how prototype look like for different language and allow translators to work with the strings.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Exporting animations into .json file (from XD) without using After effect & Lottie

Add the possibility to export micro-animations directly into .json files from Adobe XD.

The process for creating a micro-animation for native iOS & Android app is a real, real pain in the a**. For now, we need to export the design into After Effect, then animate it (again) to export it with Lottie.

Since Adobe XD can create animations pretty easily with auto-animate, we should be able to export an animation straight into .json file (without using After Effect and Lottie). That feature would let us save a lot of time!

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Export without border radius and shadow

Border radius, shadow and stroke in XD project are excellent, but why do I have to export jpg assets with it? On web these thing are made by css code. Please add functionality to export images just cropped to the size set in project, but without added border radius, shadow and stroke.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Run path operations on shapes grouped to bounding boxes.

Masked paths/shapes are revealed in js react. It would be nice to not have to do this manually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export responsive SVG

I'd like to export SVGs without coded width and height attributes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SVG is a different size than asset due to shadow

When exporting an asset with a shadow, the downloaded SVG doesn't contain that shadow, but the dartboard matches the size of the asset including the shadow.

So maybe the SVG should just be the size of the actual element without the shadow. Otherwise the SVG doesn't match in size when implemented.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Do Not Export option for components

We can already mark for export, but it would be very helpful if we could have a do not export option for components.

For example, I work on a lot of web banner ads and our prototypes in XD need to have the Google ads icon displayed on all banner ads. I've converted this icon into a component.

Before I hand the approved ads to our developer, I change the opacity of the master icon component to 0 and then export the artwork.

I wish we could select the component in the Components panel, right click on it and choose…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Full image export at original resolution (Export as source)

Hi,

Very often I use images inside a mask/frame but the devs need to be able to export/download the full image that exists inside a mask/frame, not just the image framed. Right now I'm forced to send the images to the devs and this should be all possible inside XD, that's what this application is about.

Sorry If I miss something, I couldn't find a way to do it. This is key.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make assets draggable to CC libraries

I'd like to drag and drop assets (color, components, styles) into the library panel with ease.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base