Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

136 results found

1. I have very old comments that might have been resolved before, but i can't delete or find out where are the comments, there is no way to delete or resolve this comments, clicking on them it gets me to the wrong artboard and I can't replicate the actions to make this comments appear, either give us the option to delete this comments or improve the display of this comments inside components.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Masked layers should have the ability to be inspected for sharing with developers. They are currently treated as one grouped element where individual layers cannot be inspected.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I request a list of CSS styles in the shared design (dev > inspect) to follow the component thought further. It would be great if we could have a component list where we could select a component and see all CSS styles of all elements defined within the component.

A component developer could see all required layers and styles for selected component.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/ae243bf4-8b78-420a-44a3-bd6b08f0301f-d815/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sometimes designers forget to name their layers and hand them off via the design spec sheet. It would be nice to be able to see a preview of the graphic on the specs sidebar when you click it on the artboard.

For example I click an image on the artboard, and the spec sidebar it tells me that i've clicked on Group 114, but I'm not exactly sure if it's the graphic that I need because it's a grouped layer. I know I can right click to view layers, but it would just a be a whole lot more convenient…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In the https://xd.adobe.com/spec/xyz-xyz../screen/xyz-xyz... screens, I regularly read a design that spans about 2 to 5 pages or screenfuls. Scrolling this in Google Chrome with a regular basic corded logitech mouse is slow. Scrolling to the next page takes 2 or 3 full scroll motions on the physical scroll wheel.

Scrolling through five pages consequently takes 10 to 20 scroll motions. This is unusable. Any other webpage has a reasonable scroll speed with my computer settings and hardware.

There also is not a draggable scroll-bar handle like on every other application that I have ever used on a computer. Why?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be nice to be able to see a preview on the sidebar of the element that you clicked from the main artboard. That would make it just quicker for devs to download what they need, especially when clicking on layers that are buried beneath other layers. I know you can right click and select the layer you need, but sometimes layers aren't named properly, and it'll just be a great quality of life improvement to be able to preview what you are clicking on the main artboard. Most design spec platforms already have this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please give option to download zip file of all assets. Now developer have to download it one by one so it takes too much time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Having 'px', 'pt' and 'dp' as size unit is good but we need to use 'em' most commonly as flexible and scalable relative unit. Expecting 'EM' unit to the list.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When I create my prototype and share, enter the link.
    I can in each element and can display properties.

1 example is CSS properties or Fonts styles.

We are working with Adobe Xd in company software and designers do the link for developers. send to developers and see the properties.

Developers want 1 property. to see the tag HTML to work on the Web. example:

When we click the font "Title" and stay in Bold we can see the tag HTML: <strong> </strong> or B.

Developers and designers UX really need this to help work better.

Another optión is the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Small detail, but as we define design system elements, the names of those elements are more important than the technical value.

In this case, for colors, the name of the color asset is more important than the hex value. Please swap the display of those values to reflect the importance...or provide the ability to turn that hex value off since, in some cases, developers should only be referencing the name anyway.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I am a developer and our designer publishes multiple art boards. I often have to job from board to board. It would be really helpful to be able to access the other boards quickly without having to back out of the current board. Maybe even an optional filter that can sort by recently opened.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. While sharing for development by default the design specs are in pixels, If i want the values to be in points or dp the dropdown option on the top right corner doesn't give the converted values (as per 1px = 0.75pt logic) it only changes the text from px to pt/dp value should also convert. Same goes for font.

I am using windows 10 - 64 bit.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would also be enormously helpful if I could choose a different background colour for my asset library.

we are building a dark mode and all the assets are white - so currently I cannot see what anything is at all

(Moved to another thread: When in Developer handoff - It would be nice to be able to click on a component and see all of the asset it contains in all of its states.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m repurposing this to be about the background color, as UserVoice works best when you only have one suggestion per ticket. There’s another suggestion about showing component states in design specs, so I’d suggest that you upvote that one! Thanks!

14. We need to be able to output design specs to PDF - not all of our clients can access the design specs URLs due to security constraints on their networks so being able to email static PDF design specs is essential to what we do.

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fixed padding is great! Similar to the ability to view the layout grid columns, the ability to view the fixed padding universally could be helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More options for the units in the CSS snippets, both for text and other objects. For example em, %, vw and other CCS units used for responsive web design.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hello Adobe i work with a TI team, we produce different types of websites. Developers in my team often ask me to send them images in specific formats, and sizes to optimize web`s performance. It would be great to have control of what extensions (.jpg, .png, .svg) are displayed in the download dropdown (picture send).

As the designer of the team i would like to hand the developers the files just as they need. I hope you found this comment useful !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There MUST a way for XD to show the unicode ID of a FontAwesome icon/glyph in the Styles panel of a Design Spec wireframe/mockup.

I've got a team of developers freaking-out on me because they are not able to tell what the FontAwesome icon ID is in an Adobe XD mockup. I'm using FontAwesome so I do not have to re-create hundreds of required icons, but when I show a particular developer a mockup of the web-app for him to code for, it becomes a nightmare for me and developer figuring out all the specifics of each individual icon. They…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. This is extremely important, almost as important as bringing back the old Design Specs flow which you took away for no logical reason.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'd like to be able to choose to have the property inspector already open in development view. It would save having to describe how to click on the icon to engineers every time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)