Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for macOS Catalina Sidecar

Is XD going to have capability with MacOS 10.15 Catalina’s new SideCar feature? Apple announced that Select apps such as Illustrator would have support, but I’m not sure if XD will have support.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Highlight Non-Library Assets

When loading Adobe XD files that have existing assets from other documents. This blue alert bar shows up at the bottom of the screen.

"Assets no longer update across documents without a library. Publish a library from source document to continue using linked assets. Learn more"

This message is not helpful because it doesn't tell me which assets in the document are cross linked.

Working in a corporate environment with many designers and existing documents means there is no way for me to know which assets have been cross posted.

Please add a way to turn on and off a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Perpetual License

I came across a superior licensing (adapted below). It is kind to customers who need the software briefly rather than regularly. To sum it up the software works perpetually but updates require periodic renewal. It also encourages developers to serve the people's needs so they renew the service. Currently you have to pay constantly for software that doesn't have to improve.

Yearly License Explained
    The yearly license model is becoming a popular pricing model for design tools. It’s fair for developers and customers.

You get frequent, useful updates and we get rewarded for our ongoing full-time work on Adobe. You…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Upload XD document between profiles

I try to upload an XD file to my business profile (first download it from my personal profile). Unfortunately it will give an error that only psd or ai is possible. But at this link it says that it is possible...https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/enterprise/using/move-assets-across-profiles.html. So I expect this is a bug? Can you resolve this? Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. File > Open > Shared with you > Sort by: File owner name

When opening a file previously shared with me, I wish there was a way to search or filter by a teammate's name.

Today I wanted to open an older file that I know John S. shared with me but I cannot recall the file name or when it was shared. If I had the option to filter by people who have shared with me, this would help track down the file and save
    much time on searching.

Current workaround is to search through email notifications.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. XD DSP component variants

Let's say your design system has variants for it's components, for instance small or regular button.
    It would be nice to be able to add multiple variants to the DSP components, so the developer can choose the right option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Be able to select which MIC to use when recording desktop preview.

When recording a preview (within desktop preveiw) it would be nice to select or at least know which Mic is being used if you have more than one. This is important when you have two mics one which is far superior than the other. Please Note that this response was after the chat support suggested to raise it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Creative Cloud Files and XD cloud documents should be the same thing

Adobe Cloud files should be exchangeable with the creative cloud files. Its frustrating to work in a team that uses both creative cloud library and XD cloud documents and they aren't synced. At least make it so the shared links are smart enough to recognize the file name and not create a new link if there was already a link created for the XD cloud version of the file

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. File name unnecessarily cut off in title bar of narrow window

When I'm arranging several windows next to each other on my screen, or decreasing the window size for any other good reason, I can't see the full file name anymore. There's still ample space to show it, but the bar clearly prioritises a lot of empty space over informational clarity...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make Invite to Edit a check-in, check-out feature

Can "invite to edit" be a check in check out feature, where only one person could work in at a time?

• Problem is I can't accept changes from a designer. Their changes are being pushed and I am forced to accept.
    • I don't know what the revisions are and cannot track changes.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support for Apple Time Machine

I'm trying to figure out how to enable XD to support Apple Time Machine (versioning) so I can roll back some changes to a prior version of an XD file. Since I don't see a clear way to enable that, and it doesn't appear to be enabled by default, my guess it that it will need to be a feature request.

Automated versioning is built into MacOS, supporting it in XD would be a time saver for users. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Close preview window when document is closed

When the last open XD file is closed, the preview window remains open. This causes problems in opening a new document on my Mac.

Once I've closed all remaining XD files, when I go to open a new one from the welcome screen, I click the XD icon in the dock – but instead of opening the welcome screen, it takes me to the black-screened preview window (which, in full screen, sometimes will not reveal the red window close button in the top left). This means the only way to see the welcome screen is to completely quit XD and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Return Adobe XD: Bugs to UserVoice

Please re-enable the User Voice Bugs forum - it's faster and easier to use than the AdobeXD Community Forum, has better clarity into bug status, and is easier to search with more accurate results.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Search bar on project screen

Please add a search bar on project screen, its painfull to look for older projects!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Download published files from assets.adobe.com

Would like to have the ability to download published files from asset.adobe.com.

Some reasons why:
    - If you weren't saving to the cloud and lose access to those files, say your laptop is stolen, there is no way to download your published files.
    - Somehow cloud document is wrong (changes weren't saved) but published version is correct, there is no way to get the current/published version. You'd have to spend extra time working to update the files. Would be HUGE time saver!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Do not include animated carousels in start screen

WCAG accessibility standards prescribe that animated elements that cannot be paused by the user and which run for more than 5s break the guidelines. You have a carousel in the startup screen - it'd be great if you followed the basic A requirement set out at https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#pause-stop-hide

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to maintain an XD component-instance relationship in a potentially revoked account

With the current specifications, if the component file owner's account expires,
    There is no way to maintain a relationship with the shared instance file.
    The above is a big problem when handing over to a third party.

Create a component and an instance in the same document and
    You can save it locally, but
    It is not realistic because the data will be recreated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. dont list taiwan as a region. it's a country

dont list taiwan as a region. it's a country

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Quickly see and swap local document assets and CC library assets, individually and in bulk

I would LOVE a way to distinguish if a component is a document asset vs a linked CC library asset and swap them quickly, both individually and in bulk. Let me explain my use case for you: I had a designer create some components and screens in a separate file (bc the cloud file kept crashing) and I thought there would be an easy way to merge the files later, but turns out, I've spent HOURS fixes this. I copied/pasted the local assets from her file into the library, then individually clicked "Edit Main Component" then had to open the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable payment with visa and paypal in D.R.Congo

XD is the tool of choice for me and my team but we are not able to pay for the tool, sometimes we are obliged to use other tools because the payment can’t go through and there are no resellers in the region

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base