Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

33 results found

1. It would be awesome if we could ensure design files and copy docs were in sync as copy changes are made. What if there was a google sheet that could serve as the copy source of truth and any changes were synchronized. Or you could make copy changes in XD as you lay things out and synch those changes with a copy file of some kind. https://www.contentsync.io/ and https://kopie.io/ are two tools that are thinking about this problem in different ways. Maybe there is room in XD for something like this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Allow user to lock aspect ratio of a shape user has drawn so that when the scale needs to be changed, the shape proportions remain constant. I outline the shapes of land parcels using PDF X-Change Editor and the shape goes wonky when I try to reduce the size. This feature is built into Microsoft Word where you create the shape and then check a box to lock the aspect ratio. As you can tell, I am not a tech person, so I am trying to describe this in real life words.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When I copy an element from Illustrator to Experience Design, the shadow effects are not imported, making a transparent box with nothing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We asked a question a couple of years ago, and I just tried this with the latest versions of Illustrator and XD. Drop shadows copy and paste correctly, so I’m going to mark this as closed. Please do feel free to file this again if you still see this.

4. This software will never be really enjoyable for Windows users until you ADD ALL THE FUNCTIONALITY TO OUR SIDE. For now it feels easier to design in Illustrator. Stop building out the Apple version and work on building the Windows version already.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I know it’s frustrating. We’re building on a very new version of the Windows platform (UWP), and when things are very new sometimes they take a little longer than expected.

We are very actively working on Windows support in XD. To help us prioritize that support though, we need you to upvote the specific individual features you are missing on Windows (rather than just filing an “everything” request like this one). For example:

- Zeplin integration on Windows: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/33045610-zeplin-integration-on-windows
    - Preview window recording: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/18890884-record-video-from-preview-window-on-windows-like (though note the Windows-G shortcut lets you do screen recording in any app on Windows 10!)
    - Live mobile device preview: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/17453770-tethered-usb-mobile-device-preview-on-windows

5. I am offering a 'self-help' teaching for the voice. Client needs feedback on progress.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. XD is very optimisation tool like Sketch but Vector Editor no one can beat Adobe illustrator in XD we need like that so soothing vector editors (path finders)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When i copy an artboard in from illustrator into xd, shadows get lost and are not imported. That style should be carried over instead of having to recreate it in xd

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best if you file each one of your suggestions separately so that we can help merge them correctly. That being said, some of your suggestions already exist and can be upvoted.

-Elaine

9. I'd like to have more tool and options that I usually find in Photoshop such as using gradients, creating styles and text styles. Most of all I'd like to create guide lines and guide lines layout, so that I could create my project only in Adobe XD.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you only have one suggestion per submission. The good news is: all of these requests are already in our database. You can upvote here:

Also, linear gradients are already available on the Mac – you can drop down “Solid” from the color picker for object fills and select “Gradient.”

Thanks,

-Elaine

10. Adobe hello, please, the following features that improve the functionality of Adobe XD
    1. First, please, add the FTP function in the export menu. The finished project should be able to send assets to FTP server.
    2. It will be useful to greater choice of visual effects transition elements such as animation hiding bar, push effect. Every element loaded on Website Design should be an additional transition settings.
    3. Please add blur effects, and the possibility of cutting elements, as the case OSX.

Best reagrds to all Team :)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you only have one request in each entry, not multiple. As Joan mentioned, we recently shipped blur effects.

Please feel free to upvote the following for your other requests:
    Microinteractions (for your push request): https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869229-animate-individual-elements-separately-custom-ani
    Scissor tool/slice: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13712892-scissor-tool-slice-vector-path

I’ll file a separate story to track the FTP request and add the original poster as a voter.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Thanks,

-Elaine

11. how about being able to integration-with any text editor with your XD mock-up

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since we haven’t heard back on the clarification question in three months, I’m going to mark this as action-required. Please do re-file the idea with some suggestions as to why it would be useful. Thanks!

-Elaine

12. Think about it - Xd+Dw, Mu, Ps, etc. I am not talking about all in one (Although, that would be extremely awesome!). In Comp, we have the ability to "Send to InDesign." We should be able to, by the click of a button, send a project (with all layers editable) to other programs that have the ability build websites, UI's, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. What is also crucial whenever a new platform comes is a transition to that platform. What if I have 100+ files in .psd or .ai or .sketch and I really like the new XD platform. That's almost 100% chance. For now, no platform have at least average solution for that. I have files in .ai but I want my team to migrate to .psd or .sketch... and it's time consuming mechanistic manual monkey job.

It would be great and ease the transition if XD will have:
    – Import to XD from .psd, .ai, .sketch with all the artboards
    – Import…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are several different requests here, and I think a bunch of them are already tracked as their own individual suggestions:

Please upvote any of those that you need, so we can get a better picture of which are the most important.

You can already bring content into XD from all three of these tools by copy-pasting individual elements/layers. Some of the issues listed in the original request here seem to be related to poor fidelity or other problems when importing content this way. If you’re hitting issues like that, could you please file a new UserVoice bug report with as much detail as possible? Ideally, please share screenshots or even an actual AI/PSD/Sketch file that shows the problem.

Thanks!

2 Next →