Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

136 results found

1. My devs are using Xamarin. It would be nice to share my file with them in a way that makes it quicker for them to code my prototype. This might be dumb but I thought I might as well ask.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. In the https://xd.adobe.com/spec/xyz-xyz../screen/xyz-xyz... screens, I regularly read a design that spans about 2 to 5 pages or screenfuls. Scrolling this in Google Chrome with a regular basic corded logitech mouse is slow. Scrolling to the next page takes 2 or 3 full scroll motions on the physical scroll wheel.

Scrolling through five pages consequently takes 10 to 20 scroll motions. This is unusable. Any other webpage has a reasonable scroll speed with my computer settings and hardware.

There also is not a draggable scroll-bar handle like on every other application that I have ever used on a computer. Why?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Small detail, but as we define design system elements, the names of those elements are more important than the technical value.

In this case, for colors, the name of the color asset is more important than the hex value. Please swap the display of those values to reflect the importance...or provide the ability to turn that hex value off since, in some cases, developers should only be referencing the name anyway.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. More options for the units in the CSS snippets, both for text and other objects. For example em, %, vw and other CCS units used for responsive web design.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There is no scroll bar visible in the page for the prototype when I look at a design spec in the web browser. I have a decent mouse but scrolling all the way to the bottom requires a lot of work for no apparent reason.

A visual scrollbar of the type that is in every other webapp and webpage that I have ever used would make the specs a lot easier to work with.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Under "Share for Development", I want to mark what an asset was designed for (in my case, always xxhdpi).

1) Determine on a by asset basis if this is for Android or iOS, instead of the entire project to be either iOS/Android/Web.

2) When the developer selects to export the asset, I cannot specify for them what the asset was "designed at", but I can if I export it myself from my XD project.

I design everything so it natively fits on the devices it will be demoed on, which is often xxhdpi. I also prefer how that displays on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When designing app screens, we define string tokens so that we can update text labels without the need of an app update.

It would be a great addition for both designer and developer to be able to select a text label and be able to add a comment (like you can do in prototype mode).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This is mainly for designers that also know how to code, who works with or is trying to build a design system based on modern frontend frameworks such as material design, vue+quasar, etc. Or for designers who follows design systems that already have documentations that they can refer to.

The idea is to give the designers ability to add description to a component, and to be able to add links so that the devs can know exactly which component from the documentation the design is based from, or at least which component will help achieve the best results.

Attached here…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I loved the included plugin for VS Code. However, I use WebStorm. Many software developers also use WebStorm. Therefore, we would appreciate it if you made a similar plugin for WebStorm.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The Design Tokens feature is a welcome and useful addition.
    However I was surprised, that the colors did appear in a completely random order in the stylesheet. I had intentionally sorted them in my assets panel.

I mean sorting them alphabetically would have been a conclusive choice too, but scrambling them is bad.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When adding development notes to an overlay page, the pins are fixed to the page behind the overlay causing the pins to be in the wrong position when you have a scroll-able modal overlay. It would be helpful if the pins could be fixed to the overlay itself so the pins stay in context.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would also be enormously helpful if I could choose a different background colour for my asset library.

we are building a dark mode and all the assets are white - so currently I cannot see what anything is at all

(Moved to another thread: When in Developer handoff - It would be nice to be able to click on a component and see all of the asset it contains in all of its states.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m repurposing this to be about the background color, as UserVoice works best when you only have one suggestion per ticket. There’s another suggestion about showing component states in design specs, so I’d suggest that you upvote that one! Thanks!

13. When I create my prototype and share, enter the link.
    I can in each element and can display properties.

1 example is CSS properties or Fonts styles.

We are working with Adobe Xd in company software and designers do the link for developers. send to developers and see the properties.

Developers want 1 property. to see the tag HTML to work on the Web. example:

When we click the font "Title" and stay in Bold we can see the tag HTML: <strong> </strong> or B.

Developers and designers UX really need this to help work better.

Another optión is the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice if people could enter in a web page URL of a page that inspires them from anywhere on the net, then click a simple button that snaps a full page image for quick importing of that page into XD, then shows the dimensions or at least it makes it easy to measure the exact dimensions that the original developer used within the page. This will help people learn from other designers creations because learning their layouts and dimensions cand be a tricky task sometimes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As the UI/UX Designer that works on projects with multiple teams, it would be nice if my developers could see the components, how many times they've been used, and where.

We could always let them use the Adobe XD document, but as per their request it would be nice to see all of this information in one place since they're already in love with the dev view and tools there.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When in the design specs the layout grid should look the same as in XD it self.

I'm working on 20 column grid with no gutter, but it turns out that the border you see in XD, you don't see that in the design specs. Result: a turquoise background for the developer with no reference ;-)

I could work around it (10 column grid with gutters and setting a side margin), but I would need to do that across the entire project.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The project view that shows thumbnails of all artboards should scale lower than 10% (2,3,4 % even) if needed - otherwise at the moment when the project file is wider it gets cut off by the browser - you can still navigate it using mouse and holding space to drag, but most devs I know find it awkward if they want to jump from screen to screen. If they use 1366px screen than often projects don't fit at 10%.

"ok.png" shows me fixing it by moving artboards into a smaller column, "bad.png" shows how it looks on screens with lower…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I run into needing to share screen #3, #14, #34 with a stakeholder to use within a presentation, think powerpoint. I have to manually export these screen fo each round of changes. I would like to publish for review only SAID screen numbers where the end user can comment OR DOWNLOAD a png or pdf of the most up to day version.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. XD would be a lot more cross-platform friendly if is offered a DPI/PPI switch for font sizes.

For example, I'm mainly desinging for MicroStrategy platform which uses 96dpi to calculate font sizes. XD uses 72.

I've read there's a similar issue with Android development.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I think it would be helpful if the Character Styles were listed in groups in order of the font that has the largest size. Since devs are usually programming things by defining the biggest to smallest (H1 > H2 > H3 > P), this would help us to see what we're up against. Next, if we added in a second font weight with a variety of colors, we would collect by the size-1st, color-2nd and weight-3rd (favoring the lighter weight to be listed first).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)