Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

136 results found

1. Sometimes designers forget to name their layers and hand them off via the design spec sheet. It would be nice to be able to see a preview of the graphic on the specs sidebar when you click it on the artboard.

For example I click an image on the artboard, and the spec sidebar it tells me that i've clicked on Group 114, but I'm not exactly sure if it's the graphic that I need because it's a grouped layer. I know I can right click to view layers, but it would just a be a whole lot more convenient…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be nice to be able to see a preview on the sidebar of the element that you clicked from the main artboard. That would make it just quicker for devs to download what they need, especially when clicking on layers that are buried beneath other layers. I know you can right click and select the layer you need, but sometimes layers aren't named properly, and it'll just be a great quality of life improvement to be able to preview what you are clicking on the main artboard. Most design spec platforms already have this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I am a developer and our designer publishes multiple art boards. I often have to job from board to board. It would be really helpful to be able to access the other boards quickly without having to back out of the current board. Maybe even an optional filter that can sort by recently opened.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fixed padding is great! Similar to the ability to view the layout grid columns, the ability to view the fixed padding universally could be helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hello Adobe i work with a TI team, we produce different types of websites. Developers in my team often ask me to send them images in specific formats, and sizes to optimize web`s performance. It would be great to have control of what extensions (.jpg, .png, .svg) are displayed in the download dropdown (picture send).

As the designer of the team i would like to hand the developers the files just as they need. I hope you found this comment useful !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The current zoom range for Design Specs goes up to 200%. For small items with intricate details or many parts, a larger max would be very helpful (800, 1600, etc.) for precise selection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We work sometimes on different resolution. And one design can be used for a lot of product. As AdobeXD are built with Design System in mind, it could be great to have the ability to modify the scale of an element when we want to export it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently when we share Android Layout to the developers it was showing in DP for all in specs but as per platform guidelines prefer when it is character styles specs should be "SP" it is stands for Scale independent pixels. It is same as dp unit but it is also scaled by the user's font size preference.

Preferable request is meaningful as it will not confuse to the developers hope it make sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When viewing in the inspector mode in the browser, would be ideal to be able to select multiple elements at the same time, in order to check the total size. This is necessary for when a developer is building the layout templates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would really like to have an option so that the resolve button is not visible or clickable.
    I use the “share for development feature” to give students extra help, but if they mistakenly click resolve, the help is gone, and then other students would not be able to get the help, so it would be nice to make the, resolve the button not visible or clickable

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please look at this XD "Design Specs" file:
    https://xd.adobe.com/spec/37ccb941-8fd4-4a7f-6223-499948dc3fcb-41fd/

The "L" shaped elements (colored RED and FUCHSIA in the file) cover and prevent the selection of and identification of the specs, of everything below them. Even though these "L" shaped elements are not closed shapes they cover everything below them (BTW, it's the same when there is a surrounding border that is above everything else, layer wise).

Please, this must be corrected.

The attached file was "Exported" to PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If you mark an icon for Batch Export (which creates an Asset panel in the design specs) it will remove the color being used for that icon from the Color Swatch panel.

My workaround is to duplicate my icon in my artboard so that I have a copy that isn't marked for batch export and then the color information for the icon will appear in the Colors panel in the design specs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want to be able to export my elements as SVG from Design Specs with bitmaps linked or embedded, the same way I can on the local system.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hi,

Currently we have features that we develop for multiple platforms at once. This means for example we will have feature A, and during a sprint Android, iOS and WeChat developers will build the feature during the sprint.

Right now the current workflow that we have to follow is to create separate files in order to create separate links because the assets exporting forces us to choose during uploading the platform that we need assets for.

It would be much easier if we created only one link for that story / feature, and then the dev from their respective platform…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The scroll bar for the layers window is narrow and takes precise mouse work to select it on a laptop or high resolution screen. Double the thickness so it is easy to select and drag. Great app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hi,

At the moment we are developing our WeChat Mini-program, however when sharing design specs with developers we are unable to share using WeChat's measurement units, only iOS and Android are supported.

You can find out more info about WeChat's rpx measurement units here:

http://open.wechat.com/cgi-bin/newreadtemplate?t=overseas_open/docs/mini-programs/development/framework/view/wxss

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →