Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

158 results found

1. When exporting text to SVG, a generic fallback font should be specified after the original font, e.g. sans-serif for Helvetica Neue.

Idea posted initially here:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/14534772-exported-svgs-lack-default-fallback-sans-serif-f

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Ability to ignore locked objects when exporting assets. This way we could use locked objects as grids and not having those show up in the exported PNGs.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Here my idea for exporting asset that I call Asset Mode.
    Workflow:
    1. Choose Assets you want to export in Design Mode by right click > Send to Assets
    2. Switch to Asset Mode
    3. Change wifth, heigh, position, background of assets
    4. Choose scales (1x, 2x,...)
    5. Export
    Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWa0Z-qke5g&feature=youtu.be
    XD Prototype: http://adobe.ly/1O438HI

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We have designed an app in XD. However the dev teams are resistant to accepting the shift from Photoshop to XD. We may have now redesign everything in Photoshop and revert to pixate for prototyping.

Can you provide a detailed video that we can show the dev that shows how exactly they can use export files from XD to code. Please stress on XD exports make their lives easier.

Instead of just defining the export feature, can you explain on what are the practical applications of the different types of exporting? As in - "Now that we've got all our…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When exporting one or more artboards, there is a message shown at the top indicating the process. (with an X to cancel it)

After it's done, however, there is no confirmation of the success (other than the absence of an error message), and there is no way to quickly open the containing folder for the export result.

It would be really useful and handy to get a confirmation message along the lines of "(#) Artboards Exported successfully. [Open folder]" at the top afterwards — especially because XD doesn't use the native Mac windowing system, thus we don't have access to easily…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In the process of exporting individual elements - there's no interface that lets you choose file type or any other settings. Also exporting overlapping design elements exports as tow image files. Would be nice to have an option to control that option.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Give option to select which screens to simulate/animate/and export, give exact width/height options, speed, then options per format, i.e for GIF will give GIF options, for AVI will give video options and thus ...

803 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve tweaked the title so it covers only exporting animation to GIF format. This will help keep our feature list fine-grained so we can get a better picture of which are the most important.

For the other formats that were originally mentioned here:

8. It would be very useful having one more tab after Design and Prototype called "Export" for example. It would let developers easily see all the necessary information about any element like the size and color of the text, the size of a button and it's position on the screen, and so on, and then easily export any element. From there

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Exporting fancy animated interactions as Swift Code, Objective-C, Java, Etc... To help out the developers

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add xCode export to the list of functions... great for informative apps

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you tell us more about how you’d like this to work? Do you want XD to export image assets and insert them directly into the correct folders/filenames in an existing Xcode project? Or do you want XD to generate Objective-C / Swift code to create a brand new Xcode project?

11. Would like support for PNG8 and PNG8 with alpha channel. (as an example, I exported a single asset from XD and it came in at 4 K. I took that same asset and opened it in fireworks, and exported as PNG 8 with not loss of quality and it exported at 1.5 KB... this becomes even more useful with larger assets or sprite sheets where the difference could be between 400 KB vs 150 KB.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It'd be really handy to be able to output completely app-ready assets through a sort of PS generator-like functionality.

Although it is possible to manage all of your assets in Photoshop, XD would seem to me to be a much more logical place to control and ultimately output them.

e.g:

First of all when you create a document you are more or less defining the platform that the app is for, so you already know what type of output that is needed, or it could be defined at export time.

If you need to export for an Android application (for…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great to Export Prototypes as pure HTML Projects. I am working a lot on Multiscreen apps, where I mostly use Serveal Webcontainers Running on several Screens, to develop those Applications.

3,612 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The ability to name artboards and assets with some criteria (for example, a forward slash: "ARTBOARD1/IMAGE2/iOS/BACKGROUND") which would automatically generate nested folders upon export.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Preview the assets before exporting out to PNG or SVG.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Based on the Android components I would like the export all my layouts with assets. I would to import the xml document into my Android studio and drag the assets into Android studio have most of the front end tools layout everything.

270 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Help us quickly get from concept to working prototype for our Windows 10/HoloLens/WinPhone/Xbox apps by streamlining created content from XD to XAML.

Add support for exporting (or copying to clipboard) XAML. Make it intelligent enough to convert things like repeat grids to GridViews.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be great to have an integration with adobe ANIMATE CC therefore just to make some code snippets, and the backbone codification, but to have all the assets linked as screens in the timeline of Adobe animate cc would be great, improving the time that an app can need to be published.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →