Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Comment on overlay layer

When adding development notes to an overlay page, the pins are fixed to the page behind the overlay causing the pins to be in the wrong position when you have a scroll-able modal overlay. It would be helpful if the pins could be fixed to the overlay itself so the pins stay in context.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export SVG group as individual object

The developer mode currently is exporting my SVGs as various individual files, although I'm grouping them in .xd file before exporting.

This is giving me headaches, as often Developers will send e-mails requesting the images corrected to program the front-end of a webpage. This highly affects the workflow and productivity, as I have to go by every single one and export as .png.

This happens often when I need to edit icons and vectors in XD on the fly, by adding new elements and grouping them together. Would be nice if grouping these modifications would be enough to export them…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remember previously selected flow view setting in Design Specs

It would be much better if setting highlighted on the screenshot with red square would be remembered every time I open the page

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase scroll speed in design spec one-up view

In the https://xd.adobe.com/spec/xyz-xyz../screen/xyz-xyz... screens, I regularly read a design that spans about 2 to 5 pages or screenfuls. Scrolling this in Google Chrome with a regular basic corded logitech mouse is slow. Scrolling to the next page takes 2 or 3 full scroll motions on the physical scroll wheel.

Scrolling through five pages consequently takes 10 to 20 scroll motions. This is unusable. Any other webpage has a reasonable scroll speed with my computer settings and hardware.

There also is not a draggable scroll-bar handle like on every other application that I have ever used on a computer. Why?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prioritize color names over hex values in Design Spec

Small detail, but as we define design system elements, the names of those elements are more important than the technical value.

In this case, for colors, the name of the color asset is more important than the hex value. Please swap the display of those values to reflect the importance...or provide the ability to turn that hex value off since, in some cases, developers should only be referencing the name anyway.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide ability to turn off CSS section in Design Specs

In design specs, there is a CSS section with a lot of great information. However, for some users, it is relevant and potentially harmful. It'd be great to be able to turn that section off so that it isn't displayed.

Some examples
    Some of our products are desktop products, built in C# and XAML. CSS is not relevant for our tech stack.

The CSS shows absolute, hardcoded values for position, size, color, etc. This is the opposite of what we want to communicate to development. They should be using relative values or referenced resources from our design system for those…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Underlined text doesn't show in Design Specs

When you copy a paragraph from specs and some of the text is underlined in the design/prototype, it would be great if the underline was copied as well?

This could be easily left off by the developer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Expand design spec inspector by default

I'd like to be able to choose to have the property inspector already open in development view. It would save having to describe how to click on the icon to engineers every time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Snapshots of web pages for inspiration

It would be nice if people could enter in a web page URL of a page that inspires them from anywhere on the net, then click a simple button that snaps a full page image for quick importing of that page into XD, then shows the dimensions or at least it makes it easy to measure the exact dimensions that the original developer used within the page. This will help people learn from other designers creations because learning their layouts and dimensions cand be a tricky task sometimes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Design specs for single artboards

Whenever I make a change to my document of a multitude of artboards the system "renders trough" the whole document with all artboards altough I have only made changes to a couple of them. Would be nice if we could update them selectively, that way the process of updating the design specs would be shorter. Right now the process gets longer and longer as the document grows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Boxed Text with different size and colors within are not being able to be distinguished in designs specs given to developers

While working developers where not able to get information on size of text or color in a boxed text which had a different size and color ontop then the bottom part. Is there a way where probably a developer would be able to highlight text in a targeted area to get character style and color?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Click the label and copy the hex color code as a simple code snippet

Currently you can see the hex color code and copy to your clipboard (i.e. #ffffff). To save a step in programming, it would be nice to copy a code snippet instead (i.e. background-color: #f0f0f0;).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Character styles—order by size, color, weight (similar to Zeplin)

I think it would be helpful if the Character Styles were listed in groups in order of the font that has the largest size. Since devs are usually programming things by defining the biggest to smallest (H1 > H2 > H3 > P), this would help us to see what we're up against. Next, if we added in a second font weight with a variety of colors, we would collect by the size-1st, color-2nd and weight-3rd (favoring the lighter weight to be listed first).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Full screen in Design Specs

Requested by my dev team. Who knows why....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Publish Design Spec on Save

Design Specs have quickly become an integral part of our workflow. It would be incredibly helpful if there was an option on Save that would allow you to Publish a Design Spec at the same time, thereby making it so every time the designer saves, the developer can have updated Design Specs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Customize HEX color code rules in Design Specs

When I copy HEX color codes to clipboard in Design Specs, I can get the color code like this:

FF12BF

FFFFFF

But, sometimes I want to get the color code like this:

ff12bf

ffffff

Or like this:

ff12bf

fff

Or like this:

FF12BF

FFF

So, I want to choose HEX color code rules in Design Specs.
    I think that engineers will support XD by responding to various coding rules.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Font label support in design specs

Designers are able to add colors, fonts, icons, and many more to the library asset. We're able to even provide custom names to our assets.

When designers share their work, which is made up of assets from library, developers are able to see the custom names for colors, icons, and components.

But for whatever reason, you cannot see the names of the fonts (Name should be Body-xsmall). Could this feature be added?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Xamarin/and or Firebase plug-in

My devs are using Xamarin. It would be nice to share my file with them in a way that makes it quicker for them to code my prototype. This might be dumb but I thought I might as well ask.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Delete all unresolved comments.

I have very old comments that might have been resolved before, but i can't delete or find out where are the comments, there is no way to delete or resolve this comments, clicking on them it gets me to the wrong artboard and I can't replicate the actions to make this comments appear, either give us the option to delete this comments or improve the display of this comments inside components.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Preview graphic on the property inspector when clicking on an element on the artboard

Sometimes designers forget to name their layers and hand them off via the design spec sheet. It would be nice to be able to see a preview of the graphic on the specs sidebar when you click it on the artboard.

For example I click an image on the artboard, and the spec sidebar it tells me that i've clicked on Group 114, but I'm not exactly sure if it's the graphic that I need because it's a grouped layer. I know I can right click to view layers, but it would just a be a whole lot more convenient…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base