Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

27 results found

1. I want to export my designs to Zeplin using XD on Windows 10 - just like it works with XD on Mac.

481 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I want to export my designs to ProtoPie using XD on Windows 10 - just like it works with XD on Mac.

268 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Great Adobe XD for Jira is available. But only for Jira Cloud version. Does this plugin will be available for Jira Server version? It would be great !

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. My company has the design system and components in Zeroheight, as it makes our designs to be consistent and is an easy way to share assets. I would be ideal if XD could integrate this plugin for our work and to push other designers to start using XD (as at the moment they consider this a blocker)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add any plugin like sketch's zeplin so it will become easier to share your designs and its assets to the developer team.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

XD’s January 2018 update now supports integration with Zeplin (as well as Avocode, ProtoPie, Sympli, and Kite Compositor). Read more at https://theblog.adobe.com/introducing-popular-3rd-party-integrations-adobe-xd/

Zeplin is only supported on Mac right now. If you’re interested in Zeplin support with XD on Windows, please let us know by upvoting https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/33045610-zeplin-integration-on-windows

6. I'd like to be able to paste a vector object from Illustrator to XD.

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Import Photoshop file with options to select layers and/or artboards.

This would increase ease of use and workflow, so a user is not always switching between apps. Import options for layers, artboards, or even layer comps, would also cut down a lot of rework.

1,286 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

I’m glad to announce that we’ve just released this feature!

You can bring your Photoshop files into XD by simply opening a PSD file with the CMD-O command or by selecting “Open” from the “File” menu. Your file will automatically convert into a new XD file with your artboards, layers, and assets editable and at a high fidelity.

You can find more details about March release here:
    https://theblog.adobe.com/march-2018-update-adobe-xd/

Note that we bring in Photoshop elements and effects that can be mapped to XD’s functionality, the rest are either rasterized or not transferred yet to the XD file. Learn more about what is supported here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/open-photoshop-files-in-xd.html

Let us know your feedback.

Thanks,
    Dan

8. Import Illustrator file with options to select layers and/or artboards.

This would increase ease of use and workflow, so a user is not always switching between apps.

1,070 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to announce that with version 13 you can natively open Illustrator files in XD. Layers, artboards, effects, symbols and artwork are preserved, editable and at the best visual fidelity.

To open an Illustrator file in XD, do one of the following:
    - In XD, select File > Open. Navigate to the required folder, select an .ai file, and open in XD. You can also use the Cmd+O (Mac), or Ctrl+O (Windows) keyboard shortcuts.
    - Drag the Ai file over the XD icon (on Mac only).
    - Right-click the Illustrator file and select Open with > XD from the sub menu.

Here’s a list of what’s supported and not supported at this time: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/open-illustrator-files-in-xd.html

We’re also working on adding the same transfer fidelity for copy & paste from Ai workflow, so keep an eye on our next releases.

Thanks for voting this feature and let us know…

9. I tried to copy a rasterized image and text from PSD but I can't paste it in XD. also from illustrator, I made a logo the i copy it but I can't paste it in XD. I hope it can't done by just drag and drop like Illustrator to photoshop. So we can get all assets in our workflow in a short time. All hail drag and drop...

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Competitive products like Invision App, and tools for product teams such as Wizeline have recently released this integration. Being able to develop UX and associate it with a software development task is huge.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to see an integration with Unsplash to search for images and import them into shapes in XD.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At least two different XD plugins are available that integrate with Unsplash:

- PhotoSplash — “The PhotoSplash plugin gives you access to the Unsplash collection of over 500,000 beautiful, copyright-free images from over 70,000 contributing photographers, all directly within Adobe XD.”

- Repetor — “The Adobe XD Plugin for generating content inside a Repeat Grid. … lets you search and download beautiful, high – resolution, free (do -whatever – you – want) images from Unsplash.”

12. I just started a new real design project with XD but I noticed that I can't import any vector. Is this a bug or missing feature? I tried coping from photoshop, illustrator, using the import function and draging from windows explorer, but nothing works.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I can't find this exact feature request so I thought I would request it here. Is it possible to build XD so that any Adobe Illustrator artwork can be pasted into it?

Photoshop has this ability so I'm continuing to use Photoshop for app design, however, Sketch has some nice features over Photoshop but it's inability to accept even the most simple compound shapes from Illustrator make it virtually unusable for serious design. If preventing users from switching permanently to Sketch is on Adobe's radar, I think y'all should get Illustrator objects compatibility going. It'll be the clincher to ensure…

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this one, as we have improved in December and with the latest release the copy and paste workflow between XD and Illustrator.

If there are specific things missing, let us know in comments or in a separate request.

Best,
    Dan

14. In V1, it's clear that support for AI and PS files will be minimal. But please support SVG files. As of now, SVG files don't even appear and if they do, only parts of them are seen.

With SVG support, I can export all my AI artwork to SVG and import that into XD without losing any styles. This will be a great temporary fix while you work on supporting AI files. Please make this happen for V1.

281 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. For my team, this would be much better than just a dedicated in-tool comment system for getting feedback as this would make my prototypes more accessible to the whole team and company without the need for me to specifically send the link to select individuals.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As a designer I hope to use XD as part of my creative suite.
    But product development and prototyping is all about collaboration. In order to have different kinds of people to take part in the process, it would be good to offer separate license options at a fair price for non designers, who only need XD and not a full suite of design tools.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I think most of us in the industry already use AI and/or PS as our primary design tool. It would have been awesome if XD was a tool that focused on simply adding interactivity to artwork that was imported from AI or PS. AI and PS already have all the editing capabilities... why do you want to add them again in XD. It seems like the goal was to create an answer to Sketch, rather than enabling existing Adobe users to rapidly create interactive prototypes. Adobe's core strength is in AI and PS... and you could have hit it out…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi, I can't believe how there's 0 sync with Illustrator. I design all my screens there as it is more useful than Xd tools but I can't export them to it. I tried SVG and PSD but didn't work as I wanted. Why isn't so simple as draggin the elements as I always do from Ai to Ps or viceversa? Please, this would be a really useful feature, hope you consider it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the most recent update to Adobe XD (released Oct 15, 2018), you can now open your Illustrator files from right inside XD and it will automatically convert into a new XD file, retaining artboards, layers, and editability.

19. I tried to open a sketch file but all the screens are blank with no data except the layers names

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to export my designs to Sympli using XD on Windows 10 - just like it works with XD on Mac.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1