Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable trackpad/magicmouse touch movement

I just started using Adobe XD instead of *other UX system* and I like it a lot but there were hundreds of times when I almost broke my mouse because of this nasty, frustrating mouse gestures turned on. There should be no such thing as option to move the screen only by the touch gestures in SUCH precise app. No other Adobe app has this feature turned on and it's absolutely ok to move the screen only when holding the space bar (Hand). It's natural. By doing it your way (mouse/trackpad gestures) you can easily reposition the elements by few…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't expire XD every few months

I already had a bad enough experience with Adobe Scout (which also expires after a set period). This thing smells like Fireworks. Make it act like that -- as a perpetual program that runs like Photoshop or Animate or whatever.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to change the default preview segue when using keyboard arrows

Looks like when previewing using the keyboard arrows, the segue used is Slide Left. It would be nice if it respected the segue setup in Prototype.

If that is not possible, it would be nice to allow user to change the global segue to something else.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Save most recently used custom dimensions in the Start screen

1a. This is two requests for a single workflow: when creating a new file after already working out of an existing file, the new screen prompted is a blank project file without artboards. To follow suite with PS/AI, ideally – being reprompted at the welcome screen to pick a new artboard to work from would be very beneficial.

1b. Within the welcome screen, if the user is likely creating a custom size artboard, it would also be very convenient if the user was provided the dropdown option to see recent custom sizes to choose from (the other three default options…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Heads up that we now support the welcome screen popping up when you press Cmd+N. I’m editing this suggestion to be about saving the most recent custom size.

-Elaine

5. Copy/Paste effects from Audio Track Mixer tracks

Hi! I have 280 sequences that all need to have added two effects from the Audio Track Mixer-panel, but the effects there are not possible to copy and paste from one sequence to one or multiples, so I now need to create 1 sequence with correct Audio Track Mixer effects, then duplicate it 279 times, then rename all new 280 comps and then paste every one of the original 280 sequences into the new one in order to have an easy Single Band Compressor on Audio Track 2, and Hard Limiter on Master track.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Folders for cloud files

There doesn't seem to be a way to create subfolders or directories for cloud saved files. I work in an agency on multiple projects, and the inability to organize files into different projects or brands, or to move older versions of files into a backup archive is a problem.

(This mainly is a problem when trying to create shared component libraries, since as far as I understand, those have to be saved as cloud files to work)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Slow and Crashing

Adobe XD seems to be slow and crashing while opening, even in the last project I have done while I was exporting artboards, that process was slow too. It's happening after the last update I have made in August,2019.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Export all artboards to a single image (or a single PDF page)

I need to export all artboards to a unique image in order to see the workflows and the global interaction. This image should preserve the order of artboards on the canvas.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Custom Artboard Order in Grid View

Regarding the "Shared Presentation" on xd.adobe.com/view/...

The "Grid Feature" is helpful. However, it would be nice to allow the user to create custom ordering for the artboards. Perhaps in XD's "Prototype" mode, instead of just a stacking order, offer a way for the user to drag the artboards to reorder them and use that as the display order on the View page "Grid" layout.

Alternatively, it might be helpful to allow the user to create hierarchical lists (e.g. tree nodes) in XD. Then users could view as a Grid or Hierarchy on the XD View page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Device preview

I have my iPhone SE plugged into a USB and I have my screen selected on my desktop in XD. I have the XD mobile app open I see and it's not showing my actual XD artboard.

Windows pc.

All apps are updated

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Separate prototyping from design

can we separate out protyping and design so that when you are protyping and creating extra screens that these only appear in the proto window and that the design doesn't change at all. Or a t the very least when we share with dev that they only see the screens in the design window

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Curated list of plug-ins

It's frustrating to try to get plugins to work. Many have little to no support or even a guide on how to use them. A curated list of plug ins that work for most users would be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change aspect ratio of icons (Spark)

I submitted a Spark "bug" to customer care and was redirected here for some reason. Here is my issue:

In Spark (Android, but also Win 10/chrome), I was previously able to change the aspect ratio of *at least one rectangle icon. I used this capability frequently.

This would allow me to add a rectangle icon to my image and then change the shape to tall and skinny or wide and narrow and every aspect ratio in between. It was "unlocked".

It now appears that the rectangle icon I was using has now been "locked" (along with all the others) --…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Save as older version

an option to save XD files in older version, so people working on updated versions can share documents with people who can't upgrade

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Alexa Preview plugin - screen dimension selection

ADOBE XD v 21.2.12.3 does not preview to "Amazon Echo Show 5" properly. I keep getting black bars on either side of my layouts regardless of what size I set up my artboards. The internet says the Show 5 screen dimensions are 960x480, but XD won't do that. Any workarounds?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tabbed New Project

my windows 10 display resolution 1366 x 768
    when I create New, I cannot see the bottom of the next screen to choose which device I want to design for. Some options for resizing and scrollbars for this window so that everything can be seen even on smaller resolutions would be great. Also, why not make the New project window into a tab for the original window giving the ability to switch between projects using tabs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Open multiple documents at the same time

select more than one doc to open: i need to open multiple files, só i do this one by one!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Managing Multiple CC Accounts

The ability to download single files or folders from the cloud. Currently if you have multiple CC accounts (e.g. personal vs work) you have to download all files to your local computer. Or if you only want to work on a single project you need to download your entire CC library, which isn't necessary to work on single projects or files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Export font files using plugin

Like rendition, if we can export font files applied to text using Adobe XD Plugin.

Developers needs font files along with images so it would be required feature.

For Example:
    - If a text later has font Lato, I want to know the location of Lato.ttf in the file system

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Move top bar menu (on left) to right, above menu panel to allow for easy switching

It would be great if you could switch between Design & Prototype menus right there at the right-side panel. It's a little thing, but it would save us from moving back/forth across the screen to change menus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base