Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

25 results found

1. Instead of being able to connect only by a USB cable, the ability to connect via wifi. Any roadmap for this would be useful to know.

704 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Would be nice if fonts were embedded into the XD file. If not you aren't able to preview the app design with the correct font from iOS or android when syncing from creative cloud.

398 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In a perfect world I would like have dynamics animations on differents layers when you scroll or move the phone. It will improve a lot the possibilities of the soft.

Dynamic animations

205 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Apple watch Adobe XD app (that runs on Apple watch watch).
    Wouldn't require many additional features compared to its iPhone counterpart.

• Support for 42mm and 38mm Apple Watch sized artboards within Adobe XD (desktop)
    • Support for linked objects/hotspots within the watch previewer app
    • Transition effects visible within the watch previewer app
    • Close prototype by using force touch within the watch previewer app
    • Support for fixed headers
    79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As Apple will encourage to use SF Symbols from iOS 13 and later, it could be great to add the support inside Adobe XD so iOS designers can also use this software once Apple make their UI Kit available for XD.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hope to see some basic editing features for mobile app. This could be really helpful for prototyping.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The XD iOS preview app should have a 'refresh' function.

I've had the app lose connection several times, and not update even though I am still editing the document.

A 'refresh' function could re-connect to the currently open document and reload the changes made since the last update.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Actually, it would be nice to have access to all the prototypes through the CC mobile app.

Now, when I'm on smartphone you have to go to the assets.adobe.com and find them there. But assets.adobe.com is not user friendly on mobile.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like Adobe XD to have proper support for the new iPad Pros that was released this year.

In particular, I would like the presentations to ignore the safe areas. That helps me ensure that the UI elements I design near the bottom do not interfere with the home affordance. Maybe the right idea to convey is "full screen".

This might need to be a setting of some sort, however, because I could also be trying to demo a version on older iPad Pros, in which case the current presentation, which is inset, scaled down a little, but avoids…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would love to be able to open XD files from other sources than Creative Cloud. At work we use Dropbox as our source of truth. It would be great to browse Dropbox or Files app on the iPad (and iPhone) and retrieve the prototype for testing it on a device. As for now I need to make a duplicate of my file and move it to Adobe CC to find it, it’s quite tedious.

I´m not talking about tethering, only being able to access files outside of Creative Cloud.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. My team uses Adobe XD mobile app to conduct user testing which is useful in testing our design with real users. We use overhead camera to record what users are doing, but it would be great if the app can live-stream the screen so we can view or record the user testing remotely. Also would be great if live streamed video shows user's interaction using circle cursors.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Having an online/built-in library for iOS, similar to the Sketch iOS library, that is synced with a library created by Apple. This library generated by Apple is constantly updated with the latest design patterns and components. This will enable us to be up to date on the iOS designs, and be in sync with the master file.
    https://developer.apple.com/design/resources/

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. This is the most used size for my company, please bring it back!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The most dominant requirement for the app is to view the 'Live Preview' so make this the first option and 'don't make me think' and to have to keep clicking onto 'Live Preview' every time I open the app please. Options should be in this order: Live preview (active on open app), XD Documents, Settings. Thanks guys. James

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Since you can only activate 2 devices per Adobe ID, I have two of them: One for private use at home and one from where I work.

I however only have one cellphone and I do not plan on carrying two about all the time.

This leaves me with following problem: I would have to sign out and in all the time to view my different projects.

Since this is more of a hassle than just connecting my phone to my PC using a cable I basically never use the whole wireless thingy when I am at work, which is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When users have their mobile device tethered to their machine via USB and are viewing a prototype on that device, as the user traverses through screens it would be helpful to indicate on the computer on the XD canvas which dartboard is currently being shown on the mobile device.

This would be to help track screen flow as you click through a complex prototype.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be great to be able to open XD documents that are saved in iCloud Drive, whether through the Cloud Documents tab in the iOS XD app or via a Share Sheet in iCloud Drive.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When I open multiple XD file and switch between them the live preview on the XD mobile app change according to the selected file.. so I need an option to just lock the preview to one xd file even I switch to another file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1