Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring the Clear Recents menu item back

Thought that the ability to clear the recent list used to be available but not seeing it anymore in the File > Open Recent menu. If it's gone—please bring it back.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Selecting all text elements from all artboards at once

Hi Dear Adobe Team,

Recently I started working on Adobe XD, I like really liked the whole product. But there are some advancement kind of features we all designers are waiting for. So I'm suggesting a feature that is ability to select all text elements from all artboards or selected artboards, even if they are grouped with another elements. Because converting all text elements of a very heavy project can be annoying.

Hoping to see this feature in future, it will help all designers in the world.

Thanks in advance,
    Milan Gautam

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add support for the Microsoft Surface Dial in Adobe XD

As I am incorporating Adobe XD more and more in my prototyping workflow, I find that switching from artboard to artboard and zooming out for a bird's eye view and then zooming in on a another artboard are primary actions within the app.

Also, since as PS-like scrubby zoom and flick panning are not implemented at this time, I find this whole process to be not quite optimized.

Since the introduction of Microsoft's Surface Dial device, it seems support has been added for it in Illustrator (https://helpx.adobe.com/si/illustrator/using/microsoft-dial.html) and given Ai's similar use of artboard and vector based approach,…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support Android Vectordrawable

My group works on the vector formats used by Android (VectorDrawable for static images and Animated Vector Drawable for animated vector graphics).
    I wondered if it would be interesting to Adobe for your design tools (such as XD) to produce these assets directly, to make it easier for Android developers to work with these resources in Adobe's tools.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notes and colors on workspace for structure

Working with a team on a project requires me to pass on my Xd files to others sometimes. Maybe it is me being messy, but being able to drop shapes and text on the workspace would mean a lot more structure to me.

For example: if I could drop things on the workspace, i'd be able to create notes, drop grouped artboards on a colored background etc. In that way it would be easier for me to pass on my files without leaving the next person puzzled. And as I am working on a rather big project, it would even…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Review Status

Is it possible to add review status in the library? - something for if this piece artwork is being review, in revision, waiting for approval, approved.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Built-in file browser panel

Dropping images from Finder is cool, but it might not be tricky (especially if you've got single screen) to have Finder window and some element you want to have image applied visible at once.

Would be cool to have some kind of files browser inside XD

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Use current file location as Save as default path

When I select "Save As" it would make a lot of sense to use the file's current location as the default path. Currently XD seems to use the path that was used last time when using XD, regardless of the file.

I use file number versioning alot, and I have "lost" my files multiple times just to find out them being accidentally saved into the folder of another project.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. need a way to know if a font is not supported in XD mobile

when I'm working in XD and I'm selecting fonts, I need a way to tell if that font is NOT supported on XD Mobile.

this would also be super helpful in Typekit

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve the "HEY! you need to save your work" UI

A big contributor to the issue of people losing their work (re: Auto Save (in case of system crash)) is that the UI does little to remind users to save their work.

Yes, the page title says "<<your project name>> - edited", but the hundreds of people reporting this issue make it obvious that people don't notice this.

It sounds like auto-save is in progress, but that it will take some time. In the meantime, how about implementing some much better "HEY! You need to save your work!!!" signifiers?

thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Use dash instead of a long dash for artboard name when pasting

Use dash instead of a long dash for artboard name when pasting. Cannot compress (zip) exported files when there is a long dash in the filename on a windows machine. There may be other issues that arise when there is a long dash?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Shortcut for the Apple UI Kit

It'd be great to have a shortcut built in for the Apple UI kit! Food for thought!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Publish a VPAT accessibility report on Adobe XD

Need a VPAT discussing accessibility limits/features. Trying to create an elearning app and for anyone to adopt it we'll need accessibility features.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include fold line (scroll viewport boundary) in exported images

Nice to see where your screen ends in the exported images as well as just within the application? This may work especially well in mobile/responsive designs.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Import photos from external services

Imported photos via Lightroom, google photos, dropbox as in Adobe Slate does.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. UI kit for chat bot experiences

When you model a marketing campaign that uses chatbots you need to have a visual representation of the algorithm by which your lead will go through in order to implement it right in a chatbot automation software.
    That is why It would be nice to have kits for modeling chatbot conversations and be able to play them as you do with prototyped mobile or desktop UIs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make installation via system account (Windows 10, enterprise env.), wo. a user profile available at the time of the installation possible

Currently it's not possible to deploy XD via MS SCCM because SCCM uses the system account which has no profile. This is a no no for large scale environments. If you let users manage their software each of them works with another version of the same product, which eventually leads to countless support calls ("why can't I access the XD files of team A? Why uses he features I don't have?") Furthermore you can't uninstall properly software via SCCM, if the user installed the respective Software, because the user has a profile where as the system account doesn't. Currently I'm…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Save as dialog confusion

After update this dialog box confuses and I find its very complicated. Please use system UI instead of this new one. Because I rename the file and when I hit enter it saves in last location without asking me.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show XD thumbnails in Windows 10

It is so hard to navigate your design files when you can't see anything but just the name and app icon.

Both Adobe and Microsoft are not only mature companies but one could say - the seniors of the market. So why is it still such a big problem? Why in 2018 for most Adobe apps we can only see icons, not proper thumbnails? Patents? Money? Lack of good will?

Yes, there are 3rd party apps like mystic thumbs that would allow you to generate those thumbnails but it should be native already. So Adobe please, take some actions and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Adobe XD use without using Adobe account

I am working in a bank. And using a tool that requires you to log in another site (logging in Adobe account to use Adobe XD) is forbidden.
    We are hoping we can use Adobe XD offline or at least have an enterprise solution that allows the usage of Adobe XD within the corporate servers only.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base