Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

104 results found

1. When opening a file previously shared with me, I wish there was a way to search or filter by a teammate's name.

Today I wanted to open an older file that I know John S. shared with me but I cannot recall the file name or when it was shared. If I had the option to filter by people who have shared with me, this would help track down the file and save
    much time on searching.

Current workaround is to search through email notifications.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. 'Make default grid once, use it everywhere'

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. WHY did you remove the availability to open files from my computer from the open menu? Stop trying to force everyone to use the cloud. Were users banging down your door demanding that you split the OPEN FILE functionality into two separate functions depending on whether or not you wanted to open from the cloud or open from your computer!?!?
    So many things you could be fixing or improving so why waste time on something that was never broken.
    Command O has been a learned behavior for decades. Just dumb.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I have created group folders for my assets in the library file but each time I open I have to choose to view by group as the default is by type. And sharing the lbrary with the team also presents the same issue. Whichever state the library was last saved in should be the default.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Every time I open XD it opens in the same size window not bothering to remember that I last had the program open across two monitors filling the screens top to bottom, with the preview window open and zoomed into a specific artboard. And, XD never opens a document to the last place I edited it. It's always scrunched up small in the center of the screen.

How about remembering the positions and size of the application windows and the locations within each document I was last editing so I don't need to rearrange my workspace and go searching for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'm trying to figure out how to enable XD to support Apple Time Machine (versioning) so I can roll back some changes to a prior version of an XD file. Since I don't see a clear way to enable that, and it doesn't appear to be enabled by default, my guess it that it will need to be a feature request.

Automated versioning is built into MacOS, supporting it in XD would be a time saver for users. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. My team and I created a shared CC library and I added couple colors on it. I want to be able to reorder the elements so it will be more organized.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It is very demented to disable plugins when starting with the shift key pressed. I click 2x on XD before the file opens, switch back and start selecting files in a completely different program using shift select. The XD application reports me that it has turned off plugins. How many times a year do I need to turn off plugins that it's mapped to the shift key across the system?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. With the current specifications, if the component file owner's account expires,
    There is no way to maintain a relationship with the shared instance file.
    The above is a big problem when handing over to a third party.

Create a component and an instance in the same document and
    You can save it locally, but
    It is not realistic because the data will be recreated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When loading Adobe XD files that have existing assets from other documents. This blue alert bar shows up at the bottom of the screen.

"Assets no longer update across documents without a library. Publish a library from source document to continue using linked assets. Learn more"

This message is not helpful because it doesn't tell me which assets in the document are cross linked.

Working in a corporate environment with many designers and existing documents means there is no way for me to know which assets have been cross posted.

Please add a way to turn on and off a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. there is an problem with xd's number like transform is arabic numbers and scale of artboart is english numbers how I wanna solve (windows 11)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  12. I came across a superior licensing (adapted below). It is kind to customers who need the software briefly rather than regularly. To sum it up the software works perpetually but updates require periodic renewal. It also encourages developers to serve the people's needs so they renew the service. Currently you have to pay constantly for software that doesn't have to improve.

Yearly License Explained
    The yearly license model is becoming a popular pricing model for design tools. It’s fair for developers and customers.

You get frequent, useful updates and we get rewarded for our ongoing full-time work on Adobe. You…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I try to upload an XD file to my business profile (first download it from my personal profile). Unfortunately it will give an error that only psd or ai is possible. But at this link it says that it is possible...https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/enterprise/using/move-assets-across-profiles.html. So I expect this is a bug? Can you resolve this? Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The libraries panel is always shown when I open a file and it's a bit annoying. I wish this was collapsed by default, or even better have the program remember what my display looked like the last time I closed that particular file (for instance, if I had the layers panel shown when I closed a file, then when I open the file again that panel would show by default).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When recording a preview (within desktop preveiw) it would be nice to select or at least know which Mic is being used if you have more than one. This is important when you have two mics one which is far superior than the other. Please Note that this response was after the chat support suggested to raise it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adobe Cloud files should be exchangeable with the creative cloud files. Its frustrating to work in a team that uses both creative cloud library and XD cloud documents and they aren't synced. At least make it so the shared links are smart enough to recognize the file name and not create a new link if there was already a link created for the XD cloud version of the file

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I'm arranging several windows next to each other on my screen, or decreasing the window size for any other good reason, I can't see the full file name anymore. There's still ample space to show it, but the bar clearly prioritises a lot of empty space over informational clarity...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can "invite to edit" be a check in check out feature, where only one person could work in at a time?

• Problem is I can't accept changes from a designer. Their changes are being pushed and I am forced to accept.
    • I don't know what the revisions are and cannot track changes.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have realized that when working on different devices using Adobe XD, the option it gives us to preview our designs is a bit inefficient. This is considered to be to the "desktop preview" We do not present the measures as in theory should be seen since when designing on different screen sizes like a mac and then continue on a different laptop or computer either to analyzing the design or correcting errors shows a drastic change. My suggestion is that they can implement a pre-visualization option in the browser like the one that Adobe Dreamweaver gives us, this facilitates…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When the last open XD file is closed, the preview window remains open. This causes problems in opening a new document on my Mac.

Once I've closed all remaining XD files, when I go to open a new one from the welcome screen, I click the XD icon in the dock – but instead of opening the welcome screen, it takes me to the black-screened preview window (which, in full screen, sometimes will not reveal the red window close button in the top left). This means the only way to see the welcome screen is to completely quit XD and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)