Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

136 results found

1. one missing feature in many prototyping app is the ability to show screenflows. which Overflo is doing very well.
    Can XD support multiple flows to be exported into same development link so it is easy to refer to how screens are all connected together?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I always have to copy the link of the specific screen that has been updated and send it to the developer......i was wondering if there was a way to let developers know which screens have been updated and also which element was updated...removed...deleted...or something of the sort

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hi!

I have faced many a times that when i share adobe cloud link for development purpose with the developers, for the first time they face really hard time to figure out how to see those assets or coding section.

Could that development section selection (small </> button in the corner of the screen) be made more intuitive or by default option for the development link. Or maybe feature discovery could work??

It can really enhance the experience for the web view users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I think it will be nice and cool in XD if users should be able to view list of assets for export before creating or updating a preview link..

It save time in trying to view unwanted assets files which might be export for live preview which might not be needed causing more time to go back to design mode to unmark the unwanted assets...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve edited this specifically to reflect your request to list the assets before publishing. If you go to Share Mode, we’ll already highlight which artboards you’re sharing, which, based on your description, isn’t what you want.

5. Designers are able to add colors, fonts, icons, and many more to the library asset. We're able to even provide custom names to our assets.

When designers share their work, which is made up of assets from library, developers are able to see the custom names for colors, icons, and components.

But for whatever reason, you cannot see the names of the fonts (Name should be Body-xsmall). Could this feature be added?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I work with a team. I have trouble tracking which designs have been changed and which have not. so I really want the feature to track which artboard has the design changed. there is a log history for that seems like fun to me and the team. hopefully next month I get that feature

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. My devs are using Xamarin. It would be nice to share my file with them in a way that makes it quicker for them to code my prototype. This might be dumb but I thought I might as well ask.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Most of our assets are white as we have a dark background on our app and this makes the asset view in dev mode totally useless.

Please give use a darker colour or allow us to pick one that works for us.
    Alternatively give us a list view option with label names so we can see what we are doing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The huge header and footer (ESPECIALLY THE FOOTER) on the bottom of the display area of a shared Development (export for Web) mockup is ridiculous. PLEASE reduce it significantly!

WHY is are the header and footer so huge? We're not trying to show-off Adobe XD. The Software Engineers I work with could care less about Adobe XD! They want to see a spec'd mockup that they can use. I'm trying to show-off a mockup and most of the screen is taken up by useless, space-hogging Adobe XD stuff.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The Design Tokens feature is a welcome and useful addition.
    However I was surprised, that the colors did appear in a completely random order in the stylesheet. I had intentionally sorted them in my assets panel.

I mean sorting them alphabetically would have been a conclusive choice too, but scrambling them is bad.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When adding development notes to an overlay page, the pins are fixed to the page behind the overlay causing the pins to be in the wrong position when you have a scroll-able modal overlay. It would be helpful if the pins could be fixed to the overlay itself so the pins stay in context.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I have very old comments that might have been resolved before, but i can't delete or find out where are the comments, there is no way to delete or resolve this comments, clicking on them it gets me to the wrong artboard and I can't replicate the actions to make this comments appear, either give us the option to delete this comments or improve the display of this comments inside components.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I request a list of CSS styles in the shared design (dev > inspect) to follow the component thought further. It would be great if we could have a component list where we could select a component and see all CSS styles of all elements defined within the component.

A component developer could see all required layers and styles for selected component.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/ae243bf4-8b78-420a-44a3-bd6b08f0301f-d815/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sometimes designers forget to name their layers and hand them off via the design spec sheet. It would be nice to be able to see a preview of the graphic on the specs sidebar when you click it on the artboard.

For example I click an image on the artboard, and the spec sidebar it tells me that i've clicked on Group 114, but I'm not exactly sure if it's the graphic that I need because it's a grouped layer. I know I can right click to view layers, but it would just a be a whole lot more convenient…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be nice to be able to see a preview on the sidebar of the element that you clicked from the main artboard. That would make it just quicker for devs to download what they need, especially when clicking on layers that are buried beneath other layers. I know you can right click and select the layer you need, but sometimes layers aren't named properly, and it'll just be a great quality of life improvement to be able to preview what you are clicking on the main artboard. Most design spec platforms already have this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I am a developer and our designer publishes multiple art boards. I often have to job from board to board. It would be really helpful to be able to access the other boards quickly without having to back out of the current board. Maybe even an optional filter that can sort by recently opened.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Our UI kit and pixel perfect pages reuse single core components like icons throughout but they might appear in different colours.
    However when those components are also downloadable marked for export as (which we would like them to be) they can no longer be inspected for colour.

Can you include colour in the inspection UI properties for downloadable assets please - we only need to be download assets once but want to inspect the colours for various states quickly in XD

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be much better if setting highlighted on the screenshot with red square would be remembered every time I open the page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fixed padding is great! Similar to the ability to view the layout grid columns, the ability to view the fixed padding universally could be helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hello Adobe i work with a TI team, we produce different types of websites. Developers in my team often ask me to send them images in specific formats, and sizes to optimize web`s performance. It would be great to have control of what extensions (.jpg, .png, .svg) are displayed in the download dropdown (picture send).

As the designer of the team i would like to hand the developers the files just as they need. I hope you found this comment useful !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)