Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy as bitmap

copy to microsoft powerpoint and word as an image to make a presentation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Convert text to curves on assets on export

Hey! It would be great to have the assets marked to export to be converted to curves when published on the design specs page.

Today, when I mark a Font Awesome icon built with ligatures for export, the devs (who export all assets in SVG) get an icon with the character from the font itself and not the vector asset.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Select the bit size of image in png format (8 bit, 32 bit)

I want to select the bit size of image(8bit / 32bit..) in png format in XD.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Maintain creation order of artboards when exporting to pdf

Artboard export to pdf is currently top left to bottom right. When linking to the PDF from InDesign this may mess up the links if artboards are rearranged or added later.

An option to change this behavior to be closer to Illustrator would fix this issue. I.e. export in order of creation.

Unless there is another way to reference XD files from within InDesign?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow selection of antialiasing style on export

I'm designing a webpage, when I exported to PNG mockup, I've got issue with the font, please find my attached files, one exported from XD and one exported from photoshop with same font family & size.

The one XD got a bit blurry than the Photoshop one. I think the problem that I can choose "Sharp" anti-aliasing method in Photoshop. But XD seems like exporting as "Smooth" anti-alias.

I tried to find somewhere in XD with the options. But couldn't find.

Anybody please help. Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. copy as pdf

Could it be added the function of "Copy as PDF"? When I copy and paste directly an asset or artboard to clipboard. It seems convert it to png file type now. Actually it will be more efficient than menu command "export to PDF". And in the Ai or Indesign copy as PDF to clipboard is a basic feature. Hope for that, thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Exported artboard having issue with blend modes

Today I exported an artboard which has numbers of design elements having blend modes (darken, overlay, multiply etc) applied against primary background colors. The exported image (PNG / JPEG) was not in intended color like it seemed in XD; it has complete different color. It's clear that blend mode is not working properly in produced image. It's driving me real crazy. I can't show my work to the client. He won't accept my work until the issue is fixed.

I've attached 2 versions of images for the reference.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Message from Alex in the comments: Hello Ishwor, sorry to learn about your inconvenience.

I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue you’re describing, so I was wondering how you have brought the vector graphics into the design: did you import the entire design from another tool, or perhaps just the vector graphics? Any details on the process you’ve gone through while creating the design would help me and my team get to the bottom of this.

9. Run path operations on shapes grouped to bounding boxes.

Masked paths/shapes are revealed in js react. It would be nice to not have to do this manually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export JPG at 3x

Please let me have my JPGs at 3x!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export at 4x

I know it’s not the primary usage for XD, but I was designing a little poster for a client in A4 and they suddenly changed their mind and wanted A3. I always export higher resolution, not just in print (using web export, which gives both 1x and 2x). So, since I wanted to have A3@2x, I had to manually copy the content and scale it up to a bigger art board. Thankfully there weren’t many changes in the poster after this but it got me thinking - it’d be neat if I could just export 4x of what I had…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unique clip path ID when exporting SVG

Hi, one of programmers at my work had a problem with clip path ID in SVG files that was exported from XD because each of them didn't have unique clip path ID. Whereas exporting from Illustrator had an option of giving clip path ID a unique ID. Can it be also implemented in XD?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export SVG graphics for web

Now code of exporting SVG files starts like this:
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg&quot; width="32." height="32" viewBox="0 0 32.000 32.000">...

Please add line "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>" befor <svg xmlns=...>
    Because lack of this string made issue with embedding SVG in content

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export hidden icons to developer prototype

I have noticed that assets that I have selected to be uploaded to my developer prototype only seems to include assets that are visible on the art board. It would be good if the developers had access to all the assets I have selected for upload in the asset panel regardless to whether they are visible on the art board or not.

I turn visibility off for some of my icons as they change in different states and it is easier to keep them layered but the ones I'm not currently using tuned off (flash on/off/auto for example)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export to OAM file

Convert an Adobe XD file into an OAM file or export as OAM file, example Adobe Edge Animate (OAM)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Recursive exporting of all assets inside groups

Is it possible to export all the assets in the art board embedded inside groups recursively.
    Example:

Group1
    - asset 1
    - Group 1.1

-asset 1.1.1

-asset 1.1.2

Expectation after export:
    asset1, asset1.1.1, asset1.1.2 (seperate files)

currently once way to do this is to ungroup and export it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add PDF margins on export

I work for a large ad agency. Currently we design in InDesign and export a PDF with margins to route through the agency and to and from our large, lucrative client. The margins are essential because we annotate the files. The PDF goes from department to department where stakeholders comment. The PDF is created by the art dept and lands back there and comments are addressed after it makes it's rounds.

We would need to be able to create margins on our PDF exports to hold the anotations in order to even consider using XD. I think that one tweak…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Export assets to an "asset" directory in the same location as the *.xd file

the title says it all
    During export i don't want to be clicking and looking for the location of the export every single time.

Please make a button that resets the export location to the location of *.xd file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support export to .wmf and .emf files

Add support for exporting to these file formats(.wmf and .emf)
    This is valuable to allow maximum flexibility and reduce spacing costs on cloud storage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base