Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better plugin management interface; filters, sorting, what's new, tags, what's popular, ratings and feedback

As more and more plugins are added the the Xd ecosystem, this will quickly become an over-saturated market where distinguishing between high-quality, helpful tools and junk addons will become very difficult.

It will also become increasingly difficult to view, manage, update, and check out new plugins. I would love to see some better filtering options so I can quickly see what's new, what's trending, which of my current plugins need updates, etc. Tagging and categorizing plugins, providing popularity, feedback and ratings would also help establish a better experience for all users.

I also find many plugins so far do not…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Working ‘search bar’

Would love to have a working ‘search bar’ where i can let people type in something so they can find it in my app.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Design focus oriented UI

On many household electronics objects, the User Interface (UI) is Focus oriented: the user move a focus with buttons to select and validate an UI object. For example on TV UI like Apple tvOS, Android TV, Amazon FireTV, connected TV, etc., or on Waterproof objects like the Pebble Watch, or on very small and low-cost products like many connected objects (IOT).

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. XD Source files editing on the web

Currently, there is no option to edit my file from another PC because XD don't have the web version, and also all source files get stored in the system.

I would like to suggest something like UXPin does. They have the web version and the desktop version. It helps us to work from anywhere.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Organize artboards by user flows + TOC menu

We need an easy way of organizing artboards by user flows. I have multiple projects with 100+ pages and mutliple flows within them. When you do prototypes for functional things, you can't always just make one big prototype. Due to different user roles, states, etc. They can't be connected and you end up having mutiple flows to account for when you go to publish. Its all a big pain to manage.

My current workaround is to visually group my artboards together and put a big label above them for identification (see screenshot). I then add a "table of contents" menu…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Preferences

I would like to set global values/behaviors for various things in the preferences. What I can think of right now:

DESIGN
    - Default text line spacing/leading (like on Illustrator/Indesign)

PROTOTYPE
    - Default transition duration (0,2 s, 0,4 s ....)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. What about strategy in UX?

We need tools like Personas, User Journeys Map, Value Proposition, Business Model Canvas. Something like https://uxpressia.com

The menu should be something like

00 Strategy Mode
    01 Design Mode
    02 Prototype Mode
    03 Test Mode

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Display file name in Windows task switcher (alt-tab)

When I have multiple XD files open, I can't always tell which is which because they are all named "Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta)" in the Windows 10 task switcher (alt-tab). Most apps display the file name as well.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. CAD style navigation: Zoom directly with mouse wheel (without holding ALT), Pan by holding mouse wheel button (without Space key)

Wouldn't it be nice we had the option to zoom in and out just by using the zoom wheel and panning by clicking on the wheel / third mouse button ?
    This is the way all the CAD programs work and I never understood why it isn't omnipresent.

Right now scrolling on the wheel will move the page up and down (who needs this ?) and only by holding ALT on the keyboard will get the zoom tool activated, respectively only by holding SPACE will the pan get activated.
    Why do we bother with this and need to keep holding…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show local link to cloud document (but still edit offline)

With the new version of XD, you now have 2 options to Save: Cloud Documents, Your Computer...

Say I've saved a file to Cloud Documents. If I want to work on this file offline, I have to plan ahead to save this file to my computer too; that's double the clicks. And I have to remember which file is the most up-to-date to replace the old one, which is not good user experience in terms of human memory. Can we have an option to automatically save a copy to our computers with Automatic Sync?

While I'm at it, can I…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to switch from thumbnails to list view on recent projects on opening screen.

Most file names are too long to be read in thumbnail view, I would prefer to see them in a list. I would be useful to have the option to switch just like in PS' opening screen.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Isometric views of artboards in prototype mode

So this feature would be super helpful for publishing work on sites like dribbble or portfolio sites.

Have a button or an option to export all artboards (in prototype mode) showing their connectors, kind of like you do now, however: 1) no over lapping lines (meaning there is an auto "jump" for lines that over lap), 2) customizable isometric views 3) ability to export everything in 1 view, with options to add shadows, background colors, etc...

This would save HOURS in generating work for presentation, which is a critical part of growing in the profession of design. Since most deliverables…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. CC Libraries as separate application

Currently the CC window open over XD and can't be locked within it. This has made me realise why should the user need to open CC Libraries in every Adobe application every-time they go into one?

E.g. I use InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD daily and I have to open each one in each app individually? This now makes zero sense...Would it not be better to have CC Libraries as an app / extension window of it own so no matter what Adobe app you are in CC is already their and open? I hate to do the same repetitive actions…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dockable symbol Panel

I feel the Symbol Panel should be dockable like the other panels across the Adobe family . Docking below the Artboard panel isn't a bad idea.

Reason is the workflow become easier and faster rather having to click the symbol panel everytime to apply a symbol .

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. UI Kit for Adobe Creative Cloud products

In addition to the default IOS, Windows, etc. UI-Kits, it would be great to have a UI-Kit for mocking up Adobe CC layouts for plugins, extensions, prototypes for suggestions, etc.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show full artboard name on hover

Currently, to view the full artboard name if it's masked with an ellipsis, double clicking to change the name of the artboard is required to see the name in full.

Please just let us see the full artboard name if we hover over the unmasked portion of the artboard name

Artboard naming is critical when building prototypes and assigning interactions. Need to be able to quickly see the unmasked artboard name so we know we're working on the right one.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Import and view cinemagraph images

It would be nice (besides animated gif`s) to view cinemagraph images. Advantage would be the low rate of MB’s and so acceptable up- and downloading times.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Manage access rights for cloud documents (view-only, read-only)

I manage sticker sheets for my UX team. It is too easy for anyone including myself to accidentally make undesired adjustments to the sticker sheet which will be pushed to everyone that I have shared it with.

There needs to be a toggle to switch between edit mode and view mode so these mistakes are avoided.

I would also like to be able to set varying security rights so that some people will be able to edit and others will only be able to view.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Russian language support

adobe xd почему нет русский язык?

[Translated] request for Russian language version of Adobe XD.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change default save location to local file system

XD insists on saving my documents to Cloud Documents by default all the time. I haven't made such a decision and there's' no way of changing the default. I wanna save to "Your Computer" all the time. I really miss a "Remember this choice" option. Please stop making decisions on my behalf Adobe.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base