Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change owner of cloud document

A member of our team is leaving. The only way we can change ownership of her files is to have her download them and share them locally. This is fine and all but it breaks all the links to the document so I have to go into the various places we share the link, like JIRA, and add new links.

I would prefer that we could just change ownership of the file to another team member.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove Share in keyboard shortcut when tabbing between Design, Prototype, Share

Love the new update with states, versioning and co-editing!!! Awesome!!!

Though there's one thing in the new update that is quite annoying. When working I always tab between between Design and Prototype mode using Ctrl + tab. The new update expects me to Design then prototype and then share. I feel the share screen gets in the way when toggling between design and prototype.

For me my workflow is:
    Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype (and then Share after many iterations)

The new change "forces" me to go to the Share screen after each prototype…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Flow view share link

Currently the URL for a shared link is the same between GRID view and FLOW view. Is it possible to have a separate link for these. Eg. https://xd.adobe.com/view/unique-id/grid and https://xd.adobe.com/view/unique-id/flow ?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search document in cloud

Hello, I need search button to search document in cloud. Please add search option. currently its very difficult to find specific document on cloud storage.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Revert to previous 'Share' UI

The previous 'Share' UI was fast, simple, and easy to use.

This new UI is confusing, unnecessary, and wasteful. Was it designed by the same people who created the new AdobeCC UI????

A) The new 'Share' Tab is useless. I can already see what I'm sharing on either of the other tabs - having a 3rd tab is completely asinine unless there is some helpful functionality to this screen/view.

B) The only functionality I have in this state is 'zoom' - a state I cannot exit once I've clicked on the 'zoom' tool. AND the keyboard/mouse shortcut I actually use…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Comments should allow mentioning users from your team and guests

At the moment, the mentioning functionality becomes populated with users only after they have posted a comment (refer to screenshots), even when the link is viewed by users within the same team (account type - wise).

However, if we delete an user's comments, mentioning doesn't reflect that (still shows that user in the list), so we are currently doing that to simulate the feature.

It would be very helpful if there was this flexibility in working collaboratively with XD, as my team is trying to evangelise using this product to management over other competitors.

Moreover, mentioning is only available for…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Categorize comments

I'd like to be able to tag/categorize comments

Use case: To distinguish between notes related to design, development, copywriting etc.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove a user from all shared prototypes and design specs

When someone needs to be removed from all mockups its a long and painful process. Can we have something that allows us to "cut someone off" without having to find out which mockups they have access to and then go into each mockup one at a time to remove them. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Zoom in shared prototype

PLEASE add a Zoom capability for "Share for Review" public links. Unbelievable that when sharing a URL with a client of a website that is 1920x5950 that there is no way to zoom the image to fill the full width of the screen so they can actually read the text and see what their web page will look like. Why does the public link only allow the full height of the artboard to be displayed and not allow a zoom-and-scroll functionality? We've had to resort to sharing designs in Dropbox and using that zoom and comment functionality because XD never…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Comments - @ Mentions should notify the email

In the comments when a mention (@) is used with an email - for e.g. @someone@something.com - It should send an email / notify that email about the comment. That way the user can action that comment. Invision has this feature and is such an important feature.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Team projects / team cloud storage

I want it so that the cloud space would work as a team space, not only the individual users.

team cloud space

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Share groups of shared prototypes

After you Publish links they will appear in your personal "Published" section- and right now there is only possible to do two actions: Copy Link or Permanently Delete.

Is there a possibility to make a feature that will enable to " Share " or " Share all" these published links so they will appear in the " Shared With You " section of other members? (or another section just a suggestion).

If you have a big project and already have 100+ links there is really challenging to find, manage them or review them. Even If you are using JIRA or…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save full artboard in sharing mode.

An option to save the full layout as a PNG or JPG.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show scroll bar in published prototypes

When you share a prototype with a client, it isn't immediately obvious that the design is scrollable. I have had a couple of instances of clients not knowing that the designs continue below the fold. An obvious scroll bar added to the prototype view when shared would solve this.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 'Flow view' in shared web prototype

Please add the flow view also in the 'Share for review' link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ensure Design Specs and Prototypes look significantly different

Share for Review & Share for Development are so similar in terms of interface and it's so confusing because I end up commenting on the wrong one every time since they look too much the same.

It would be better if for e.g. the Developer's one has a different Background etc...

And please, although there is already a request for it, add the get/send notifications for updates

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. save for web feature like photoshop for exporting assets

When I export assets from xd, it generally takes more space. And I can't directly import files from xd to photoshop, so first I have to import into illustrator and then to photoshop and then I can use save for web to optimize my assets.
    So please incorporate a feature so that I can directly export assets from xd with compression.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Return the flow switcher please!

After the latest updates I could not find how to switch the view of all screens from the grid to the flow in dev mode. That's too bad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tag comments as !Important

Add a button or some way to allow the commenter or Owner to mark comments as "Important". This would visually change the comment itself as well as the pin, if it's pinned. The button or status could also be clicked again/removed to allow the comment to go back to normal status and not Important.

Attached is a quick example of what could be done, to allow the eyes to quickly see what's been marked priority over other comments.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Share UI should be “usability testing” not “user testing”

The November release is fantastic. But I noticed in the share UI the drop down says user testing. User testing implies you are testing the user. This is the exact opposite of what we are trying to accomplish. Usability testing is more accurate because you are testing the usability of the design. Would love to see the wording change and I bet I’m not the only one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base