Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. XD version for local cloud government organizations

I'm working in a government organization that is disconnected from the internet, so we can't work with ADOBE XD,
    I would like to request that you consider the possibility of publishing a version for government organizations that work on an internal network so we can work with XD without losing the capabilities of the tool
    or let me know if there is any solution for this kind of environment

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

27 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete shared links directly from within XD

It should be possible to delete a shared link within the file or at least regenerate a link, not only through the link manager.
    For example, if I use a file created for project A for another purpose (project B), the existing link is no longer relevant for the project B but is still relevant for project A. So I need manage this link within the file

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Organize artboards by user flows + TOC menu

We need an easy way of organizing artboards by user flows. I have multiple projects with 100+ pages and mutliple flows within them. When you do prototypes for functional things, you can't always just make one big prototype. Due to different user roles, states, etc. They can't be connected and you end up having mutiple flows to account for when you go to publish. Its all a big pain to manage.

My current workaround is to visually group my artboards together and put a big label above them for identification (see screenshot). I then add a "table of contents" menu…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Publishing - choose what & how to publish

Hello,

I love Adobe Experience Design but I something find myself overwhelmed while working (because I like to organize certain stuff in certain ways). For that I thought about a solution that may help others too.

Publishing without linking (I'm currently working on a project and I have to do changes pretty often because I have to add/replace/change pages and locations and I have to start re-linking everything a lot)
    Publish only the "checked" artboards (for example, I want to publish only the homepage and login page, but for now, in order to do that I have to link only…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to maintain comments/pins when creating new link

As you're aware, comments/pins can be applied to a prototype once a link has been generated. However, if a new link has been generated since the previously generated link, then the previously applied pins are erased. When generating a new link, introducing an option which allows the user to carry the pins over to the new link would be very useful feature.

Duplicating or resaving a document does not retain the comments/pins.

Perhaps having the option to apply comments directly within XD could be the way forward. This would allow the creator of the document to add notes, or even…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remember screens attached to share links, especially with multiple links in same file

I'm often designing for multiple user flows, and thought it would be nice to use the multiple share links feature to share separate links for each flow from the same file. It's dope that this can be done!

However, it's tedious and difficult to a) remember which home screen is attached to which shared link, and b) remember which screens were used in which share link. Sometimes one screen from one "flow" will link to another screen in a different "flow," for example, which makes it hard to deal with. Especially when making simple screen updates it's a lot of…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add zoom in/out shortcuts in share mode

Currently when you go to the share mode, the cursor automatically changes the drag mode. You can zoom in/out by clicking on the zoom tool at the top left or at by pressing Z in your keyboard.

I don't know if it was intentional to remove the alt + scroll to zoom shrortcut, but I think it would be best if we have that.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Update multiple publish links at the same time

As a Designer I want to create links that will not change during the project for iOS, Web and Android.

I want to be able to update all (iOS, Web, Android) in one click.
    I want to be able to generate a single link for both prototype and specs; all should be updated in one click.

In such case, the links should not be changed but stay the same.

Description
    Why is this valuable to you?
    Because when designing both iOS and Android applications from one XD file I cannot manage/update 2 spec links at the same time, and have…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Download Shared Link/ Prototype as clickable offline HTML

From previous outage and CC issues on May 27, It would be great if we can have backup plan when online assets, shared links could not be accessed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Share tab location in top bar is very inconvenient

I share often to see my design results. The share UI and share tab are now far apart so it has become a very frustrating workflow to go back and forth between tabs and the share UI panel. And there doesn't seem to be a keyboard shortcut to share that works (I'm on a PC).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change "Who has access" in Share from "Anyone with the link" to "Only invited people" easily

Hi, is there a way to change "Who has access" mode in Share from "Anyone with the link" to "Only invited people" easily? Right now the only way to do that is by creating a new link instead of simply changing the selection in "Who has access" dropdown and update it.

Will this be a possible update in the future?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Share prototype without interactions

Sometimes I need to get a prototype shared with devs so they can start working on some small piece of the software before I'm done, and to allow time for comments etc in my fast-paced work environment. I often find myself needing to share prototypes before I've started to make them interactive, when they're just in very early stages (sometimes just to show progress, sometime so devs can get a head start on basic styling / layout). However, right now the app won't allow me to share a prototype that has no interactions. This means I have to either add…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Direct shortcuts for tabs/workspaces (Design/Prototype/Share)

I used to cycle intensively and seamlessly between the Design and Prototype tabs with CTRT+TAB. Hundreds of time a day. It was easy, logical, productive.

But now the Share tab came alongside them. While sharing is crucial, it is not designing. Using CTRL+TAB now forces me constantly through the sharing mode, followed by an extra CTRL+TAB. Hundreds of time a day. It is pure repetitive noise for me.

I suggest any of these 2 simple solutions:

1 - Adding a direct shortcut for the tabs (eg: OPTION+1, OPTION+2, OPTION+3);

2 - Removing the Share mode as a tab alongside the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Two different types of sharing (as viewer or collaborator) should be in the same place

Two different types of sharing (as viewer vs collaborator) should be in the same place. Now the view share is on the top menu on the left, and the collaboration share is on the right with a user+

Super confusing and doesn't make sense

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Backwards compatability

Backwards compatability. You need to provide backwards compatability for files to be worked on by multiple people.
    This is unacceptable that you don't have this feature from the start. It should be a given that you don't need to be updated to the latest version of XD to work on a file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. multi Owner

I Need a differents designer to share a document not only one. -> multi owner, or give sharing right to another people.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. My clients can't see the prototipe because it asks them for a password

Please help, sometimes my clients can't see the work because XD ask them for a password which I never created.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sharing Artboards

Hi. Feels the sharing needs to be less restrictive. I should be able to select any artboard and share just those.

Right now it only shares ABs if they are linked together in a prototype. This is very frustrating.

In Abstract they have a feature called "collections" this allows us to select any ABs and share just those as a unit. I think this is the way XD needs to go.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable link publish to existing prototypes for new copy of the document

I often annotate up a lot of comments for developers as notes. If I then save a new version of the design I want to be able to update my existing developments spec link but I only have the option to make a new link. Having the option to select the prototype I would like to update would be best.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Folders for grid view in shared design specs

The grid page to view all pages on design review can get too busy when have a lot of pages/design. I would like this 'grid' page to be able to have sub folders. For example, I can have all my templates in one folder, Navigations and drop downs in another folder, style guides and UI in another folder etc. With my current project, clients are seeing 18 pages on this link which could seem confusing, grouping templates is a must for me to present designs more professionally. Would love this feature to be built asap! Who's with me??? ;)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base