Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assets zip download in design specs

Please give option to download zip file of all assets. Now developer have to download it one by one so it takes too much time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide "Fixed position" layers to see design specs of other layers beneath them

Layers that have been set to "Fix position when scrolling" often overlap over other key layers and block the inspection of the layers underneath.

For example, if you have a mobile screen with a bottom fixed menu then this layer will need to be positioned on top of the 0-viewport. This results in any other layers in body below this bottom tab layer becoming invisible in design and design specs mode. And the developer cannot see any of their details.

So a way to hide these layers in the design specs mode will be of great help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Copy/export all colours from assets as Hex, RGBA, HSLA

It would be very useful to be able to grab all the colour values as text in one go.
    To copy and paste into our SCSS or CSS.

Could be a download or copy all.

The shared assets in the Share for Development web pages are great. When it comes to the Colors, currently we can grab the Hex, RGBA, HSLA colours one at a time. I frequently want to grab all the colours.

Code editors help designers see the colours, we don't need to do the colours one at a time to know which is which.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Design specs for single artboards

Whenever I make a change to my document of a multitude of artboards the system "renders trough" the whole document with all artboards altough I have only made changes to a couple of them. Would be nice if we could update them selectively, that way the process of updating the design specs would be shorter. Right now the process gets longer and longer as the document grows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Layout grid: show borders in the design specs (like in the XD file it self)

When in the design specs the layout grid should look the same as in XD it self.

I'm working on 20 column grid with no gutter, but it turns out that the border you see in XD, you don't see that in the design specs. Result: a turquoise background for the developer with no reference ;-)

I could work around it (10 column grid with gutters and setting a side margin), but I would need to do that across the entire project.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Boxed Text with different size and colors within are not being able to be distinguished in designs specs given to developers

While working developers where not able to get information on size of text or color in a boxed text which had a different size and color ontop then the bottom part. Is there a way where probably a developer would be able to highlight text in a targeted area to get character style and color?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. DPI/PPI switch for font sizes

XD would be a lot more cross-platform friendly if is offered a DPI/PPI switch for font sizes.

For example, I'm mainly desinging for MicroStrategy platform which uses 96dpi to calculate font sizes. XD uses 72.

I've read there's a similar issue with Android development.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Click the label and copy the hex color code as a simple code snippet

Currently you can see the hex color code and copy to your clipboard (i.e. #ffffff). To save a step in programming, it would be nice to copy a code snippet instead (i.e. background-color: #f0f0f0;).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Character styles—order by size, color, weight (similar to Zeplin)

I think it would be helpful if the Character Styles were listed in groups in order of the font that has the largest size. Since devs are usually programming things by defining the biggest to smallest (H1 > H2 > H3 > P), this would help us to see what we're up against. Next, if we added in a second font weight with a variety of colors, we would collect by the size-1st, color-2nd and weight-3rd (favoring the lighter weight to be listed first).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Full screen in Design Specs

Requested by my dev team. Who knows why....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Publish Design Spec on Save

Design Specs have quickly become an integral part of our workflow. It would be incredibly helpful if there was an option on Save that would allow you to Publish a Design Spec at the same time, thereby making it so every time the designer saves, the developer can have updated Design Specs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Customize HEX color code rules in Design Specs

When I copy HEX color codes to clipboard in Design Specs, I can get the color code like this:

FF12BF

FFFFFF

But, sometimes I want to get the color code like this:

ff12bf

ffffff

Or like this:

ff12bf

fff

Or like this:

FF12BF

FFF

So, I want to choose HEX color code rules in Design Specs.
    I think that engineers will support XD by responding to various coding rules.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Design Specs: Custom Toggle Layers

Feature: Allow the creation of custom toggles that display over a canvas, similar to how the Layout Grid works.

I work with a development team, I design the look and they build it. The issue I have is sometimes the developers don't pay close attention to the spacing of my designs. Sometimes they will code a design element to be right up against a column when actually there should be a 20px padding. I think having custom toggles can help highlight these small details. I know/have workarounds to this minor issue but having an official feature for it would be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Default to ARGB when exporting for Android

The HEX color in the design specs are #RRGGBBAA. It would be great to have #AARRGGBB for Android developers, as that is the standard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display component names in development prototype

When you develop a design system in XD the structure of your components should be visible in the specs panel of your development prototype.
    If you build sensible components in XD with a clear naming scheme you can communicate a lot of context to the developer.
    In order to collaborate effectively teams should aim to share class or tag names between prototype and frontend code.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. style renames

When I rename my Charector Styles and pass to developers, they are not able to see the renamed styles when inspecting the prototype. I would expect that when they click on a charector its Renamed Style Name would show in addition to the Charector spec (font name, size, etc etc).

This would save Developers tones of time in project with complex Style guides.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Developer Tools not showing up

Developer Tools are not showing up in Chrome Version 79.0.3945.117 (Official Build) (64 Bit)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. One dashboard for developers

One dashboard with al prototypes for developers. Select project and see al specs. (zeplin) Now it's only send a link to developer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Rename option while downloading assets from design specs

Developers tend to use other naming conventions than designers for exported assets. Having an option to rename each asset right before the download button on the design spec screen would be very helpful (especially for Android developers since they would have to get into several folders if they want to rename assets themselves).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Increase scroll speed in design spec one-up view

In the https://xd.adobe.com/spec/xyz-xyz../screen/xyz-xyz... screens, I regularly read a design that spans about 2 to 5 pages or screenfuls. Scrolling this in Google Chrome with a regular basic corded logitech mouse is slow. Scrolling to the next page takes 2 or 3 full scroll motions on the physical scroll wheel.

Scrolling through five pages consequently takes 10 to 20 scroll motions. This is unusable. Any other webpage has a reasonable scroll speed with my computer settings and hardware.

There also is not a draggable scroll-bar handle like on every other application that I have ever used on a computer. Why?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base