Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. copy as pdf

Could it be added the function of "Copy as PDF"? When I copy and paste directly an asset or artboard to clipboard. It seems convert it to png file type now. Actually it will be more efficient than menu command "export to PDF". And in the Ai or Indesign copy as PDF to clipboard is a basic feature. Hope for that, thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Run path operations on shapes grouped to bounding boxes.

Masked paths/shapes are revealed in js react. It would be nice to not have to do this manually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Full image export at original resolution (Export as source)

Hi,

Very often I use images inside a mask/frame but the devs need to be able to export/download the full image that exists inside a mask/frame, not just the image framed. Right now I'm forced to send the images to the devs and this should be all possible inside XD, that's what this application is about.

Sorry If I miss something, I couldn't find a way to do it. This is key.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Export text strings from Artboards to process then for multi-language support

Export/Import text strings used on the Artboards as csv, xsl or other formats so that the data can be used for processing multi-language support. This will allow developers to see how prototype look like for different language and allow translators to work with the strings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Batch export assets for selected artboard

It would be nice to be able to select an artboard and batch export all assets on that artboard only.

I work on several pages that are updated weekly and so I have one XD file for the entire week. Each page is it's own project and the assets need to be uploaded to dev in separate locations so being able to select one artboard and only export assets on that artboard would be super helpful!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dynamic linking between XD and After Effects

Would be nice if assets wich exported to AE would be dynamically linked to the design in XD. So every update in XD updates the Assets in AE, just like AI->AE or dynamic link between AE and PR.

Everytime I update a design and send it to AE, a while new composition is created wich makes working with updated files almost impossible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Different name for component states when exporting assets for dev handoff

If I have a component "checkbox", and a state of that component named "checkbox_active", when exporting the asset, both will be named checkbox.svg, then I have to rename it manually.

My idea is to name the svg accordingly with the state name or putting an underscore between names.

Ex: component-name_state-name

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make Component Master exportable to make all instances exportable

It will be great if I can mark Component Master as exportable to export all Component Instances. If I have a button which I used many times I'd like to make them all (and all new instances) exportable at once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export at 4x

I know it’s not the primary usage for XD, but I was designing a little poster for a client in A4 and they suddenly changed their mind and wanted A3. I always export higher resolution, not just in print (using web export, which gives both 1x and 2x). So, since I wanted to have A3@2x, I had to manually copy the content and scale it up to a bigger art board. Thankfully there weren’t many changes in the poster after this but it got me thinking - it’d be neat if I could just export 4x of what I had…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export SVG graphics for web

Now code of exporting SVG files starts like this:
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg&quot; width="32." height="32" viewBox="0 0 32.000 32.000">...

Please add line "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>" befor <svg xmlns=...>
    Because lack of this string made issue with embedding SVG in content

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Assets panel classify the colors into border-colors and background-colors.

Now that the assets panel only has colors, I need to classify the colors into border-colors, background-colors, and shadow-color.In addition, we need to add a new category of border-radius.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export hidden icons to developer prototype

I have noticed that assets that I have selected to be uploaded to my developer prototype only seems to include assets that are visible on the art board. It would be good if the developers had access to all the assets I have selected for upload in the asset panel regardless to whether they are visible on the art board or not.

I turn visibility off for some of my icons as they change in different states and it is easier to keep them layered but the ones I'm not currently using tuned off (flash on/off/auto for example)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export to OAM file

Convert an Adobe XD file into an OAM file or export as OAM file, example Adobe Edge Animate (OAM)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to export entire screens at a custom size

I would like the ability to export entire screens at a custom size for use in promotional designs and print settings. When choosing "export for design" it exports it at an unusable quality with no option to export at a higher resolution. When everything is being designed with vector elements it makes no sense that I can't export at a higher resolution. The only workaround I have found is to export for android and only take the highest resolution, but this is a hassle and still somewhat limiting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Recursive exporting of all assets inside groups

Is it possible to export all the assets in the art board embedded inside groups recursively.
    Example:

Group1
    - asset 1
    - Group 1.1

-asset 1.1.1

-asset 1.1.2

Expectation after export:
    asset1, asset1.1.1, asset1.1.2 (seperate files)

currently once way to do this is to ungroup and export it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add PDF margins on export

I work for a large ad agency. Currently we design in InDesign and export a PDF with margins to route through the agency and to and from our large, lucrative client. The margins are essential because we annotate the files. The PDF goes from department to department where stakeholders comment. The PDF is created by the art dept and lands back there and comments are addressed after it makes it's rounds.

We would need to be able to create margins on our PDF exports to hold the anotations in order to even consider using XD. I think that one tweak…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export assets to an "asset" directory in the same location as the *.xd file

the title says it all
    During export i don't want to be clicking and looking for the location of the export every single time.

Please make a button that resets the export location to the location of *.xd file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Give a specific error when writing to a PDF that is already open

Currently when you export a PDF with the same name as an already opened previous version, it wont say what is wrong. Would be nice if they fix this!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Better export options for graphics with effects

If I, say, create a round icon at 150px without any detail such as a drop shadow or glow, it will happily export at 150px.

However, this size is increased on export with the addition of a drop shadow or glow detail etc. For example, to 168px. (The same principle would effect a shape or text element.) Currently, using the same 150px icon with drop shadow example, the asset size on the artboard does not take this into account, but still shows as overall size as 150px, even though exporting increases this.

It would be useful to have an option…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base