Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

136 results found

1. Feature: Allow the creation of custom toggles that display over a canvas, similar to how the Layout Grid works.

I work with a development team, I design the look and they build it. The issue I have is sometimes the developers don't pay close attention to the spacing of my designs. Sometimes they will code a design element to be right up against a column when actually there should be a 20px padding. I think having custom toggles can help highlight these small details. I know/have workarounds to this minor issue but having an official feature for it would be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would like to be able to ink (freehand draw using my wacom/other pen) my concepts and annotations.

I know that there are some good work arounds like https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/20399002-workaround-for-annotations-in-design-and-preview-m but inking with arrows would be faster and more useful for me.

I also know that some touch / pen features were implemented in https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17431225-pen-and-touch-support-in-windows-10 but this is a specific extra tool using pen.

The tool could be used to draw directly on the artboard, or on a toggle-able annotation layer per artboard.
    The inking could extend outside the artboard as necessary but would be associated with the artboard as part…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I feel like this was raised and marked as "addressed" by the design specs feature but isn't actually addressed.

Essentially we need to be able to markup / annotate wireframes with feature specs . It would be functionally similar to the commenting feature but
    - they're specifications, not comments - it's a one off note not back and forth conversation
    - they can be rendered with/alongside the designs as an export option so it can be signed off by the client and archived for governance
    - the feature should be available via the XD App and stored in the XD…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be great if the assets library in Adobe Xd be exported to the design specs. In that way developers will be able to get a general specification sheets from the designer. Designers can even create classes for each font and name the colors based on there branding standards.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be a great idea if there is an option to print the design specs on paper. Just like the option in Adobe Illustrator to print crop marks, in design specs we can create marks & regions of elements used it.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hi,

At the moment we are developing our WeChat Mini-program, however when sharing design specs with developers we are unable to share using WeChat's measurement units, only iOS and Android are supported.

You can find out more info about WeChat's rpx measurement units here:

http://open.wechat.com/cgi-bin/newreadtemplate?t=overseas_open/docs/mini-programs/development/framework/view/wxss

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Could you build a way to display variable names for color in the specs doc and the ability to write comments to developers?

Also, specs doc is not accurate when displaying colors, spacing and font sizes. You can see the workaround I built to make up for this deficiency.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As a UX designer, one of the most important information while handing off designs is ability to explain each component in your design. Functional annotations like ON click of this button slide this page or specify error conditions or text or color changes that occur when the user interacts with that component in your design.

UXPin has a great way of annotating designs. Its a separate tab that allows developers to view the design, annotation and style guide separately. Attached is an example of UXPin does it and having this feature on Adobe XD would be great! We use Photoshop…

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When designing app screens, we define string tokens so that we can update text labels without the need of an app update.

It would be a great addition for both designer and developer to be able to select a text label and be able to add a comment (like you can do in prototype mode).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pleasantly suprised with the latest update. It's not there yet but I'm sure it will. So far did some tests with the export sheet for iOS and Android and I found two improvements:

• For iOS: When selecting a border of 0.5 px, the size is shown correctly but the height is set to 0px. This caused some confusion.
    • For Android: It would be great if colors and their opacity appear in #AARRGGBB for Android. i.e. #FFFFFF, 50% should appear like: #80FFFFFF
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! It’s best if you only file one idea per ticket instead of lumping them together like this. That being said, the first issue sounds like a bug, so I’ll convert this ticket to reflect the feature request. Can you file the bug as a separate ticket in the Bugs section of UserVoice? Thanks!

-Elaine

11. If a link update has been made by a designer to the Design Spec a slack notification automatically gets sent to a channel/user within slack with the link and the changes that have been made. e.g new artboards added etc.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If I use a symbol font like Font Awesome and paste that into a text box with another font for my regular paragraph copy, my developers can't isolate and get the CSS, Fonts, Colors, etc. from the inline symbols or separate fonts. Would be nice to have a way to select a text container and toggle through the different fonts represented. Or click again to select a specific symbol or element in the text area and target that for getting specs on.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. At this time one can see "The date when the design specs was last updated"

When working on a living project, with constant improvements, or in general during development phase, it would be pretty handy for
    - developers (identify what to do)
    - testers/customers/responsible persons (what to review)
    to easily see that there where changes on special screen since last look by showing date and time of last update for each screen.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be great if you can gather the files you’ve used, including fonts and linked graphics, for easy handoff. When you package a file, you create a folder that contains the xd document, any necessary fonts, linked graphics, and a package report.
    Like we have in Illustrator or InDesign.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I know you are currently working a spec view to make communication with developers easier. There should be a way were we can specify assets that aren't static such as button states or inline error messaging.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. While sharing the screens to developers on the web. Assets artboard having all the icons/images should get created automatically when all the interactions / screens are done ... and icons/images are marked as assets. This way not only developers can see all the assets at one go but also can download them instantly instead of going to multiple pages and downloading assets separately. It will make designers life easy as well.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →