Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support RSS Library

As many designers will compare AdobeXD features with Sketch, and many Sketch Library use RSS feed to keep update their own librairies with users. I think it's a mandatory for BIG adoption by designers and companies to support RSS feeds like Sketch do.

Take a look :

As well as hosting your Libraries on Sketch Cloud, you can also host your Library file on any online server, publish an RSS that points to it, and have Sketch subscribe to the RSS to get updates when the Library is updated. To do that, just use a link in this form: sketch://add-library?url=URLEncodedPathToRSS

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adobe XD for Windows 32-bit

It would be nice for Adobe XD to work on 32-bit Windows. I have a laptop with 2 gigabytes of ram and a copy of 32-bit Windows 10 May Update. Can't update the memory because it is soldered onto the motherboard. And I can't get a new laptop. That version of XD will be very useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync plugins across devices for same account

I have All Apps CC Plan. I only get access to my XD plugins from one installation of XD whilst the other is blank. This sucks cause I spend a ton of time prepping XD with alot of plugins that I cherry picked, tried and tested, and it doesn't have any effect on my other XD installment on the SAME CC license. It should be shared installments so we avoid repeating tedious tasks like this.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Annotate linked assets

共有されたアイテム一覧にメモ欄を追加

共有されたアイテムが何のファイルなのかがファイル名だけではわかりにくいので添付ファイルのようにメモを残せるようにして欲しい。

Add a note field to the shared item list

Since it is difficult to understand what a shared item is a file by just the file name, I want you to be able to leave a memo like an attached file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Invite to Document - Accept Changes

The prompt message that shows upon any changes made by the invitees, would be even more helpful if it can be accessed manually at any point of time (or atleast stays there all the time just like "missing fonts" message), which would actually keep us posted on the "changes" status and never miss out them. Also, adding to it, just like someone said in the discussion already - to opt in/out for auto "accept changes".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Plugin Categories

Is there a categories for Plugins? This would help organize the plugins and allow for searching within the plugin category.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Online hub / more details for XD plugins

The idea would be to make a website so people can see the plugin's functionality in detail and images/video for plugin in adobe xd. The idea would be similar to the slack apps site, github, electron, etc.

I believe this would greatly help the use of plugins, even to fully understand the functionality of the plugin and download only those that you will use.

I mention this because of the experience I have in using these other services and their plugins / apps, regarding the use of plugins with adobe xd, which does not detail both their plugins.

I think…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dribbble Plugin: Upload a gif of animated user interfaces

The Dribbble plugin can only share static imagery. I want to immediately share my animations made in Adobe XD without going to After Effects.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. HTML panels / JSX scripts integration

Please add such functionalities to allow development of custom html5 panel extensions and jsx scripts.
    Thank you.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Plugins to export native production code

like sketch or another apps, they have plugins to export to swift ( UI ) or another platform in web or android, it's make it easier and better than build design again on swift or android studio.

Thanks

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export to Epub format

Would be great if epub format is supported. This is preferred for ebooks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Connect with existing API for data

We all need sample data as designer to fill our preview ! Sample data is great. But sometime you work on redesigning existing website/app/whatever so there is already an API with all the data you need. I'd love to have a feature that allow me to make request from a specific API to have revelant data !

Since video is better than words. I'd love to have that for Adobe XD :

(sorry if someone already talk about it)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export to Muse CC

It would be so useful to layout your designs in XD and then to export them straight to muse in the .muse format to refine or to be able to open an XD widget in Muse to prototype your iPhone layout, for example.

277 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  71 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Adobe Typekit

Would love to work with My Typekit fonts inside XD. UX design without Character Panels such as in Illustrator is almost illegal.

201 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  7 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dynamic translation of text in my design

I'm creating an app which will need to be converted into multiple languages. It would be great to see integration with some like Google Translate in order to view my design in multiple languages.

Whilst not perfect, this would give me a good idea of any issues that may arise down the development line.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. JSON Import/Syncing

Similar to being able to populate repeat grids with drag/drop, allow them to be populated by JSON data. See: https://www.designernews.co/stories/51165-designing-with-data-sketch--json

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A complete product for designer to create app

I am extremely sorry, but sharing just a thought which may not part of this product, but might its related to all our UX designer thinking/ feelings. We are really sensitive about out creativity, and do not wanted to give up while its getting developed/ or do not wanted to depend on someone.

What if Adobe come up a complete end to end product for UX professional or UI experts, where they do not need to code a single line and create a complete product which will be a tough competition to XCODE or respective application.

May be the basic…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Access camera on mobile device

What if you through the link could acces the camera for apps where photosharing is key ?

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  2 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable access to metadata and layers for symbols in the plugin API

Increase the meta and variable access of layers or Symbols for plugins, such as quickly generating templates.

增加 图层或 Symbol 的 meta 存储和 variable 访问,用于 plugin,例如快速生成模板。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base