Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Round-tripping with Lottie

Whether we create an animation in XD we perhaps might wish to refine in AE, or work in AE to make an animation(s) for XD, I would like to be able to round-trip that within the Adobe ecosystem. Bonus points if we can make micro-interactions or IFTTT types of interactivity, which would activate the branching JSON file animations; perhaps connected as nodes. Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. [Mac] Open file dialog, make it possible to resize like the start screen

I have a lot of files saved in the cloud documents, yet the open file dialog is so tiny that it's difficult getting an overview of all the files.

Yet where the start screen is resizable, the open dialog is fixed.

Please let me resize the open file dialog as I see fit.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Cmd+O should open local documents

WHY did you remove the availability to open files from my computer from the open menu? Stop trying to force everyone to use the cloud. Were users banging down your door demanding that you split the OPEN FILE functionality into two separate functions depending on whether or not you wanted to open from the cloud or open from your computer!?!?
    So many things you could be fixing or improving so why waste time on something that was never broken.
    Command O has been a learned behavior for decades. Just dumb.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Default CC Library to open view by group

I have created group folders for my assets in the library file but each time I open I have to choose to view by group as the default is by type. And sharing the lbrary with the team also presents the same issue. Whichever state the library was last saved in should be the default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Windows 10 Start menu icon

The icon for Adobe XD in the Windows 10 Startmenu does not have the same style as the other Adobe-apps. It has white background and the logo is much bigger.
    This is when the icon is set to the size "Small". When set to "Medium" it looks ok.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Coediting: Follow other people's work

Perhaps it would be possible, especially in collaboration mode (e.g. XD), to follow the icons of the employees / team members or to see which area they are currently working on. - As an example, you can look at the collaboration app Miro.

Verfolgung Teammitglieder

Vielleicht wäre es möglich gerade im Zusammenarbeitsmodus (bsp. XD) über die Icons der Mitarbeiter/Teammitglieder, diese zu verfolgen bzw. zu sehen auf welcher Fläche sie gerade tätig sind. – als Beispiel kann man sich die Kollaborationsapp Miro anschauen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Feature Requests/bug report images on full screen

when visualising post images for the Feature request on the adobe website (not the app), you cant go back to the page once you click the supporting image posted bye a user when requesting a feature or reporting a bug.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Is it possible to add a retry button

if the user has lost internet connectivity with cloud document instead of closing the document and the program, can you please add a retry button to allow the users to keep trying again rather than waiting for the working button to get enabled which is still good to be kept.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support for Apple Time Machine

I'm trying to figure out how to enable XD to support Apple Time Machine (versioning) so I can roll back some changes to a prior version of an XD file. Since I don't see a clear way to enable that, and it doesn't appear to be enabled by default, my guess it that it will need to be a feature request.

Automated versioning is built into MacOS, supporting it in XD would be a time saver for users. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Sign-in from Multiple Adobe IDs

I have a personal Adobe account and access to a company Adobe account. However, I only have one computer, and I do not plan on buying a second mac just to facilitate 2 Adobe accounts.

This leaves me with following problem: I have to sign in/out all the time to view my different projects. This is extremely inconvenient and wastes time unnecessarily.

Please let users be signed in to multiple accounts simultaneously, so that work flow isn't constantly disrupted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Close preview window when document is closed

When the last open XD file is closed, the preview window remains open. This causes problems in opening a new document on my Mac.

Once I've closed all remaining XD files, when I go to open a new one from the welcome screen, I click the XD icon in the dock – but instead of opening the welcome screen, it takes me to the black-screened preview window (which, in full screen, sometimes will not reveal the red window close button in the top left). This means the only way to see the welcome screen is to completely quit XD and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reorder elements in CC Library

My team and I created a shared CC library and I added couple colors on it. I want to be able to reorder the elements so it will be more organized.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Return Adobe XD: Bugs to UserVoice

Please re-enable the User Voice Bugs forum - it's faster and easier to use than the AdobeXD Community Forum, has better clarity into bug status, and is easier to search with more accurate results.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Smaller pointer previewing prototypes

Minor request - I am mocking up a lot of desktop prototypes and recording user journeys using adobe XD screen record to send to stakeholders.

I find the pointer device is too big for previewing desktop designs and I have to explain to stakeholders this is not how it would appear in desktop browser.

I understand that on mobile a representation of a fingertip is best - would be good to be able to change or adjust this for better presentation of screen recordings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Duplicate CC library file

I have a CC library. I would like to iterate on it and create a new version of this library and keep the old as v1 for example. Doesn't seem to be a way that I can see where I can duplicated and rename a library file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When unlinking a Cloud (master) document from another XD - show a warning prompt

Recently (and I'm ware this is my fault) I unlinked a Cloud (master) doc and lost all my components, with no way to get them back.

I've learnt my lesson but I just clicking an 'x' without warning and something this major happening seems like it should display a warning to the affects of doing so. I thought the links would break but relinking the doc instantly would relink the components - I only (stupidly) did this so the XD would inherit the the Cloud (master) docs assets order. As I have so many it's chaos if they're not in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cloud folder sync up for all users

I was happy to see folders for cloud documents be released. However, my co-worker(s) and I were disappointed to see that when organizing or creating a folder structure, it does not reflect to other XD users. Essentially, it only occurs under your own Creative Cloud account.

REQUEST: I would like to make a folder structure with my own and/or XD documents that were shared with me to be synced up for specified users to see on their ends as well. (Similarly to Dropbox or Google Drive folders where other users can access them)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Default folders to collapsed in CC Library panel

When opening a library file it would be good to have the folders collapsed or have a choice of collapsing all at once. Otherwise its complete overwhelming as a starting point.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dividers in CC library window

Abilty to have dividers or grouping of folders in the library file. Currently I have a lot of groups of things in one long list i have created folders just as dividers so i can better group folders of content but having built it dividers would solve this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base