Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

136 results found

1. This request is from my developers. They asking if it is possible to have scrollbars on the individual screen views instead of the just the panning. Their complaint is that when the screens are really long, it takes a while scrolling with your mouse scroll wheel versus grabbing a scrollbar and dragging it to the bottom or desired location much quicker.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When I copy HEX color codes to clipboard in Design Specs, I can get the color code like this:

FF12BF

FFFFFF

But, sometimes I want to get the color code like this:

ff12bf

ffffff

Or like this:

ff12bf

fff

Or like this:

FF12BF

FFF

So, I want to choose HEX color code rules in Design Specs.
    I think that engineers will support XD by responding to various coding rules.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Feature: Allow the creation of custom toggles that display over a canvas, similar to how the Layout Grid works.

I work with a development team, I design the look and they build it. The issue I have is sometimes the developers don't pay close attention to the spacing of my designs. Sometimes they will code a design element to be right up against a column when actually there should be a 20px padding. I think having custom toggles can help highlight these small details. I know/have workarounds to this minor issue but having an official feature for it would be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Pleasantly suprised with the latest update. It's not there yet but I'm sure it will. So far did some tests with the export sheet for iOS and Android and I found two improvements:

• For iOS: When selecting a border of 0.5 px, the size is shown correctly but the height is set to 0px. This caused some confusion.
    • For Android: It would be great if colors and their opacity appear in #AARRGGBB for Android. i.e. #FFFFFF, 50% should appear like: #80FFFFFF
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! It’s best if you only file one idea per ticket instead of lumping them together like this. That being said, the first issue sounds like a bug, so I’ll convert this ticket to reflect the feature request. Can you file the bug as a separate ticket in the Bugs section of UserVoice? Thanks!

-Elaine

5. I have a page that scrolls. The assets at the bottom cannot be viewed because the developer mode doesn't recognize the scroll. I scroll to the bottom, and then change to developer view and the assets I can select are still the same as before I scrolled, just invisible.

This is an issue for a developer team because they can't see the details of the buttons.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like the option to exclude components states from components on the share link. Lately, I've noticed that creating a developer's share link is taking much longer to upload. And then when I go to the browser link, it takes much longer to load. I was trying to figure out why. And I think it may have something to do with the new(ish) ability to see all the states of a component when it is selected on the share link.

A lot of times, I create a lot of component states just to be able to try out different…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In the design mode of the desktop app you can easily copy the SVG element code.
    It would be very useful if this function could be done through the prototype link in the specs panel

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When holding shift and rotating the mouse wheel, I'd like the canvas to move horizontally, just like Figma does.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. DSM like InVision or Toolabs.
    Components, text scales, colours and much more.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow developers to download smaller sized/lower resolution images, along with other formats like jpg.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The current grey makes it usually impossible to see white assets. If adobe could dynamically use a darker grey for images that are almost entirely white, that would help a lot. Currently, I have to change the CSS in devtools if I want to see white assets.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Designers are able to add colors, fonts, icons, and many more to the library asset. We're able to even provide custom names to our assets.

When designers share their work, which is made up of assets from library, developers are able to see the custom names for colors, icons, and components.

But for whatever reason, you cannot see the names of the fonts (Name should be Body-xsmall). Could this feature be added?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Most of our assets are white as we have a dark background on our app and this makes the asset view in dev mode totally useless.

Please give use a darker colour or allow us to pick one that works for us.
    Alternatively give us a list view option with label names so we can see what we are doing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The huge header and footer (ESPECIALLY THE FOOTER) on the bottom of the display area of a shared Development (export for Web) mockup is ridiculous. PLEASE reduce it significantly!

WHY is are the header and footer so huge? We're not trying to show-off Adobe XD. The Software Engineers I work with could care less about Adobe XD! They want to see a spec'd mockup that they can use. I'm trying to show-off a mockup and most of the screen is taken up by useless, space-hogging Adobe XD stuff.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Our UI kit and pixel perfect pages reuse single core components like icons throughout but they might appear in different colours.
    However when those components are also downloadable marked for export as (which we would like them to be) they can no longer be inspected for colour.

Can you include colour in the inspection UI properties for downloadable assets please - we only need to be download assets once but want to inspect the colours for various states quickly in XD

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be much better if setting highlighted on the screenshot with red square would be remembered every time I open the page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Developers tend to use other naming conventions than designers for exported assets. Having an option to rename each asset right before the download button on the design spec screen would be very helpful (especially for Android developers since they would have to get into several folders if they want to rename assets themselves).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When I design, I often put several paragraphs or bulleted lists in the same text box. When I share my designs with my developer, it is difficult for him to get only the text he needs from the shared development document. When you click on the "Content" section in the right developer spec panel, it automatically copies all of the text in the box (see screenshot).

It would be helpful if there were a way to highlight and select only a portion of the text in the content box that you could then copy using a shortcut. You could grab…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When you copy a paragraph from specs and some of the text is underlined in the design/prototype, it would be great if the underline was copied as well?

This could be easily left off by the developer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'd like to be able to choose to have the property inspector already open in development view. It would save having to describe how to click on the icon to engineers every time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)