Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Double-clicking Objects in the Layers Panel Should Allow Title Editing of that Layer

I wanted to change the name of the artboard I was working on, so I double clicked it circa PS behavior, and expected to have the field be editable, to change the name but it did not. I'd rally like it match other Adobe products in terms of constancy of interface.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add new elements in Master Component

Feature:
    There should be a way to add new elements to already created components.

Requirement Reason:
    This way we wouldn't need to ungroup the component to add the new element every time. The requirement usually occurs in incremental design when we need to modify an already existing component and also when you miss out some elements before marking group of elements as your component.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Save Files Locally

After upgrading to 29.1.32, I am not able to create a new local file, or "Save as" locally. I can only save to cloud or create new documents on the cloud.

This is not a good user experience!

Please help! :(

Please help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Replacing component with another component

An ability to replace a selected component on an artboard with any other master component in the document; would improve workflow speed for testing ideas or managing complex design systems.
    Something like a right click option could be quick for the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Open anchor points and corner radius

If the adobe can provide the functionality to remove anchor point and so the rectangle will be open right now if you remove also it will be a close object and one more thing if you create an open square with pen tool it restrict designer to give a corner redius. If you can provide my feedback to adobe XD development time that would be good for next update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow a unique "hover" state for each "new" state

States are great, BUT, I always thought the idea was that they could be an easy change mechanism for all components, thus it would be nice that for every "new state" that gets added from the menu, each could have its corresponding hover state. Otherwise, a new component has to be created for each one and thus making "new state" only really viable for components that are non-interactive (like status indicators).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. You can actually create hover interactions between states in Prototype Mode; the “hover” is just a shortcut to create your first hover state. I’ve attached an animated GIF that shows you how to do this between any state you want. Hope this helps!

7. Separate component states from variants

Instead of managing all the different variations of a component using states, allow switching of variants with their own set of states. Technically you could add new components for each variant but being able to select a variant from a dropdown would be a neat way to organise groups of components and switch between their variants and associated states. An example would be having a solid button and an outline button as part of the same component, and these would have their own set of states when you switch between variants. This would be far neater than having states for…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Turn Off Automatic-Quotation Marks

An option to not automatically turn double primes/inch marks into quotation marks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. This correction is actually set in your operating system with the dictionary integration. You can turn this off in your computer’s keyboard settings under text: “Use smart quotes and dashes”

9. ^control Command C no longer work in XD!!! Please FIX!!!!

Some bug is preventing me from using this shortcut key and it's interrupting my design flow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug: Elements jump all over place, while dragging

Since last week I have big troubles with bigger components (as in many elements in one component). When trying to resize elements or push them a little aside, they jump all over the part, stretch weirdly out or just disappear into a -1 px border ...

It looks like there is an invisible element with a "wrapping around" feature like picutres and boxes in InDesign have for text. Please help. All I can do to "fix" it is creating a new status and rebuild it, but then I have to change all child-components in all documents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Overrides in linked components get erased

When I make changes in components from a linked documents in my current document, these overrides get erased when I make minor changes in the parent document.

Case:
    I have a master file with all my components, and a mock-up file. I copy my input field with the placeholder text "Lorem Ipsum" from my master file into my mock-up file. I change the placeholder text into "last name". Now, if I change the border color of the input field in the master file from grey to blue the component not only changes the border color in my mock-up file, but…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can't edit text

When I select on a text, XD freeze and I can't edit the text or even see writing courser

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG: Losing layers off canvas

When I move some sections off screen (totally off canvas) I am then lose parts of them once I let go (off canvas). I have copied the whole project into a new workspace and it works fine. What is going on?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More robust SVG export

XD hangs when exporting a complex vector (in my case c. 800KB in size). Illustrator has no issue handling this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sounds good! Thanks for getting back to us. If you see this again, please do reach out to us with an asset so that we can try to address it on our side. (You’ll probably get a faster response on the customer forums as well, which I know you’re well aware of.)

15. Paste SVG code into Adobe XD

It would be awesome to simply take SVG code and paste it into Adobe XD to create the object instead of saving an SVG as a file and then copy it into Adobe XD. Figma does that pretty well and it helps with projects where I need to grab logos from the browser.

Go into the browser, select a logo, click "inspect", select the SVG code, go to Adobe XD, then CMD-V and the object shows up on the artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. XD内不显示已安装的字体

我安装了近百种字体,但是XD内无法使用,win10系统。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

感谢您提交机票! 这似乎是一个错误,而不是功能请求,因此,您绝对应该在社区支持论坛上提交此文件。 https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/bd-p/xd?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

此消息已被机器翻译。

Thanks for filing a ticket! This seems like a bug and not a feature request, so you should definitely file this on the Community Support Forum. https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/bd-p/xd?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Object snap to guides

I see that we can snap to grid, which is great, but being able to snap objects to guides is equally important when a layout does not conform to a grid.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove all bugs

I can spend hours attempting to do the simplest things in this app using the latest version on Catalina. PowerPoint is better than Adobe's idea of a working XD design app. Thank you for charging us on a monthly basis for buggy products. It's not like you have competition. Oh wait, you do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Guides have stopped working as of the latest update

I know this isn't the right place for bugs, but I'm not going to bother navigating this mess of a web page: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Guides have stopped working as of the latest update

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base