Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

136 results found

1. This is extremely important, almost as important as bringing back the old Design Specs flow which you took away for no logical reason.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Currently when we share Android Layout to the developers it was showing in DP for all in specs but as per platform guidelines prefer when it is character styles specs should be "SP" it is stands for Scale independent pixels. It is same as dp unit but it is also scaled by the user's font size preference.

Preferable request is meaningful as it will not confuse to the developers hope it make sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When viewing in the inspector mode in the browser, would be ideal to be able to select multiple elements at the same time, in order to check the total size. This is necessary for when a developer is building the layout templates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We should be able to see Design specs in inches as well. Some Enterprise development tools (BI TOOLS) only support Inches as the measurement value.
    So we are able to design, review and prototype but can't share design specs, that's still a manual process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Layers that have been set to "Fix position when scrolling" often overlap over other key layers and block the inspection of the layers underneath.

For example, if you have a mobile screen with a bottom fixed menu then this layer will need to be positioned on top of the 0-viewport. This results in any other layers in body below this bottom tab layer becoming invisible in design and design specs mode. And the developer cannot see any of their details.

So a way to hide these layers in the design specs mode will be of great help.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be very useful to be able to grab all the colour values as text in one go.
    To copy and paste into our SCSS or CSS.

Could be a download or copy all.

The shared assets in the Share for Development web pages are great. When it comes to the Colors, currently we can grab the Hex, RGBA, HSLA colours one at a time. I frequently want to grab all the colours.

Code editors help designers see the colours, we don't need to do the colours one at a time to know which is which.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Whenever I make a change to my document of a multitude of artboards the system "renders trough" the whole document with all artboards altough I have only made changes to a couple of them. Would be nice if we could update them selectively, that way the process of updating the design specs would be shorter. Right now the process gets longer and longer as the document grows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There is no scroll bar visible in the page for the prototype when I look at a design spec in the web browser. I have a decent mouse but scrolling all the way to the bottom requires a lot of work for no apparent reason.

A visual scrollbar of the type that is in every other webapp and webpage that I have ever used would make the specs a lot easier to work with.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A tool that allowed me to make rectanular measurements would be useful. It could behave like the selecting marquee tools in PS.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/selecting-marquee-tools.html

This would be valuable because it would quickly give more specs to parts of the mockup that are not always XD elements. For example, if there was part of a mockup that was a screenshot, the XD measurement tools are not as accurate. Also is helpful for finding sizes of invisible containers. This would allow developers to freely grab measurements quickly for anything on the page.

Thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hi,

I have been using Adobe XD almost one and half year on product development, so I have seen lots of reference & Materials Guides which are only supporting Sketch & Figma, But i couldn't find for XD. I thought its still developing

And I Congralute the Adobe XD team for Bug fixing and Release Update

Now my idea is to create design system which need to generate design system based on color, fonts, buttons, etc which need to links with option while creating design

Just a idea of Placement: is to place like two option Design, Prototype (replaced Invision…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would really like to have an option so that the resolve button is not visible or clickable.
    I use the “share for development feature” to give students extra help, but if they mistakenly click resolve, the help is gone, and then other students would not be able to get the help, so it would be nice to make the, resolve the button not visible or clickable

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When I publish design specs (Share - Share for development) the text that I have outside art boards gets excluded. I have text to label different sections in the userflow, like headlines. When I share the same files for collaboration (Share - Invite to edit) the text is included. It would be nice if the text outside the art boards could be included in design specs as well, that way the developers can get the same information and understand the userflow.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Having 'px', 'pt' and 'dp' as size unit is good but we need to use 'em' most commonly as flexible and scalable relative unit. Expecting 'EM' unit to the list.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When in the design specs the layout grid should look the same as in XD it self.

I'm working on 20 column grid with no gutter, but it turns out that the border you see in XD, you don't see that in the design specs. Result: a turquoise background for the developer with no reference ;-)

I could work around it (10 column grid with gutters and setting a side margin), but I would need to do that across the entire project.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to add/edit the class name to elements for developers.

Possible Solution
    - Adding the ability to show layer name. Therefore I can write out the class name.
    - Adding Dev notes for designers to add additional information to design specs. This help developers drive better consistence for end product if using an existing design system.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We need icon exports without inline styles to be able to later color them by CSS . It's inconvenient that our frontend team members always have to delete those manually, when downloading SVGs from the Specs Page. As it is now, the download button is unusable.

Good Example (Nucleo Icon Export):
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" viewBox="0 0 24 24" width="24" height="24"><g class="nc-icon-wrapper" stroke-linecap="square" stroke-linejoin="miter" stroke-width="2" stroke="currentColor"><circle cx="12" cy="12" r="11" fill="none" stroke="currentColor" stroke-miterlimit="10"/> <line data-color="color-2" x1="11.959" y1="11" x2="11.959" y2="17" fill="none" stroke-miterlimit="10"/> <circle data-color="color-2" data-stroke="none" cx="11.959" cy="7" r="1" stroke="none"/></g></svg>

Bad Example:
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="24" height="24" viewBox="0 0 24 24"><defs><style>.a{fill:none;stroke:#0f0f0f;stroke-linecap:square;stroke-miterlimit:10;stroke-width:2px;}.b{fill:#0f0f0f;}</style></defs><circle class="a" cx="11" cy="11" r="11" transform="translate(1…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. While sharing for development by default the design specs are in pixels, If i want the values to be in points or dp the dropdown option on the top right corner doesn't give the converted values (as per 1px = 0.75pt logic) it only changes the text from px to pt/dp value should also convert. Same goes for font.

I am using windows 10 - 64 bit.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The project view that shows thumbnails of all artboards should scale lower than 10% (2,3,4 % even) if needed - otherwise at the moment when the project file is wider it gets cut off by the browser - you can still navigate it using mouse and holding space to drag, but most devs I know find it awkward if they want to jump from screen to screen. If they use 1366px screen than often projects don't fit at 10%.

"ok.png" shows me fixing it by moving artboards into a smaller column, "bad.png" shows how it looks on screens with lower…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Masked layers should have the ability to be inspected for sharing with developers. They are currently treated as one grouped element where individual layers cannot be inspected.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. While working developers where not able to get information on size of text or color in a boxed text which had a different size and color ontop then the bottom part. Is there a way where probably a developer would be able to highlight text in a targeted area to get character style and color?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)