Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

118 results found

1. OS X's Quick Look doesn't work, I can't look content

(macOS Finder spacebar / space shortcut)

193 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Integrating with https://thenounproject.com/ app on Mac would really speed up the process flow of applying icon sets into the app design.

I'm currently hopping from the noun project app, to Adobe Illustrator before copying across to XD. It would be good to miss out the middle man and just drag straight to XD.

Thanks!

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already get full-quality vector icons from the Noun Project desktop app directly into XD via copy-paste.

However, if you drag & drop from the Noun Project app into XD, you get a bitmap instead of a vector, which is not ideal.

So XD has partial integration already — I’ll leave this request open to cover the remaining missing piece of better drag/drop behavior.

3. Pls add clipboard integration for Vector Shapes from AI and Photoshop as well as transparent bitmap layers from PS.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You should already be able to copy and paste vectors from both Illustrator and Photoshop. In Photoshop, you’ll need to copy as vector in order to paste into XD. For more about both, please read: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/help/working-with-external-assets.html

I believe we also support transparent bitmap layers from Photoshop as well on Mac.

Please let us know if this answers your question!

-Elaine

4. Option to get semi-random images in grids using adobe stock images. I would type some keywords like "nature" and "hiking" and it would automatically fill other grid elements with similar photos.

Maybe it could be done for single images too like this:

1. select shape
    2. click insert image (in appearance)
    3. choose source (adobe stock)
    4. type keywords
    5. select image

and if it's grid it selects similar images.

It could speed up design process when you need to quickly get dozen of related photos.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Anybody working in this field knows the "randomuser.me" web service.
    Randomuser.me service is an essential tool for automatic User assets generation.
    AdobeXD should integrate it. It is has simple API, and it is free.
    This would make out lives much easier. Manually creating users profiles every time is something that can make a designer cry...

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Integration of XD with AEM will be very convenient to prototype and bring the application to life at the same place.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. While a love Adobe products and am super excited to see XD and how it integrates with all the other programs I use on a daily basis, I have built a rather large custom library of components in Axure and would like to convert them over or use them in XD so I can start using it as a primary tool.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A lot of us have been using Fireworks for creating web/app layouts. If we could import those layered png's into XD it would really help to smooth the transition.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Could be the most amazing tool for apps designers. How? Create a HTML, CSS and JavaScript code integration through widgets like Adobe Muse.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support for .oam would mean that tricky interactive elements and animations could be built with other tools including InDesign, Edge Animate or Tumult's Hype.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It is very easy to navigate the Xd interface with a magic mouse or touch pad however when I am working with my Wacom (which is often) I loose some of the functionality such as zooming and being able to move around the interface with a 'hand' tool option 'H' like in Illustrator and Photoshop. If one of the artboard falls off the screen/interface, I am unable to simply drag the view to accomodate the artboard. If I am using the Wacom I have to go to the magnification setting in the upper left hand of the interface which is…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be great to have the possibility of integrate Comet's design files into a Bridge-Based workflow.

Support for XMP metadata, possibility to see/use the color swatches used into a document, quick thumbnails preview (Like ID files), keywording, etc...

Unfortunately many apps made by adobe over the time use files that does not integrates into Bridge workflow, like Muse, Edge Reflow, Edge Animate, other...

Francesco

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'm using newest version of XD, and have problem that can't copy group of object from AI to XD, it still work if I copy each single object, the prev version don't have this problem, thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'm doing an app and i'm getting a lot of views. It would be great if we could add an ID to views/elements and write somewhere (a console maybe ?) something like "for each view that contains this ID, add this button" or "change the background color".
    I think it would makes us gain a lot of time.
    It could be a feature for those who know how to code ? Or something simpler that everyone could use without coding.

Thanks for reading !

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would do well to all of us if we could connect our projects to an existing domain address and have it LIVE.
    I believe that this feature would be most appreciated by everyone since it allows us to be able to create a website or app the way we want and then be able to put it LIVE right away.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The integrations with Protopie and Kite are great, but both apps lack a free tier. Atomic is one of the best prototyping tools and the free tier will fill almost every need.

In fact, Adobe should acquire Atomic and make it an integral part of XD.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd like to see a way to integrate with ContentSync so I can sync my data with their platform.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 6 Next →