Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

104 results found

1. WCAG accessibility standards prescribe that animated elements that cannot be paused by the user and which run for more than 5s break the guidelines. You have a carousel in the startup screen - it'd be great if you followed the basic A requirement set out at https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#pause-stop-hide

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. When loading Adobe XD files that have existing assets from other documents. This blue alert bar shows up at the bottom of the screen.

"Assets no longer update across documents without a library. Publish a library from source document to continue using linked assets. Learn more"

This message is not helpful because it doesn't tell me which assets in the document are cross linked.

Working in a corporate environment with many designers and existing documents means there is no way for me to know which assets have been cross posted.

Please add a way to turn on and off a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would LOVE a way to distinguish if a component is a document asset vs a linked CC library asset and swap them quickly, both individually and in bulk. Let me explain my use case for you: I had a designer create some components and screens in a separate file (bc the cloud file kept crashing) and I thought there would be an easy way to merge the files later, but turns out, I've spent HOURS fixes this. I copied/pasted the local assets from her file into the library, then individually clicked "Edit Main Component" then had to open the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. My team cannot use Adobe's cloud for collaboration. We must be able to create a document without automatically saving the document to Adobe's cloud. Further, for a desktop app, local storage should be the default and CMD+S should work as expected.

Updating XD and finding that our documents no longer existed on our desktop was unexpected and we've lost time figuring out where our documents went and figuring out how to restore our workflow, and we will continue to lose time deleting files from Adobe's cloud and dealing with duplicate files every time someone forgets to explicitly save a file…

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. Love the ability to organize files and assets on adobe cloud servers. One improvement I'd love to see in regards to file organization is the ability to easily drag and drop files into folders, rather than having to select each individual file and then select the folder to move it to. ( specifically in Adobe XD "your files" tab )

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The libraries panel is always shown when I open a file and it's a bit annoying. I wish this was collapsed by default, or even better have the program remember what my display looked like the last time I closed that particular file (for instance, if I had the layers panel shown when I closed a file, then when I open the file again that panel would show by default).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like to see a feature, much like in InDesign, where you can toggle the display performance settings for the art boards in file.

My company tends to keep a lot of screens and components in master files and working in those can become tedious due to CPU drag. It'd be great to be able to downgrade the display performance to more quickly navigate the file.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I came across a superior licensing (adapted below). It is kind to customers who need the software briefly rather than regularly. To sum it up the software works perpetually but updates require periodic renewal. It also encourages developers to serve the people's needs so they renew the service. Currently you have to pay constantly for software that doesn't have to improve.

Yearly License Explained
    The yearly license model is becoming a popular pricing model for design tools. It’s fair for developers and customers.

You get frequent, useful updates and we get rewarded for our ongoing full-time work on Adobe. You…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I try to upload an XD file to my business profile (first download it from my personal profile). Unfortunately it will give an error that only psd or ai is possible. But at this link it says that it is possible...https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/enterprise/using/move-assets-across-profiles.html. So I expect this is a bug? Can you resolve this? Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When opening a file previously shared with me, I wish there was a way to search or filter by a teammate's name.

Today I wanted to open an older file that I know John S. shared with me but I cannot recall the file name or when it was shared. If I had the option to filter by people who have shared with me, this would help track down the file and save
    much time on searching.

Current workaround is to search through email notifications.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the ability to turn off coediting. It's creating all kinds of issues, and can't be turned off. It's absolutely appalling that this feature would be introduced without the ability to turn it off after enabling it.

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  12. Like the Title says. I was able to run Adobe XD with Windows 11 on my Surface Pro X. I know that making an ARM version takes time but, in the meantime, please make the 64 bit version available in the Creative cloud app. Windows 11 (some windows 10 builds) now have 64 bit support for the ARM devices like the Surface Pro X.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I have created a linked Design System file and now one of the designers has overwritten some of my elements. I can go back in the version history and open a version before the mistake was made but I can't revert to that version. Because many files link to the source Design System file, I can't just make a new one and send it out — the orginal linked file needs to be maintained.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  14. When modifying a document inside a folder, the folder maintains its position in the Xd launch screen > Cloud Documents.
    If I modify a file in a folder, it should show as the first item. So the sort order should take files in folders into account and re-order the folder too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Having different versions of documents can get confusing, so it would be great if you could copy the url link to a shared cloud doc (much like the one the person gets when they are invited to the file). I can currently send them a link to my file on my web creative cloud, but it downloads the document as a local file.

Basically it would be nice to send out an email that linked to each XD file so that the person knew they were opening the right file. We've been having a lot of version control issues. Powerpoint…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. When I type in my search, I only find results in my own documents, but not in the ones that were shared with me.
    Please make it possible to search in those files. It's really annoying when you work in a team and have to scroll endlessly to find the file from your colleague.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  17. 'Make default grid once, use it everywhere'

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. Please add Persian language voice to Adobe XD because there is a lot of literature and poetry in this language that can help the whole world community and also different languages are used like Iran Iran Afghanistan Tajikistan and some other countries.
    Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow user to view (even if they can't edit) a cloud document saved with a newer version of XD than the accessing user is running.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  20. Plugin to help me choose the right type scale for my project. Experiment with font size, scale and different web fonts.
    Like this website: https://type-scale.com/

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)