Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automate XD commands via script

Hot Search/ Run:

http://goo.gl/S1VL26

Not only saves time, but also very much easy to use.
    Now a days, We(user) want "on hands".

Say if i'm half the way of designing any interface
    and trying to insert any symbol/ object/ element to particular place
    It would be obvious to go, search for "symbol, library panel" and then find the appropriate element like Large Button, Navigation.. and finally drag drop to the screen.

Instead we could search for what we want in a single interaction.
    If we are searching for it, We would have already created/ known about it. (Let it be…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Apple iOS UI Kit: Add keyboard with a return button

In the Apple iOS UI Kit, there is only the keyboard with the search button in the bottom right, and not a another option for a keyboard with the return button in the bottom right.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Top Navigation Pane (Windows)

You really can make it true
    And Windows UWP Guidelines allows it
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/design/controls-and-patterns/navigationview

See my example.

Why is this valuable to me?
    This (top menu pane) more convenient for me, and lot of other people, burger menu is painful option for all Windows users

Thank you.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Select the language in which XD runs

I'd like to be able to select what language I use XD in.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, we’re linked into your operating system language, not the Creative Cloud application language. I’ll edit this slightly and leave this open.

-Elaine

5. Quicker navigation to plugins pane on Windows

Accessing plugins on Windows is a minimum of 3 clicks (usually 4 since most plugins have their own sub-menu). This is very tiresome with the workflow of most plugins, which require you to rerun them anytime you want to try a different feature or change something. Mac users have a native top navigation bar, so plugins are only 1-2 clicks away for them, which is an improvement but still pretty annoying with some plugins.

The current Windows workflow for interacting with a plugin is this:
    Hamburger Menu>Plugins>"Plugin">"Plugin Option"

There are several ways this could be improved for Windows users (and…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Flatten PDFs on export

Export as PDF is nice, but the PDF files that XD is spitting out are huge and take a while to load or print. As a file loads, I can see the elements being added one by one as if layered. This is really painful to share with clients. Could there be an option to flatten PDF (or by default) on export?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove auto save

Sometimes I open files just to copy assets to another file, and move things around. I don't undo that coz sometimes I move stuff without even being aware. But when I close XD it doesn't even ask if I want to save changes. It automatically saves changes I didn't intend to save. It's very frustrating. Please give option to disable automatic save. If it automatically saves a copy on crash it's understandable, but this saves the main file. All unintended changes get saved.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show project title (file name) for each window when hovering Windows TaskBar

When working on multiple projects on the desktop app, there is no way to preview the file name when I hover over the tiles. All tiles have the title" Adobe XD" instead of the actual project name. This means I have to hover over each one and let it open on my screen to see which project is which. (See attached image)

It would be nice to see the project name instead of Adobe XD to differentiate the projects.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Installation language should match Creative Cloud Settings

Please can you modify the installation process (at the very least through Adobe CC) such that the program installs the software to match your Creative Cloud settings and NOT your operating system settings.

Many manufacturers (Dell, HP, Acer) lock the OS language to stop companies buying laptops cheap in Thailand and using them in the US, for example.

The result is that many of us work (especially in Europe) work on a computer in the local language but work IN our native language;

I work in France but not IN FRENCH.

Many thanks.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Folders for cloud documents

Our team names xd files to link to jira tickets. It'd be very helpful for the cloud to have a folder structure for separating releases into batches.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. File preview in Finder

Hi, could it be possible to have a preview of the file selected in Finder Window?

Sometimes we have different files for the project and it would be helpful to be able to preview the content of the file without opening. (see attached)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Detailed Release Notes

Whilst you guys do a great job discussing the major features in each Preview release, I'd really like to see detailed release notes that cover all of the fixes, tweaks and changes. For example, today, through trial, I found that you could edit individual character colours, which was a much requested feature here. However, there was no mention in your blog post. I think it's super important that every detail of a release is made public, so that we can give feedback, try new things and genuinely feel more involved.

As ever, Sketch do this really well: https://www.sketchapp.com/whats-new/ -- but…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Mac] Command-Click / right-click file name in title bar to reveal full path in a popup

Command-Click the icon and file name in a window's title bar to reveal the full path as a menu like an other mostly OSX app

Or just add an Right-click on the file name in the window bar like photoshop opens a menu with the option reveal in finder

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Document name as window title in Windows 10

sometimes I have multiple documents opened in XD and when I want to choose them via taskbar thumbnail preview or in Task View mode (Win + Tab) the title of XD window is "Adobe XD CC" which is confusing, using document name in title instead would help much more.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Splash screen on the launch of XD

I want you guys to implement and make a splash screen for XD too. Not just for aesthetics style, and not just to be inline with Adobe CC apps too, but to show immediacy to the XD app instead of a plain grey color on the splash, a clever workaround to make transition on launching the XD to showing the Start page, but on users like me, time is precious, and on that grey page, some users on old and slow machine, or let say you're a known multitasker and have so many apps running with you, you'll end up…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Merging files

Been able to merge 2 or more files together. Sometimes client wants to see only a small part or a new idea in the prototype. As a result we make an independent file on its own in order not to mess with main
    If idea works, been able to merge this small file with the main prototype would be a great idea.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Artboard options

As some features are still missing (like multiple grids for different screensizes) our team is using artboards as UIkits within the file. We use this for prototyping & design (standard block definition, assets, …).

It would be great to have "artboard options", to say those pages should never be shown in XDlinks or pdf's.

You could potentially solve multiple artboard-issues this way, for exporting, sitemap creation, namegiving, artboard grouping, etc.

Possibility for artboard options:

• Show artboard when exporting to file
    • Show artboard when exporting XD link
    • Gridstyles
    • Select master for artboard (like Indesign)
    • Artboard grouping…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Working ‘search bar’

Would love to have a working ‘search bar’ where i can let people type in something so they can find it in my app.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Design focus oriented UI

On many household electronics objects, the User Interface (UI) is Focus oriented: the user move a focus with buttons to select and validate an UI object. For example on TV UI like Apple tvOS, Android TV, Amazon FireTV, connected TV, etc., or on Waterproof objects like the Pebble Watch, or on very small and low-cost products like many connected objects (IOT).

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adjust Save As dialog to make it easier to save

With the new update it became more annoying to save files. To achieve the same purpose have increased clicks to do (just to push the save on Adobe cloud that frankly I do not care at all). Moreover, the "save as" has become a "save a copy" even if the name in menu is just "save as". This means that the word "copy" is inserted automatically in the file title. I have never seen a person of common sense use the suffix "copy" on the naming of the files but rather a sequential number. So I'm forced every time to…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base