Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

136 results found

1. Please look at this XD "Design Specs" file:
    https://xd.adobe.com/spec/37ccb941-8fd4-4a7f-6223-499948dc3fcb-41fd/

The "L" shaped elements (colored RED and FUCHSIA in the file) cover and prevent the selection of and identification of the specs, of everything below them. Even though these "L" shaped elements are not closed shapes they cover everything below them (BTW, it's the same when there is a surrounding border that is above everything else, layer wise).

Please, this must be corrected.

The attached file was "Exported" to PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. A better way to create sections for screens like Invision and Zeplin.
    Current way is making it difficult for developers to track down screens.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The artboards order should be determined by the order of artboards In the XD app, complex setups and groupings do not work well with the automatic
    left to right , top to bottom approach. It works well for simple setups

Not ones that include 30+ pages, this approach causes more problems then the time it attempts to save

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When downloading PNG assets from the Design Specs link, we always run them through an optimizer like TinyPNG to reduce size even further. It would be great if the PNGs were already optimized so the team could skip this extra step.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Edited: I'd like to see all downloadable assets in Design Specs, because sometimes I have assets that are repeated across multiple artboards.

Original: It's possible to see all assets in all artboards in one click

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I run into needing to share screen #3, #14, #34 with a stakeholder to use within a presentation, think powerpoint. I have to manually export these screen fo each round of changes. I would like to publish for review only SAID screen numbers where the end user can comment OR DOWNLOAD a png or pdf of the most up to day version.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Often developers have already begun work on a design while details are being finalized. I can send a manual note that they need to refresh the design specs to see new updates, but it would be nice for a private link to send an email to all shared addresses as soon as an update has been made to the link, or to anyone who might have commented on the link for a public link. This would facilitate keeping everyone as up to date as possible. Alternatively having some kind of notification show up on the actual designs specs page saying…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It's very easy to create linked "prototypes" within XD - thank you...

However, the way a prototype is viewed makes seeing the "flows" that exist within it very hard.

What I would like to see is a way to export all the artboards with the prototype "linking" arrows visible and nicely rendered as a large diagram...

This diagram would be similar to the concept of "Wireflows" (https://www.nngroup.com/articles/wireflows/) and enable an easy way to produce another type of design deliverable.

I appreciate that the design specs feature sort of allows this, in that you can see see all artboards,…

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Under "Share for Development", I want to mark what an asset was designed for (in my case, always xxhdpi).

1) Determine on a by asset basis if this is for Android or iOS, instead of the entire project to be either iOS/Android/Web.

2) When the developer selects to export the asset, I cannot specify for them what the asset was "designed at", but I can if I export it myself from my XD project.

I design everything so it natively fits on the devices it will be demoed on, which is often xxhdpi. I also prefer how that displays on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. There MUST a way for XD to show the unicode ID of a FontAwesome icon/glyph in the Styles panel of a Design Spec wireframe/mockup.

I've got a team of developers freaking-out on me because they are not able to tell what the FontAwesome icon ID is in an Adobe XD mockup. I'm using FontAwesome so I do not have to re-create hundreds of required icons, but when I show a particular developer a mockup of the web-app for him to code for, it becomes a nightmare for me and developer figuring out all the specifics of each individual icon. They…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Developers should have option to export art board from Design Specs to image, single or all art board.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If you mark an icon for Batch Export (which creates an Asset panel in the design specs) it will remove the color being used for that icon from the Color Swatch panel.

My workaround is to duplicate my icon in my artboard so that I have a copy that isn't marked for batch export and then the color information for the icon will appear in the Colors panel in the design specs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Assets can already be downloaded from design specs, as per:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/design-specs-for-developers.html#Extractassetsfordesignspecs
    ...but progressive JPG is not a supported format for bitmaps. Can we get this feature?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to be able to export my elements as SVG from Design Specs with bitmaps linked or embedded, the same way I can on the local system.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hi,

Currently we have features that we develop for multiple platforms at once. This means for example we will have feature A, and during a sprint Android, iOS and WeChat developers will build the feature during the sprint.

Right now the current workflow that we have to follow is to create separate files in order to create separate links because the assets exporting forces us to choose during uploading the platform that we need assets for.

It would be much easier if we created only one link for that story / feature, and then the dev from their respective platform…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Designers should be able to have the Grid enabled or disabled overall, or for any artboard in addition to visible/hiddensettings. Having to enable every grid on artboards before publish seems like an unnecessary part to add to the work flow.

The Layout grid could simply have 2 Main options:

Enabled - if enabled, the developer on design specs would be able to view/hide the layout grid
    Disabled - if disabled, the developer on design specs would not be able to turn on or view the layout grid

And then the normal checkbox of viewing would still applied if "Enabled" has…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. XD would be a lot more cross-platform friendly if is offered a DPI/PPI switch for font sizes.

For example, I'm mainly desinging for MicroStrategy platform which uses 96dpi to calculate font sizes. XD uses 72.

I've read there's a similar issue with Android development.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There needs to be a better way or an alternative way to download assets from the design specs for developers. Right now, you would have to set each asset on each page to be able to be downloaded. This works great for a single page, but when you have a ton of pages representing either different states or different parts of the flow, it's hard to remember or even know which page you can download which asset from.

Most assets that get used are made into symbols, so it would be great to be able to set the symbols to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ability to see dimensions and measurements of objects in percent.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I see that now the design specs allows the developers to extract design assets. Totally cool! Good job!

One problem is that right now I have to mark my design spec specifically for one platform (ios, android or web). But sometimes we designers club those in one single file as separate group of artboards for simplicity. In such situations this feature is a problem. Both android and ios developers are using the same design spec, but only one of them can extract the assets.

I would suggest to remove the platform selection option while publishing and provide platform selection to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)