Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unable to access any of my XD prototypes

Hi, this is to inform you that I've a premium version of XD but when I open any of my cloud protype I get an error "Something went wrong, You can try accessing the link again, if the error persist. report the error"

Please imminently look into it and solve I have very urgent presentation with the Managers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Blurry Proto Types

Why are prototypes so blurry. clients cant read them?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix sharing and prototype publishing. I have grown tired of your ERROR 130. All my user tests have to be rescheduled until XD works again.

Fix sharing and prototype publishing. I have grown tired of your ERROR 130. All my user tests have to be rescheduled until XD works again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When copying an element, also copy it's prototype transition.

When i have a common element in multiple art-boards, and i copy this element from one art-board to the others, there should be an ability to also copy it's prototype settings so that we don't have to repeat the transitions of this element in every art-board.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Drag + previous artboard (bug)

I like very much to implement 3 horizontal scroll elements in one artboard. I have 4 artboards with different states for mentioned elements. I want to show for my customer reverse drag, but interaction/trigger: DRAG doesn't work with action: previous artboard. It swich on tap instantly, it should be selectable and work properly. Looks like bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Trigger for show/hide elements

Is it possible to hide and show an element on a page when it is clicked on, without having to make a new artboard which shows that element? Would save a lot of time when prototyping checkboxes, radiobuttons, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. .exe export

Hi
    I needed to .exe export when I create a project demo on prototyping mode to sending this export to the manager or somebody that he doesn't have XD on his Computer.
    please add .exe export in this section.
    thank's a lot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Prototype: Intern Testing / Intern Link

A Standart Prototype Mode Besides "User Testing" should be intern Testing,
    Fullscreen, no hints, comments on.

I´d appreciate separat Links for intern feedback - its kinda annoying to Sit in a Meeting presenting a Design to a Customer with little comments of your collegues popping up.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. You can actually create and maintain separate links within XD – simply create a New Link in Share Mode and publish. You’ll be able to switch back and forth and update both links separately. Hope that helps!

9. Animation bug

Animations don't work with image:
    First work good if image are in rectangle shape
    Second don't work duration of animation if i change in Photoshop image

I want same effect like first example

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Copy/Paste a wire or move wire to different asset

Example: I have a tap trigger, auto-animating to the next screen when tapping the entire screen. The more work I do, I realize I want to keep that effect but move it to a button instead of the entire screen being the trigger.

It would be great if I could move that wire from the entire initial artboard to a button element or maybe copy the wire, delete it, paste it onto the button. As of now I have to delete it, redraw it, remember what timing/easing I used originally and re-create.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Speech Playback available for prototypes

When sharing prototypes people are not able to preview speech playback and voice interactivity unless they have an XD account.

I have been told that this was designed like this for security reasons. Not sure what the security reason is?!

Being able to share voice is a huge reason I started using XD for prototyping.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your question! Here’s the info from Mark Webster: Yep, we require a login for security reasons. As you noted, you don’t need to be a customer, you can use a free account, but we need to have some sort of authorized user making a request of the voice service.

12. Great Job

No idea just some positive feedback. Loving the November states feature :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Auto-animate in overlay

I'd like to see auto-animate enabled in an overlay, for example in a prototype on an art board a user selects an element which reveals an overlay, and in the overlay a user can drag an element such as a panning navigation. Doable?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Transitions & Animations

I just wanted to suggest that XD should provide transitions and animations just like the PROTOPIE does. There are few things that cannot be done in XD easily this is where protopie come in. Kindly provide features like PROTOPIE ! Thanks!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, this is too vague of a suggestion. Can you give us examples of individual features you’re missing from ProtoPie that you’d like to see in XD? If you file them here as individual requests (one ticket per request), it’ll be easier for us to merge with other similar requests. Thanks!

15. XD App loading screen Hangs / Freeze Fix

I have found a Bug when using special characters and want to preview it on the App.

My XD App kept on crashing during loading screen of an artboard or file.
    I have found the problem.
    It was when I was using special characters such as "Ⓒ" even with the font-type Roboto .. that it crashes.

When removing this the artboard loaded normally

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bring back copy pasting interactive links

Yo bring back copy pasting interaction links. Links inside of symbols, or copy pasting from one doc to another. Just bring those m-f back. This new update messed that up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix position when Scrolling- Shifted to Prototype mode

In your XD tutorial, the part 7, The "Fix position when scrolling" is not anymore in the Design mode. But it is shifted to the prototype mode. Please change this in the tutorial as it is very confusing who is learning as he/she can't find that option in the Design mode.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In the case of overlay, can use auto-animate

In the case of overlay, can use auto-animate

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Layers for overlays

If you used Layers to position the overlays, the positioning of elements would be MUCH easier and utilize the same resolution. Currently, the overlays have a difficult time with font resolution. Almost like it is using a low-res jpg/png/gif.

When using the Layer method, the connection would display the layer is the proper position.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Replace Artboard Action

I've had this idea for prototypes and things and thought of the switches. But when you leave that artboard and go back it's back to where it originally was. So what if there was an action for replacing an artboard so that once something links to that artboard it'll go the the artboard that replaced it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base